Mr Stats

World's Oldest

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Just hope the other one he is talking about is not Lucille Randon….

Nope, it seems he is talking about Antonia Da Santa Cruz.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, drol said:

Nope, it seems he is talking about Antonia Da Santa Cruz.

ouf great ! Where this talk take place btw ?

33 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

ouf great ! Where this talk take place btw ?

The 110 Club.

Kane Tanaka is 119 today! :birthday:

• Like 6

All 3 validated people who reached age 118 also reached their 119th birthday.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2020 at 22:27, roaming_comrade said:

from a statistical point of view she cant die next year, because no one ever died at age 118

My theory stands un-disproven 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

My theory stands un-disproven 

I think Lucile Randon it's going to test it really hard between next 11th February and 10th February 2023

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Sideik said:

I think Lucile Randon it's going to test it really hard between next 11th February and 10th February 2023

Only if she reaches next 11th February, in first hand 

• Like 3

Anyway I think she could be the 4th to prove it, as she still seems quite indestructible.

Except if the second currently gravely ill is not Antonia Da Santa Cruz. 

• Like 1

Lucille Randon is quite impressive ! She's a little bit overshadowed by Tanaka and that's understandable but I would be quite proud to see her as the "oldest woman alive" at some points, cause at her age, the fact that she's not is unbelievable ! I'd love to see a French take the title for a little while. She seems quite healthy and still active from the recent videos of her so I'd say she can easily reach her 118th birthday but not sure about her 119th, everything can happen at those ages… 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, arghton said:

Here's the post from Young, 31st of December:

And to be direct, I'll put it this way: two of the world's top three are receiving treatment beyond normal daily medical care. You can figure out what that means.

End of a small era when it happens. I hope Tanaka makes it to 119, getting to the age Knauss was doesn't seem very likely.

Oh! Me too I hope that this is not Randon...

On 01/01/2022 at 15:26, arghton said:

Here's the post from Young, 31st of December:

And to be direct, I'll put it this way: two of the world's top three are receiving treatment beyond normal daily medical care. You can figure out what that means.

End of a small era when it happens. I hope Tanaka makes it to 119, getting to the age Knauss was doesn't seem very likely.

The validated top 10 currently, with health notes:

Kane Tanaka, 119: Critically ill, has a permanent nasal cannula. Previous health issues include surviving parathypoid fever in the 1930s, pancreatic cancer in the 1940s and colorectal cancer in the 2000s. 

Lucile Randon, 117: Current condition unknown, has previously survived a mystery disease that killed her sister in 1905, heart attack and carotid artery surgery in 1995 at 91, covid in january 2021 at 116. Wheelchair-bound for around 9 years?

Antonia da Santa Cruz, 116: Current condition unknown, looked frail and thin in mid-2021. DEAD

Tekla Juniewicz, 115: Seems to have been bedbound on her 112th birthday, survived "serious illness" at 113. Not that frail-looking currently.

Thelma Sutcliffe, 115: Looks frailish but reportedly in good health. DEAD

Valentine Ligny, 115: Hospitalised shortly before her 110th due to a fall, suffered one in december 2020. Not seen in a while and I'm not sure if there's been a new picture of her anywhere in a year. DEAD

Yoshi Otsunari, 115: Formerly known as Anonymous of Fukuoka. Condition unknown, seems like there aren't photos of her anywhere. DEAD

Maria Branyas Morera, 114: Survived covid in april 2020, seems to be in great condition.

Casilda Benegas, 114: Survived covid in december 2020. Frailish.

Fusa Tatsumi, 114: In a wheelchair for over 13 years, ultrafrail for years, bedbound on her 114th birthday in april 2021. Would be suprised if she makes it to 115. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Whenever I see this thread up, I'm worried for dear old Kane Tanaka. Looks like it will be soon...

• Sad 1

Ralph Kohler (104) & his wife Dorothy (103) have been married 86 years 108 days & may beat all records (Wiki & Guinness World) in less than 4 years time. They probably have the 4th longest marriage of all time as records show only 3 definitely longer with 3 other marriages just quoted as "86 years" as there is no exact date known for the start of these 3 other marriages.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Planetist said:

Whenever I see this thread up, I'm worried for dear old Kane Tanaka. Looks like it will be soon...

From the Deathrace masterlist! Happy birthday and all that but a few people Kane wait for the big day!

Kane Tanaka – di, f6*,gr, mp, p6*, sk, to 

First person to turn 119 in 23 years! Amazing achievement for Kane Tanaka

• Like 6

15 hours ago, arghton said:

The validated top 10 currently, with health notes:

Kane Tanaka, 119: Critically ill, has a permanent nasal cannula. Previous health issues include surviving parathypoid fever in the 1930s, pancreatic cancer in the 1940s and colorectal cancer in the 2000s. 

Lucile Randon, 117: Current condition unknown, has previously survived a mystery disease that killed her sister in 1905, heart attack and carotid artery surgery in 1995 at 91, covid in january 2021 at 116. Wheelchair-bound for around 9 years?

Antonia da Santa Cruz, 116: Current condition unknown, looked frail and thin in mid-2021.

Tekla Juniewicz, 115: Seems to have been bedbound on her 112th birthday, survived "serious illness" at 113. Not that frail-looking currently.

Thelma Sutcliffe, 115: Looks frailish but reportedly in good health.

Valentine Ligny, 115: Hospitalised shortly before her 110th due to a fall, suffered one in december 2020. Not seen in a while and I'm not sure if there's been a new picture of her anywhere in a year.

Yoshi Otsunari, 115: Formerly known as Anonymous of Fukuoka. Condition unknown, seems like there aren't photos of her anywhere.

Maria Branyas Morera, 114: Survived covid in april 2020, seems to be in great condition.

Casilda Benegas, 114: Survived covid in december 2020. Frailish.

Fusa Tatsumi, 114: In a wheelchair for over 13 years, ultrafrail for years, bedbound on her 114th birthday in april 2021. Would be suprised if she makes it to 115. 

Riveting stuff. 

They could literally keel over at any second because they are fucking ancient. That would’ve been plenty info…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Riveting stuff. 

They could literally keel over at any second because they are fucking ancient. That would’ve been plenty info…

True, I would say that Sutcliffe or Branyas Morera will be the WOP one day but you never know, both could drop dead next week.

However there are ones like Tatsumi, who looked like this in april:

fusatatsumi.png.7901b657b27a9fcd0a2c9d94e3df63d1.png

Is she even alive in this picture? Looking forward to the 115th birthday pictures if she makes it that far, impressive how some folks like this keep going

• Like 1

16 hours ago, arghton said:

Valentine Ligny, 115: Hospitalised shortly before her 110th due to a fall, suffered one in december 2020. Not seen in a while and I'm not sure if there's been a new picture of her anywhere in a year

last photo I found of her is from January 2021 and she looked quite frailer than usual. Still in better shape than some of the others people mentioned here though 

VLignyJan2021.jpg

on the left on the second photo

135722050_1539805366205361_6996157191559706622_n.jpg

edit : other potential photo from her 115 birthday on October 2021, she wore the same dress so wouldn't be surprised if this is a recent picture but the source doesn't say 

FCTP3bfXICA56Ht.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Also, Tanaka unable to speak now according to some sources 

Can you link sources?

• Like 1

Kane's birthday party has been cancelled and it was scheduled until last week. The reason is the one you all know.

They run out of coke.

EDIT: if she survives until 6 January it will be 100 years since her marriage.

• Shocked 4

14 minutes ago, drol said:

Kane's birthday party has been cancelled and it was scheduled until last week. The reason is the one you all know.

They run out of coke.

EDIT: if she survives until 6 January it will be 100 years since her marriage.

I am sure Tanaka will make it to 6 January