Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Juan Vicente Perez Mora became the 10th oldest validated man ever.

• Like 5

On 16/09/2022 at 00:44, arghton said:

Hans Schornack, oldest man in Germany and Europe, (if he hasn't died very recently and it hasn't been announced yet) reached that goal this week and broke Mary Norris' record from twenty years ago. He's now the oldest person ever born on leap day. 

Hans Schornack, doyen of Germany and Europe and oldest person ever born on leap day, dead at 110 just a few days before his "111th birthday". Centenarians DP hit as far as I know. 

Europe's new doyen is French man Andre Ludwig, seemingly completely blind and broke his femur a few years ago. Europe only has six men supercentenarians currently - French guys Andre Ludwig and Pierre Pineau, Italians Tripolino Giannini and Salvatore Nardi, Britain's John Tinniswood and Spanish painter Luis Torras Martinez. Germany's new oldest man is Karlheinz Stauber, only 108.

The South/Middle Americans seem to dominate the Oldest Living Men list currently, there's five of them over 112 and that's 5/7 of the men aged 112+. Not a lot of people from Asia there now - excluding likely fraudsters (for example a certain marathon runner) only four Japanese men, two Chinese (Yang Longsheng and extremely frail Shi Ping) and Tajikistani guy Rashid Karimov. 

• Like 6

On 04/03/2023 at 20:02, Hanzem said:

Maria Branyas Morera turned 116.

María Branyas Morera, on the day of her birthday:

1049592622_marabranyasmorera01.jpg.d4f70e68b291516fea787ddaf1a3939d.jpg

534551064_marabranyasmorera02.jpg.358f7b03eddf41bb08360ca22ae9bd5b.jpg

1434469406_marabranyasmorera03.jpg.4228e3059c3a0aa9fdb817a28b13df69.jpg

• Like 7

She looks like a 90 year old.  She may last a while.

• Like 5

On 15/05/2022 at 23:07, alt obits guy said:

Johanna Mazibuko dead at 128 and straight to QO.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, drol said:

Johanna Mazibuko dead at 128 and straight to QO.

Surely that age isn't true considering the gap between her apparent age and that of Calment (who I'm personally not convinced was born when she says she was), Kane Tanaka (at least we can trust Japanese records), or anyone else in that 115 to 119 window that have extensive documentation...

Just now, Comped said:

Surely that age isn't true considering the gap between her apparent age and that of Calment (who I'm personally not convinced was born when she says she was), Kane Tanaka (at least we can trust Japanese records), or anyone else in that 115 to 119 window that have extensive documentation...

No shit sherlock.

• Like 2

Not the first longevity claim to get a QO in recent years...there's been atleast Tanzilya Bisembeyeva and Koku Istambulova in 2019, Fotima Mirzokulova in 2020, Francisca Susano, Almihan Seyiti and Natabay Tinsiew in 2021?

Here's an updated list of the "prominent" age fraudsters who could/(some will) obit, 108+ - I've only included those who are definitely still alive:

Ese Gebelek, "128": Claims to have 400 grandchildren. Now dead.

Swami Sivananda, "126": Padma Shri recipient and yoga guy. By far the oldest living fraudster notable for reasons other than age. 95 at most.

Manuel Garcia Hernandez, "126": Daily Mail wrote about him in 2018. 

Maria Gomes dos Reis, "122": Seemingly bedbound for years.

Josefa Maria da Conceicao, "121": EXTREMELY frail. Likely much younger but suffering from some terminal illness. EDIT: actually died last week.

Sebastiao Batista dos Santos, "120": Probably somewhere around 90.

Batuli Lamichhane, "120": Nepal claimant, nearer to 40 than 120 but smokes 30 cigarettes a day according to 2016 Daily Mail article and looks more than half dead. DEAAAAAAAD!

Maria Vikentyevna Kononovich, "118": Another case that's been around for a while, likely early 90s.

Jesus Elias Loaiza Arenas, "118" (actually 102): This case has been around for around a decade, now debunked and they've found he's using the birth record of an older brother. Anyways, he's 102 and looks halfdead. Now fully dead.

Zhang Meiyu, "117": Taiwan fraudster, had a hip operation last year and seemingly in failing health.

Amelia Macoo, "117": Mozambican fraudster

Rosa Zoila Higuera Velandia, "116": Used to be on the "oldests" lists, now out of limbo and looks much frailer than ever before.

Justina Santana Xavier da Silva, "116": (another) Brazilian claimant, frail

Wang Zhanwen, "115": claims to be last Chinese person born in the 1900s

Isabel de Sena, "115": Her "proof of age" is an ID card...from 2011.

Jose Flores Flores, "115": In failing health and hospitalised multiple times in recent years. "Youngest" of the 1907 fraudster quartet.

Rosa Grilo, "115": Old but not that old. Claims to be last survivor of the 1924 Napalpí massacre. Died on the 4th of April 2023.

Margarida Blanco, "115": In my honest oponion, fraudster with a big F. Also claims to have died once before. I don't believe her at all. 115th not confirmed currently, but probably still alive.

Dominga Coca Garcia, "114" (actually 106/107): Debunked claim, but still very old.

Matilde Pinto Gil, "113/114": Looks ancient, small chance she's died off-radar recently.

Maimouna Sangare, "113": Claims to be oldest in Mali. Visited every october by the military dictator, when that stops happening we'll know she's dead.

Ematesse Joseph, "113": "Haitian-American supercentenarian". In other words, fraudster. Suprisingly dead in 2023, before age 130.

Seliman Bandang, "112": Validated only by Malaysia Book of Records. In other words, well, fraudster. Dead in 2023 after a short time in ICU/ventilator.

Maria Virgen Rojas, "112" (likely around 106): Uruguayan

Annie Woods Juarez, "110" (likely around 107): US

The Indian Trio:

Saalumarada Thimmakka, claims around 106-113, but as far as I know debunked that she's around 94

Fauja Singh, "111", likely born ca. 1928

Pappammal, "108/109" (likely 20 years younger)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maria Branyas does look very good for her age, better than Lucille Randon did at 116 but anything can happen at those ages. Edie Ceccarelli is probably the strongest looking 115 year old ever, she looks better than some 70 year olds, it’s a shame about her dementia

• Like 1

Ada Thompson second oldest person in Britain died yesterday morning .She was the last British person born in 1910.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Ada Thompson second oldest person in Britain died yesterday morning .She was the last British person born in 1910.

Source?

"Likely Nagaland's oldest person" Pupirei Pfükha dead at 121.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ali Anter, another world's oldest man, this time from Yemen, dies at age 140 after surgery to remove a horn that grew out of his head after 100 years:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/worlds-oldest-man-dies-aged-29470136

I swear I read that as Ali Antler :o

• Haha 4

New photo of Don Vicente. Looks very frail now.

335262831_909191867031792_1879853492161562912_n.jpg (221.52KiB)

• Like 3

JVPM has made it very far. He's now the 10th*-oldest validated man ever, around one more month and he'll reach Israel Kristal. There's also now two 113-year-old validated men, hasn't happened in around a decade.

*Or possibly soon the 9th-oldest, 11th-oldest or 12th-oldest. There are two cases of 114-year-old men pending validation, one from Peru and one from the Dominican Republic. If those two are validated he'd be "only" at spot #12, but I'd say it's likely that current #4 Mathew Beard will be "un-validated" in the future.

Brazilian longevity claimant Sebastiao Batista dos Santos celebrated his "121st" a few days ago. There's a video on youtube and while he's able to sit and seemingly communicate with people, he looks quite ill, bloodshot eyes and barely able to talk.

• Like 3

I'm very pleased to see a new photo of Mr. Mora. He does look frail, but there's lots of life left in those eyes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, arghton said:

Brazilian longevity claimant Sebastiao Batista dos Santos celebrated his "121st" a few days ago. There's a video on youtube and while he's able to sit and seemingly communicate with people, he looks quite ill, bloodshot eyes and barely able to talk.

This one ? Well this man is at the very most 100 but not above. 

• Like 1

@arghton What do you mean Mrs. Batuli Lamichhane looks closer to 40 than 120?

I have done some deep digging here while I've been left "in the dark" and I have found a substantial amount of evidence that assures Mrs. Lamichhane was indeed born on March 23, 1903 and is currently 119 years & 359 days old. I'm not saying this evidence is 100% guaranteed but it definitely supports her case. I spoke with her great grandson on Facebook and he has submitted her documentation to Guinness World Records and they are reviewing her case right now as we speak. If this is true, this means that Mrs. Randon would have never been the WOLP.

As for Mr. Jose Flores-Flores I spoke with the news station who interviewed him and they claim to have early life documents proving his age, and 1948 military records that also support his age. They told me that his family cannot pay the fee to apply to get his documentation checked. I told the news station that to apply for the WOLM title is completely free. They wrote back and told me they have contacted his family. I also wrote a personal message to his son explaining the GRG, LAS, and LQ. Haven't heard a response. If these early life documents actually exist Mr. Flores-Flores would be the WOLM, and the 2nd oldest man ever documented after Jiroemon Kimura. He would also be the 3rd oldest living person. 

I have also "discovered" the case of an Ethiopian man claiming to he 170 years of age. Obviously his claim to fame is false, but I have done some deep digging and have been in contact with the news station from his hometown. Apparently his oldest son is 93. While this man is NOT the age claimed, if his son is REALLY 93 and has not inflated his age, this man is definitely a Supercentenarian and should go down in our record books. If his son is 93, he's probably around 110-112 but definitely not over 117. I'll update what comes from this. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1