Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Quelle vie! RIP Lucille

• Like 2

First person to die at 118

Damn, I hoped she would make 119. It was a nice little fact that everyone before her who made it to 118 (all three) also made it to 119.

And the oldest living person in the world is now Maria Branyas Morera, born on 4 March 1907.

• Like 1

So the top 10 list of world's oldest people becomes pretty boring once again.

One point of interest – the world's new oldest living person, María Branyas Morera (b. 4 Mar 1907) will turn 116 in just 1.5 months, and if she sees 116 years, 48 days, she will become the oldest Spaniard ever.

Significant drop in age now. RIP Lucille 

• Like 1

RIP Lucile Randon, as aforementioned the first person to die aged 118. Was thinking she might make it to 119, but anything can happen at that age. Still, she had good innings to get to 118, not only that but survive 27/28 years following a heart attack at the age of 91(!)

• Like 2

She wanted to die years ago she said .

This death feels significant.

When I joined this forum in 2008 there were plenty of people around who were born in 1907 (the birth year of the new oldest living person).

• Like 5

Updated Top 10?

They will need to speed up verification if people continue to drop.

Sad news. 

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This death feels significant.

When I joined this forum in 2008 there were plenty of people around who were born in 1907 (the birth year of the new oldest living person).

Now there is only two - Maria Morera and Fusa Tatsumi. 

Ethel Caterham is now the second oldest women in Europe behind Morera and the oldest Brit is now older than the oldest French person. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Lucille Randon dead at 118, 2 weeks before turning 119.

9F35A41D-4DAA-476C-BAC4-C1A17CC53016.jpeg

Ironically I didn’t find out she died due to here this time I actually found out while I was reading on the oldest people wiki and I found out she died and my reaction was “wtf she died?”

Rest in Peace Lucile Randon.

9 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Updated Top 10?

They will need to speed up verification if people continue to drop.

Newcomer is Ushi Makishi. 

1. Maria Branyas Morera

2. Fusa Tatsumi 

3. Edie Ceccarelli

4. Tomiko Itooka

5. Inah Canabarro Lucas

6. Hazel Plummer

7. Kimiko Ono

8. Yasue Okai

9. Nina Willis

10. Ushi Makishi

Not only is the oldest living person is 115, the top 10 now seems to be a particularly frail group: Tatsumi, Plummer, Okai and Willis are pretty much bedbound, Ceccarelli suffers from dementia, Makishi hasn't been seen in a while, MBS and Canabarro Lucas both as far as I know had some health scares in 2022 and while otherwise seemingly healthy Itooka survived a stroke and brain surgery at around 110. 

At #11, Shinobu Hayashi isn't validated atleast yet. Juan Vicente Perez Mora is at #13, we'll see if he makes it to the top ten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was she a DDP hit. She wasn’t selected last year but Kane Tanaka was a successful hit for many teams so I suspect some of them replaced Tanaka with her. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Oh no, RIP :( I can’t see anybody matching her and Kane Tanaka for a relatively long time. Gonna be hard to keep track as much when it doesn’t feel so… groundbreaking.

Also it’s sad that 1907 is the earliest anyone alive has lived through. I remember when the last person from the 1800s passed and that doesn’t feel too long ago

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arghton said:

Rest in Peace Lucile Randon.

Newcomer is Ushi Makishi. 

1. Maria Branyas Morera

2. Fusa Tatsumi 

3. Edie Ceccarelli

4. Tomiko Itooka

5. Inah Canabarro Lucas

6. Hazel Plummer

7. Kimiko Ono

8. Yasue Okai

9. Nina Willis

10. Ushi Makishi

Not only is the oldest living person is 115, the top 10 now seems to be a particularly frail group: Tatsumi, Plummer, Okai and Willis are pretty much bedbound, Ceccarelli suffers from dementia, Makishi hasn't been seen in a while, MBS and Canabarro Lucas both as far as I know had some health scares in 2022 and while otherwise seemingly healthy Itooka survived a stroke and brain surgery at around 110. 

At #11, Shinobu Hayashi isn't validated atleast yet. Juan Vicente Perez Mora is at #13, we'll see if he makes it to the top ten.

Are there any men besides Juan coming up to the top 10? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Insane said:

Are there any men besides Juan coming up to the top 10? 

Not really. There's around fourteen women between JVPM and the world's second-oldest man. (Colombian unvalidated Eusebio Quintero Lopez, who'll be 113 in March if still alive)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Was she a DDP hit. She wasn’t selected last year but Kane Tanaka was a successful hit for many teams so I suspect some of them replaced Tanaka with her. 

She was already on the DDP last year, actually, just listed as Soeur Andre rather than Lucile Randon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arghton said:

Not really. There's around fourteen women between JVPM and the world's second-oldest man.

What a Casanova this  fella

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

She wanted to die years ago she said .

Why? Had she met you?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, OneManJury said:

Why? Had she met you?

She said it in several interview since she was 114 or something like that. David Tavella the guy who worked at her nursing home also said that she died at 2am and that she wanted it, that she wanted to join her brother and that it was a relief for her apparently. 

8 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She said it in several interview since she was 114 or something like that. David Tavella the guy who worked at her nursing home also said that she died at 2am and that she wanted it, that she wanted to join her brother and that it was a relief for her apparently. 

Thank you for that.

• Like 1