Mr Stats

World's Oldest

How true is this video ? Considering Juan Vicente Mora is 113 and the oldest man known, I guess it’s false

https://youtu.be/ed62pXcxnxA

Find this article about the Guinness having certified the combined age of the 12 siblings were 1057 years old but it mentions that the oldest is « only » 98…

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

How true is this video ? Considering Juan Vicente Mora is 113 and the oldest man known, I guess it’s false

https://youtu.be/ed62pXcxnxA

Find this article about the Guinness having certified the combined age of the 12 siblings were 1057 years old but it mentions that the oldest is « only » 98…

Surely as fake as the photos & articles about an Indian couple in 2018 who celebrated their 100th (Osmium!) wedding anniversary. The husband was 100 at the time & his wife was 122. The only thing that seemed to be factually accurate was that in one report it stated that the 90th wedding anniversary name was apparently granite which I did find later on various lists.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Watcher said:

Surely as fake as the photos & articles about an Indian couple in 2018 who celebrated their 100th (Osmium!) wedding anniversary. The husband was 100 at the time & his wife was 122. The only thing that seemed to be factually accurate was that in one report it stated that the 90th wedding anniversary name was apparently granite which I did find later on various lists.

Found this 100% accurate video of them while they meet some competitors of Pékin Express France. No way this is fake : the woman is clearly 126 and her husband 115. Don’t know how they could be lying honestly !

On another hand, I don’t understand how such famous and reliable sources as ParisMatch and M6 (which broadcast Pekin Express and is watched by thousands if not hundred of thousand of people daily) can rely such craps…

• Like 1

Considering the title of the Oldest Living Man has stayed at relatively low ages during the last years, Juan Vicente Mora is doing better while he also comes from an unusual country. He has surpassed by a quite wide margin the ages of his 4 predecessors (Chitetsu Watanabe, Bob Weighton, Emilio Flores Marquez, Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia). He is also the 15th oldest validated man ever.

• Like 1

Interesting how the currently living over 112-year-old men are almost all from South/Middle American countries (ones listed on the Gerontology Wiki's page).

Venezuela, Colombia, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, China, China.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Married at birth? There must be some sort of law against that. 

Should have put the husband was 120!! Apologies so he was about 20 when bridegroom & bride was 22. Photos look realistic so clever photoshop or an amazing event which Guinness & Ripley refuse to acknowledge. The Chand's 90th wedding anniversary is also ignored except on Wiki despite regular newspaper reports from Bradford over their lives. Incidentally I have found a death notice for at least one of the Indian couple only months after the 100th anniversary.

Edited by The Watcher
  • Like 2

Australia's oldest man Frank Mawer dead at 110, apparently few weeks after contracting COVID.

• Like 6

On 18/09/2022 at 12:07, Lafaucheuse said:

Wonder if Rucile Landon will reach 119 in 5 months

If she makes it, all 4 validated people who reached 118 would have also reached 119.

Kaoru Kobayashi (born 18 January 1909) and Katsumi Ando (born 2 February 1909) are now in limbo.

• Shocked 1

Current TOP 10

1) Lucile Randon               118:221

2) Maria Branyas Morera 115:200

3) Fusa Tatsumi                115:149

4) Bessie Hendricks          114:317

5) Eddie Ceccarelli             114:227

6) Kahoru Furuya               114:215

7) Tomiko Itooka                114:121

8) Inah Canabarro Lucas  114:104

9) Hazel Plummer              114:093

10) Kimiko Ono                  114:093

• Like 2

On 18/01/2022 at 19:19, arghton said:

Giles Cropsey (4 September 1911-) US, California. Has "beginning dementia"

Giles Cropsey, third or second-oldest man in the US, dead at 111.

• Like 4

An anonymous Limbo case of 1908 has been confirmed to be alive after more than one year, according to R. Young. 

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She looks great ! 

I would say good rather than great.Really good to see her outside and looking good after her recent health scare.

• Like 2

I think that she looks better than Kane Tanaka at the same age. Also she is seemingly having a very slow and small decline which is a good sign.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

I think that she looks better than Kane Tanaka at the same age. Also she is seemingly having a very slow and small decline which is a good sign.

I would agree with that assessment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hanzem said:

An anonymous Limbo case of 1908 has been confirmed to be alive after more than one year, according to R. Young. 

Do we know the date of birth for said anonymous case?

• Like 2

On 24/09/2022 at 00:43, Sean said:

Do we know the date of birth for said anonymous case?

There was an indirect hint that it is Yasue Okai (born 25 November 1908, in limbo since February 2021).

• Like 1

Regarding all those cases that are in limbo and also in general:

Does anyone have a broad map/list of information for when each Country/Region of the World got reliable birth certificates?
Would like to know when we can expect Supercentenarians from most of East and South Asia or Africa to appear on our lists.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Ethel Caterham is 113:043 and Rose Eaton is 113:041. They are the oldest living persons in UK since 2018 (Olive Boar) and quite nice. I wonder if at least one of them could achieve reaching 114.

UK has slightly underperformed during the last years in extreme longevity.

• Like 2