Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Picture of Kane Tanaka (from last month?), posted on the twitter account tanakakane0102 by her family today:

kanetanaka__01.thumb.jpg.40797b6f71c2286f310a225ef429e5a9.jpg

Apparently she's been in and out of hospital recently with fever ("hospitalised and discharged repeatedly") and isn't currently in good condition but has a good appetite, "eats chocolate and drinks Coca-Cola and Oronamin C".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Doesn’t look bad, but the comments are not that good. She’s a true immortal at this point, recovering at 119 is quite a miracle 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, arghton said:

"eats chocolate and drinks Coca-Cola and Oronamin C".

Oh nice, I'm already a solid two-out-of-three.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 28/02/2022 at 08:44, Gisooo said:

As far as I know Zenepe Pirani (Wiki) is the oldest in my state.

Ka pirë gjithë jetën aspirina, vaksinohet në Shkodër gruaja 111-vjeçare -  E-TJERA

Zenepe Pirani reportedly died on March 30 last but there is also the hypothesis that she died in July 2021, 3 months after receiving her vaccine. However one thing is known that she is no longer alive

https://globalsupercentenarianforum.com/index.php/community/limbo110/zenepe-pirani-1910-2022/

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

Flarid Lagerlund, oldest person in Sweden and the Nordic countries dead at 112:

https://www.familjesidan.se/cases/3c2e8075-59a9-48ec-a9af-33b568b5237a/funeral-notices

Oldest person in the Nordic countries is now Finnish supercentenarian Astrid Qvist, two years younger, who is also currently the only Nordic supercentenarian. Oldest Swedish person is now 109-year-old Gunborg Hancock, who will be 110 in five days.

The oldest Finnish person is a Swedish-speaking Finn, while the oldest Swede was born in Finland but fled to Sweden in her 30s, during the continuation war in 1944.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Current TOP 10

1) Kane Tanaka               119:104

2) Lucile Randon             118:064

3) Tekla Juniewicz          115:310

4) Maria Branyas Morera115:043

5) Casilda Benegas          115:008

6) Fusa Tatsumi                114:356

7) Anonymous of Hyogo   114:352

8) Sofia Rojas                    114:246

9) Bessie Hendricks         114:160

10) Mila Mangold              114:153

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 09/08/2021 at 15:01, arghton said:

Updated (9.8.2021) list of the eight remaining subjects of Edward VII (1841-1910, ruled 1901-1910)

Cecile Klein (June 15, 1907 - January 13, 2022) Canada
Mollie Walker (February 5, 1909 - January 22, 2022) United Kingdom

-. Koko Hume Lepota (March 16, 1909 - in limbo since 2019) South Africa
-. Eslin Mulgrave-Collins (April 2, 1909 - 15 February 2021) Jamaica
1. Ethel Caterham (August 21, 1909 - present) United Kingdom
2. Rose Eaton (August 23, 1909 - present) United Kingdom
Rosalie Wolpe (August 25, 1909 - December 30, 2021) South Africa
3. Yvonne Delorme-Martel (October 21, 1909 - April 7, 2022) Canada

Last subject of Queen Victoria (1819-1901, ruled 1837-1901) was Violet Brown (1900-2017)

Yvonne Delorme-Martel, second-oldest person in Canada dead at 112: https://www.steveelkas.com/avisdeces/mme-yvonne-delorme-martel/

Shige Mineshiba is now the last Canadian born before 1910. She's had dementia for around 12 years.

Two or three subjects of Edward VII remain depending on if Koko Hume Lepota is still alive.

Also mentioning that none of Kane Tanaka's children are alive. Interesting compared to for example Nabi Tajima, whose children were (nearly?) all alive at the time of her death.

Adopted daughter (ca. 1922-1945)

Nobuo Tanaka (1925-2005)

Etsuko Tanaka (1928-1929) 

Tsuneo Tanaka (1930-2017)

Kazuko Tanaka (1946-1947)

Also,

Not sure if anyone is interested about this, but Guinness World Records has named the world's oldest (verifiable) dog:

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2022/4/worlds-oldest-dog-confirmed-as-21-year-old-chihuahua-tobykeith-698527

tobykeith.png.5de319ee7468370409e2500cb8ad980b.png

TobyKeith, Chihuahua, born on/around the 9th of January 2001.

Mainichi.jp saying that Kane Tanaka has died at the age of 119...

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20220425/k00/00m/040/103000c

Edit: Seems true. Rest in Peace. 

She died on the 19th at a hospital according to the article, aged 119 years and 107 days. (Or a few days more if she was born on the 26th of December 1902 as her family said)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 13

Awww sad, as sad as the death of a 119 year old person can be.

• Like 5

She lived a long and beautiful life, I hope that our lives and the lives of our loved ones will have her fate

RIP Kane Tanaka (1903 - 2022)

• Like 2

Respect, but personally I would never want to live to be 119.

21 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

She lived a long and beautiful life, I hope that our lives and the lives of our loved ones will have her fate

RIP Kane Tanaka (1903 - 2022)

I don't know about that. Though Kane seems to have been happy and at least had some quality of life towards the end, living in a cold nursing home/hospital room and requiring caregivers to help feed and bathe you and wipe your arse is not a situation I would want to be in and I certainly wouldn't wish it on my loved ones either, just saying.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Book said:

Respect, but personally I would never want to live to be 119.

Ask me again when I'm 118! :D

It's all about quality of life but more importantly enjoyment of life, and by all accounts, including her own, Kane Tanaka enjoyed the most of hers till the end. RIP. 

All of these longevity cases seem to cite chocolate, fizzy drinks and exercise as the key. I'm already great at two of those!

• Like 4

Has anyone checked to see if Hanzem is ok?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, msc said:

Ask me again when I'm 118! :D

Ok, I put a reminder in my calendar :lol:

Some observations, thoughts on the current oldest people, born in and before 1908:

1904 - 1:

Lucile Randon: Honestly, I'd say that she's in a better condition at 118 than Tanaka was. Slightly after 118 Tanaka fell ill and needed a nasal cannula for the rest of her life. On the other hand, Lucile has quite a long road to Tanaka's age.

1906 - 1:

Tekla Juniewicz: Survived some sort of a serious illness a few years ago. Not in a wheelchair and seems to be pretty great condition judging on recent pictures. However she isn't "even" 116 yet. 

1907 - 11, more or less

Maria Branyas Morera: See above, also over half a year younger than Juniewicz.

Casilda Benegas: See Morera and Juniewicz. Seems to be doing okay.

Wang Zhanwen: Claims to be the oldest person in China. Probably impossible to verify.

Fusa Tatsumi: Japan's new oldest person, 115 today. Never thought she'd reach 115, incredibly frail and wheelchairbound probably since around age 100.

Anonymous of Hyogo: Nothing is known about her, but she'll be 115 on the 29th of April.

Francisca Joana da Conceicao: Unverified and could be a claimant, but also very very frail.  Limbo

Sofia Rojas: Wheelchairbound, but can still walk a bit.

Xu Senzhen: Wheelchairbound Chinese supercentenarian who seems to be in declining health.

Bessie Hendricks: Oldest person from the US. 

Mila Mangold: Second-oldest person from the US. Seems to be quite frail.

Irene Dunham: Third-oldest person from the US.

Maria ana da Silva: Unvalidated Brazilian supercentenarian

1908 - 14, more or less:

Matsu Gaja: Her exact birth date isn't apparently known.

Edie Ceccarelli: US SC who can still walk with the help of a walker. However she has suffered from dementia for multiple years.

Kahoru Furuya: Oldest person ever with a pacemaker!

Margarida Blanco: Brazilian who claims to have been dead for two hours once. I don't believe her. 

Erna Zahn: US supercentenarian who is now in a wheelchair.

Ai Suganoya: Went into limbo for two years, but was recently confirmed alive at nearly 114.

Inah Canabarro Lucas: World's second-oldest nun.

Hazel Plummer: American late-stage Zsa Zsa Gabor lookalike

Kimiko Ono: Probably not Yoko's long-lost aunt. Was wheelchairbound in 2020.

Dominga Coca Garcia: Survived a hospitalisation due to a fractured hip at 110 and somehow even recovered.

Barbara Barton: Another medical miracle who survived some sort of a "medical event" (stroke?) that affected her memory at 110 but is still alive and doing well at 113.

Matilde Pinto Gil: Unvalidated Colombian supercentenarian. Frail.

L. P.: The oldest Austrian ever. Name not known and there's only one picture of her on the internet. 

Anonymous of Tokyo: Nobody knows. Real name was Fumi Hoshino.

Josefine Ollman: Oldest person in Germany

Hide Hamabe: Frail, hasn't been seen since Sept 2020. 

The 1907 cohort seems very strong currently, I'm betting atleast one of those 11 will get to 117. 

Lots of impressive health histories there, but these old folks can be quite strong. Iris Estay (1907/1910-2021) who died in November survived a total of SIX strokes before dying of a seventh one, five of those six strokes she had and survived after reaching 100. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RIP. Nice that she was able to reach her final remaining realistic milestones, and that Lucile Randon has lasted long enough to become world's oldest after all that time at #2!

• Like 5

RIP Kane Tanaka (1903-2022), 2nd oldest person ever.

• Like 5

@arghton There is also Matsu Gaja, OLP of Okinawa since March 2021 (b. February 1908).

• Like 1

damn, people on the 110 club forum are so dramatic : I red someone saying "I'll try to move on from her death" and someone else saying "It hurts me so much I'll try to heal". As sad as it is, this is too much isn't it ? the lady was 119 and had a wonderful life, that's cool enough !

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Fusa Tatsumi: Japan's new oldest person, 115 today. Never thought she'd reach 115, incredibly frail and wheelchairbound probably since around age 100.

Report from today says that she's bedridden and "can't talk much", but nodded when someone said that she's the oldest person in Japan now.

fusatatsumi.png.8f7bcce4451b1739a97b4b275274ec20.png

Apparently this is a new picture, looks a bit better than she did last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

damn, people on the 110 club forum are so dramatic : I red someone saying "I'll try to move on from her death" and someone else saying "It hurts me so much I'll try to heal". As sad as it is, this is too much isn't it ? the lady was 119 and had a wonderful life, that's cool enough !

No, no, no, no, no, this can't be, no, no, no, tell me it's not true, that I'm dreaming.

I wanted to fool myself and make myself believe that I was dreaming, I slapped myself and apparently it's real...

Rest in peace Kane Tanaka... We agree she was an amazing supercentenarian... she exceeded all our expectations... I am truly in shock and on the verge of tears... I am at a loss for words at this point. ..

Pictures of Kane Tanaka are now running through my mind... my thoughts are with Kane Tanaka...

:facepalm:The most worrying thing is they are likely young people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4