Mr Stats

World's Oldest

6 minutes ago, drol said:

No, no, no, no, no, this can't be, no, no, no, tell me it's not true, that I'm dreaming.

I wanted to fool myself and make myself believe that I was dreaming, I slapped myself and apparently it's real...

Rest in peace Kane Tanaka... We agree she was an amazing supercentenarian... she exceeded all our expectations... I am truly in shock and on the verge of tears... I am at a loss for words at this point. ..

Pictures of Kane Tanaka are now running through my mind... my thoughts are with Kane Tanaka...

:facepalm:The most worrying thing is they are likely young people.

They’re ridiculously scary ahah ! I’ve seen one user making cakes and National-themed meal each time a super centenarian celebrates his/her bday so… every two days ! So weird 

6 hours ago, arghton said:

Some observations, thoughts on the current oldest people, born in and before 1908:

1904 - 1:

Lucile Randon: Honestly, I'd say that she's in a better condition at 118 than Tanaka was. Slightly after 118 Tanaka fell ill and needed a nasal cannula for the rest of her life. On the other hand, Lucile has quite a long road to Tanaka's age.

1906 - 1:

Tekla Juniewicz: Survived some sort of a serious illness a few years ago. Not in a wheelchair and seems to be pretty great condition judging on recent pictures. However she isn't "even" 116 yet. 

1907 - 11, more or less

Maria Branyas Morera: See above, also over half a year younger than Juniewicz.

Casilda Benegas: See Morera and Juniewicz. Seems to be doing okay.

Wang Zhanwen: Claims to be the oldest person in China. Probably impossible to verify.

Fusa Tatsumi: Japan's new oldest person, 115 today. Never thought she'd reach 115, incredibly frail and wheelchairbound probably since around age 100.

Anonymous of Hyogo: Nothing is known about her, but she'll be 115 on the 29th of April.

Francisca Joana da Conceicao: Unverified and could be a claimant, but also very very frail. 

Sofia Rojas: Wheelchairbound, but can still walk a bit.

Xu Senzhen: Wheelchairbound Chinese supercentenarian who seems to be in declining health.

Bessie Hendricks: Oldest person from the US. 

Mila Mangold: Second-oldest person from the US. Seems to be quite frail.

Irene Dunham: Third-oldest person from the US.

Maria ana da Silva: Unvalidated Brazilian supercentenarian

1908 - 14, more or less:

Matsu Gaja: Her exact birth date isn't apparently known.

Edie Ceccarelli: US SC who can still walk with the help of a walker.

Kahoru Furuya: Oldest person ever with a pacemaker!

Margarida Blanco: Brazilian who claims to have been dead for two hours once. I don't believe her. 

Erna Zahn: US supercentenarian who is now in a wheelchair.

Ai Suganoya: Went into limbo for two years, but was recently confirmed alive at nearly 114.

Inah Canabarro Lucas: World's second-oldest nun.

Hazel Plummer: American late-stage Zsa Zsa Gabor lookalike

Kimiko Ono: Probably not Yoko's long-lost aunt. Was wheelchairbound in 2020.

Dominga Coca Garcia: Survived a hospitalisation due to a fractured hip at 110 and somehow even recovered.

Barbara Barton: Another medical miracle who survived some sort of a "medical event" (stroke?) that affected her memory at 110 but is still alive and doing well at 113.

Matilde Pinto Gil: Unvalidated Colombian supercentenarian. Frail.

L. P.: The oldest Austrian ever. Name not known and there's only one picture of her on the internet. 

Anonymous of Tokyo: Nobody knows. 

Josefine Ollman: Oldest person in Germany

Hide Hamabe: Frail, hasn't been seen since Sept 2020. 

The 1907 cohort seems very strong currently, I'm betting atleast one of those 11 will get to 117. 

Lots of impressive health histories there, but these old folks can be quite strong. Iris Estay (1907/1910-2021) who died in November survived a total of SIX strokes before dying of a seventh one, five of those six strokes she had and survived after reaching 100. 

Is Xe Senzhen verified? I havent seen any chinese Supercentenarian thats really verified yet. Might be interesting cuz we're approaching the time of the last living Chinese under the Chinese Empire, which would be all up till February of 1912.

• Like 2

RIP Kane Tanaka, gone too soon...

This thread is how I find out she died damn..

Honestly thought that she would beat Jeanne Clament…

RIP KANE TANAKA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sad news but I think it's fair to say in this case she'd had a good innings.

On 25/04/2022 at 18:51, roaming_comrade said:

Is Xe Senzhen verified? I havent seen any chinese Supercentenarian thats really verified yet. Might be interesting cuz we're approaching the time of the last living Chinese under the Chinese Empire, which would be all up till February of 1912.

Nope, not sure if any of the Chinese and Taiwanese supercentenarians can be verified. According to the South China Morning Post, there was no reliable system for certifying most births until after the Communist Party took power in 1949.

There's also way too much BS cases like Zhang Meiyu ("1905"-), Zhu Zhengshi ("1900"-2022) and the late Alimihan Seyiti ("1886"-2021)

It's a bit sad, as China could well have some 114+ folks as it reportedly made up circa 24% of the world's population in 1907.

110club users seem to consider, out of the living ones , Wu Zhicheng (1910-), Shen Guangyuan (1911-2022) and Yang Longsheng (1910-2022) people whose age could likely be true. Especially Guangyuan, he is a somewhat famous educator in Chongming district and his life is apparently very well documented.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

They’re ridiculously scary ahah ! I’ve seen one user making cakes and National-themed meal each time a super centenarian celebrates his/her bday so… every two days ! So weird 

I mean at least they have a rich and varied diet?

• Haha 1

RIP kane Tanaka it's been fun watching you become the 2nd oldest ever.

• Like 1

Another gem found on the 110 club : « With Kane Tanaka's death it's like a part of me from these 4 years goes with her... And I feel like there's no point in going on anymore. . »

When people commited suicide when M Jackson died I remember feeling like it was a bit ridiculous but If someone commit suicide for Tanaka, it would be on top of everything 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, arghton said:

Report from today says that she's bedridden and "can't talk much", but nodded when someone said that she's the oldest person in Japan now.

fusatatsumi.png.8f7bcce4451b1739a97b4b275274ec20.png

Apparently this is a new picture, looks a bit better than she did last year.

I can safely say she won't be troubling Tanaka in the longevity stakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arsewipe said:

I can safely say she won't be troubling Tanaka in the longevity stakes.

I looked at the picture and I 100% agreed with you because she’s in a special wheel chair but I looked at it again. She honestly looks great for her age which she just turned 115 today. But I looked up a picture Of Tanaka at 115 and she honestly looks worse then Fusa I get the argument that Tanaka was still moving at 115 and Fusa wasn’t but we look at health looks and ability mainly here. Tanaka has the health category but Fusa looks better in the looks and ability category. Lets just say that there was a 100 year old with Cancer and a 30 year old with it the 30 year old has the ability and looks but the 100 year old has the health one for living so much longer and is more “immune” to it due to her age yes I know she will have a bigger probability from dying from it but as you get older natural causes and heart failures are much more common while cancer and non natural deaths are more common in 30 year old’s it depends on the person and how much they believe in it. 

My honest guess is that she will live intl 117 or 18.

Happy Birthday To Fusa Tastumsi!

Edited by Insane
Forgot to add something
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Insane said:

I looked at the picture and I 100% agreed with you because she’s in a special wheel chair but I looked at it again. She honestly looks great for her age which she just turned 115 today. But I looked up a picture Of Tanaka at 115 and she honestly looks worse then Fusa I get the argument that Tanaka was still moving at 115 and Fusa wasn’t but we look at health looks and ability mainly here. Tanaka has the health category but Fusa looks better in the looks and ability category. Lets just say that there was a 100 year old with Cancer and a 30 year old with it the 30 year old has the ability and looks but the 100 year old has the health one for living so much longer and is more “immune” to it due to her age yes I know she will have a bigger probability from dying from it but as you get older natural causes and heart failures are much more common while cancer and non natural deaths are more common in 30 year old’s it depends on the person and how much they believe in it. 

My honest guess is that she will live intl 117 or 18.

Happy Birthday To Fusa Tastumsi!

To put this in short for anyone confused I guess she has like a 5-10% chance of reaching 119

• Confused 1

My opinion is that Fusa Tatsumi looks frailer than how Kane Tanaka looked at 115, but she probably looks better than Nabi Tajima.

Since 2017 the WOLP was from Japan (Nabi Tajima, Chiyo Miyako, Kane Tanaka). Now we have a French WOLP.

I wonder when could a Japanese person take this title again...

Apparently there are quite a lot non-Japanese strong possible future candidates (Juniewicz, Morera, Benegas, Rojas, Ceccarelli ), while the Japanese 114+ supercentenarians seem very frail or their status is unknown (not a good sign). Of course we have seen frail supercentenarians from Japan getting the WOLP title, but I think that still a stronger supercentenarian has better chances.

For a brief moment, Tanaka was the newest dead person.

30 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

For a brief moment, Tanaka was the newest dead person.

What point are you trying to make? This is as pointless of a statement as announcing that you need to go to the bathroom on the forums. 

New interview of Lucile Randon about her new title of WOP : she looks and sounds really fine, still incredibly lucid for her age ! The video tells that she not only survived one but two covid infections in one year ! 

• Like 4

If she was born in January 1903, that’s the same month as my Grandfather. Put in perspective he was a coal miner and died back in April 1982 aged 79 so she had 40 more years in her. 

Amazing really. 

13 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

If she was born in January 1903, that’s the same month as my Grandfather. Put in perspective he was a coal miner and died back in April 1982 aged 79 so she had 40 more years in her. 

Amazing really. 

There is a possibility that she was born in December 1902 according to the biography book written by her son when she was 107.

Lucile Randon seems frailer now, but it's great that she can still give interviews with such lucidity at 118+.

8 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Lucile Randon seems frailer now, but it's great that she can still give interviews with such lucidity at 118+.

She did survive COVID so I think she might beat Tanaka 

• Like 1