Mr Stats

World's Oldest

In spite of his high age, rather unexpected. But then at that age, anything can happen. Sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've read his daughter died some days ago. If so Stanislaw probably died of a broken heart.

• Sad 7

27 minutes ago, drol said:

I've read his daughter died some days ago. If so Stanislaw probably died of a broken heart.

Wouldn’t shock me. At such ages, mental is a key factor of longevity and if his daughter just died, maybe he let himself slip away 

• Sad 1

Kane Tanaka became the second oldest person ever! (Taking into account leap years)

• Like 3

On 05/04/2022 at 23:21, maryportfuncity said:

Well...

I saw an episode of Steptoe and Son once in which old Albert successfully went the full drag to pose as his dead wife and ensure he could collect her pension too. I found it very convincing. Though - thinking about it - Calman's daughter posing as her dead mum maybe has sitcom gold written all over it. I'd approach Channel 4, if they had a future!

New York man caught impersonating his dead mother 

A man wore wigs, make-up and dresses to impersonate his dead mother so he could collect $145,000 worth of government payments.

https://youtu.be/HbvT2MZ_hu8

11 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Kane Tanaka became the second oldest person ever! (Taking into account leap years)

Aaahh.. and now she goes into the three mystery years that Jeanne Calment had above every other human being.

Oh yeah, and just to totally jinx it... presumably nobody ever died at age 120.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

New York man caught impersonating his dead mother 

A man wore wigs, make-up and dresses to impersonate his dead mother so he could collect $145,000 worth of government payments.

https://youtu.be/HbvT2MZ_hu8

Honestly, that is so-o-o-o Norman Bates!

• Haha 1

Great news for Kane, bless her.

Also, she’s 1,164 days away from surpassing the record of Jeanne Calment (14th June 2025). I’m gonna make an advent calendar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Great news for Kane, bless her.

Also, she’s 1,164 days away from surpassing the record of Jeanne Calment (14th June 2025). I’m gonna make an advent calendar.

What will the longevity fans do if she surpasses Calment? Oh yeah, start counting the days she lived AFTER the milestones.

• Like 1

Photos from Benegas' 115th birthday.

with her eldest daughter (b. 1934)13925_e247db918374888fc29c4c5fa4f2003d.p

13925_77dd2fb8599de0ce030384f32f8c23da.p

13925_d3079b7826e2507463e8c5a957617ef9.p

• Like 3

As it's past midnight in Japan, I think we can almost say that Kane Tanaka has surpassed Sarah Knauss. 

Tanaka and Randon seem to be the "Calment and Knauss of the 2020s", no matter what age they'll reach, they're major outliers. Interesting times, half of the four oldest people ever currently living. 

Male supercentenarians haven't done that well recently - it's been over a decade* since the last time a male supercentenarian reached 114.

There was a large group of men born in 1909 at the start of last year, now there's two. Could be that male supercentenarians in many cases decline faster or die more "suddenly" around 111 and 112 with some exceptions. Might take a long time for a man to reach 117

*Jiroemon Kimura, 19th of April 2011: Not counting Gustav Gerneth who seems to be disputed now because his family never sent the GRG documents that would've verified his age. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hanzem said:

Photos from Benegas' 115th birthday.

with her eldest daughter (b. 1934)13925_e247db918374888fc29c4c5fa4f2003d.p

13925_77dd2fb8599de0ce030384f32f8c23da.p

13925_d3079b7826e2507463e8c5a957617ef9.p

Looks like she wants to kill everyone in the room.

• Haha 8

14 hours ago, arghton said:

As it's past midnight in Japan, I think we can almost say that Kane Tanaka has surpassed Sarah Knauss.

Kane Tanaka "confirmed alive" at 119y and 98 days by this twitter account owned by her family, now the second-oldest person ever. No new pictures which is usually always a bad sign, but still wants to live to 120.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

I know it's become a bit of a meme on here the past week, but someone actually passing Sarah Knauss's seemingly unsurpassable longevity spot for 2nd place is... quite exciting tbh. It's not "Oh look someone is now in the top 20 oldest in the world" train spotting, it's the top 2 verified spots of all time, which have stood untouchable since I was barely a teen. Tanaka (and to be fair, Lucille Randon too, though she has a bit of catching up to do) are considerable outliers and you may not see someone catch their "records" for another 20-25 years.

• Like 6

Whatever the records are in a field as I take active interest in it, feels all the more "canonical", almost as if they were always the records. Like how I didn't start watching Jeopardy until years after the Ken Jennings run. I took an active interest in the world's oldest people in 2006, so it really is surreal to see Knauss finally overtaken. All the moreso given IIRC in the early 2010s the world's oldest people weren't even getting to 115!

• Like 3

With these super old people, I'm always interested in who were alive at the same time as them. Looking at wikipedia I noticed that Alois Hitler (Adolf's daddy) died a day after Kane Tanaka was born!

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

On 10/04/2022 at 00:07, arghton said:

Tanaka and Randon seem to be the "Calment and Knauss of the 2020s", no matter what age they'll reach, they're major outliers. Interesting times, half of the four oldest people ever currently living. 

I don't think they are even now fully comparable with Calment and Knauss.

I mean, Kane Tanaka has almost exactly the same age with Sarah Knauss, while she is more than 3 years younger than Calment. So she is not (for now) the "Calment of 2020s", and probably not even "Knauss of 2020s", if you compare ages of the top 10 oldest in 1999 vs ages of the top 10 oldest in 2022, life expectancy in 1999 vs life expectancy in 2022 etc.

I hope she doesn't pass right after this milestone. If she lives to at least 119 1/2, I think that would be good.

• Confused 2

On 09/08/2021 at 15:01, arghton said:

Updated (9.8.2021) list of the eight remaining subjects of Edward VII (1841-1910, ruled 1901-1910)

Cecile Klein (June 15, 1907 - January 13, 2022) Canada
Mollie Walker (February 5, 1909 - January 22, 2022) United Kingdom

-. Koko Hume Lepota (March 16, 1909 - in limbo since 2019) South Africa
-. Eslin Mulgrave-Collins (April 2, 1909 - 15 February 2021) Jamaica
1. Ethel Caterham (August 21, 1909 - present) United Kingdom
2. Rose Eaton (August 23, 1909 - present) United Kingdom
Rosalie Wolpe (August 25, 1909 - December 30, 2021) South Africa
3. Yvonne Delorme-Martel (October 21, 1909 - present) Canada

Last subject of Queen Victoria (1819-1901, ruled 1837-1901) was Violet Brown (1900-2017)

Updated.

Eslin Mulgrave-Collins died unnoticed in February 2021 at the age of 111 according to facebook posts and 110club.

Only three or four of Edward VII's subjects left. Probably three, as Koko Hume Lepota apparently hasn't been confirmed alive during the last three years.

• Thanks 1

I am just 27 years old now. If I live for around 90 years more , probably people will discuss about me here ! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GMsohum said:

I am just 27 years old now. If I live for around 90 years more , probably people will discuss about me here ! :)

And I'm going to have a threesome with the Minogue sisters.

• Haha 1