Mr Stats

World's Oldest

@lay_kulast95

The joke, which you obviously failed to comprehend, is that the conspiracy theory you’re espousing is so old it’s the basis for a film from 1968. A truly exceptional film, but I don’t suggest you watch it lest you start buying up mineshafts.

No reputable source has ever found evidence that fluoridation of the drinking water is unsafe, possibly ineffective, but not unsafe. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

My opinion on Deceased Supercentenarians:

- Li Ching Yuen, 256, Fake. No explanation needed. Unless Li Ching Yuen was a Greenlandic Shark... he did not live for 256 years.

- James Olofintuyi, 174, Fake. Claimed to have a 29 year old son at the time of his death. 

- Dhaqabo Ebba, 163, Fake. Claimed to have a living 128 year old son at the time of his death.

- Niels Paulsen, 160, Fake. Claimed to have a 9 year old son at the time of his death. I found the same exact story of a 160 year old man claiming to have a 9 year old son in a satire-themed comic book. Idea was obviously stolen, and tried to pass off as real. 

- Mbah Gotho, 146, Fake. This man was not 146. His birthday was Claimed to be 31 December 1870, which is a placeholder birthday. He likely didn't know when he was born, so a random date was chosen for him. I'm willing to bet he was probably born in the early 1900s decade, and was probably 108-114 when he died. Not 146. However, I will add that I think it is possible that Mbah Gotho was older than Israel Kristal at the time of his death in April 2017, and may have been the World's Oldest Living Man at the time of his death. BUT, if he was older than Kristal, it was likely less than a year older. Should be investigated further.

- John Smith, 137, nearly 100% fake. A study was done on Chief John Smith which concluded he was probably 96-99 when he died. He claimed to be 7, 8, 9, or 10 "when the stars fell". This is most likely referring to the Leonid Meteor Shower of 1833. This would place his birth year between 1823 and 1826 instead of his claimed birth year of 1784. Meaning that when he died in 1922, he was either 96, 97, 98, or 99. However there is an odd twist to this story, which is why I did not list him as totally fake. Some researchers did a study after Smith died, and they discovered that there was another meteor shower that occurred in 1792. This would accurately place Smith's birth year in 1784, thus making him 137 when he died. The strange thing was, is that it seems he had inside knowledge of the 1792 meteor shower, prior to the researchers who did the study. My guess is that he had likely heard of the 1792 meteor shower from his father, and mixed it up with his own memory. Or, it was just a big coincidence. If Smith really made it to 137, that means that at the time of his death, he would have broken Boomgaard's record by 27 years. A statistical near impossibility. I consulted a gerontologist, and according to the mathematical formula, the odds of Smith achieving the age of 137, would have a lower bound of 1 in 134 trillion. I wouldn't exactly call him a hoax yet, as rarer things have occurred, but unfortunately it's pretty safe to say he did not reach 137.

- Koku Istambulova, 129, She honestly does have some decent documentation but it's not enough to prove her age. I'm going to say fake, because she was a very unhappy person in life. Optimists live longer. I highly doubt a negative person would have made it to 129.

- Maria Do Cormo Geronimo, 129, Honestly Mrs. Geronimo does seriously surprise me. She doesn't have any birth records, but she does have vivid memories of being a Brazilian slave. Since she has memories of slavery in Brazil, she had to have been at least 3 years old, making her at least 115 when she died. She even had whip marks on her back from being a slave. She may not have been 129 when she died, but I'm going to guess she was between 115 and 122 with 120 being the most likely age. 

- Johanna Mazibuko, 128, ???

- Luo Meizhen, 127, researchers found that Mrs. Meizhen was more like 115 when she died. Not 127. I'm going to go with the researchers on this one. She indeed did have signs of extreme old age, commonly found in Supercentenarians. 

- Benito Martinez Abrogan, 126, This case was very unusual. Mr. Abrogan immigrated from Haiti to Cuba in the 1920s but his age wasn't given. He had a very healthy and fit lifestyle and ate lots of fresh rice and vegetables. Mr. Abrogan also ate lots of cassava, which has been proven to slow down the shortening of telomeres, and lower blood pressure. He never owned a car, but walked everywhere he went; another factor into supporting his longevity. He was nicknamed the Aeroplane for the speed at which he worked, while helping construct the highway across Cuba. This is a good sign, as he would've had to have been extremely healthy to outspeed all the other workers, as his boss and co-workers claimed. He doesn't have any documentation, nor does he show any signs of extreme aging, but the Cuban government and Cuban medical experts say that he was at least 119 years old at the time of his death. They claimed to have run tests on him, and said he was indeed between 119 and 126 when he died, however there is no proof of this. Again, his claimed birthdate is June, 19, 1880, which is a placeholder birthdate. He likely didn't know his actual birthdate, so he guessed. However, because of his extremely healthy lifestyle, I'm willing to guess he was born in the late 1880s, and was thus between 116 and 120 when he died. He died between many of the longest lived men on the planet, McMorran, Chuganji, Moll, and Del Toro. I think it's entirely possible that this man was indeed born in 1887 (not his claimed birthdate of 1880), and was actually 119 when he died. Extremely unlikely, but possible. 

- Jackson Pollock, 126, I personally found evidence that if Mr. Pollock was born the year he claimed to have been born, his father would have been only 5 years old at the time of his son's birth. His age was probably exaggerated by 20 years, and he was more likely 106, and not 126. One thing is for sure though, he was not born in the year he claimed to be born. 

- Francisca Susano, 124, I have spent a decent amount of time researching Mrs. Susano's case and I have never found any hard evidence against her. However, that doesn't mean there isn't any. Her eldest child would've been over 100 at the time of her death, strengthening her case a bit. But first we have to prove her child's age wasn't exaggerated. I think she is definitely worth considering.

- Juana Chox Yac, 123, Doubtful

- Hava Rexa, 123, Doubtful

- Belle Rhymes, 123, She also claims to have suffered a constant asthma attack for 99 years straight. Willing to bet the whole story is made up. I sincerely doubt that a human could survive a constant asthma attack that lasted nearly a century, and I doubt this woman lived to be 123.

- Sudhakar Chaturvedi, 122, I really don't know what to think of Mr. Chaturvedi's case. He has lots of documentation dating back to the early 1900s, but that doesn't mean he was born when he said he was. 

- Zhang Daoling, 122, This man claimed to have lived 122 years, and died in the year 156 A.D. I highly doubt he lived this long, back in times where the average lifespan was 35-50 years of age. I'm going to go with fake. He was probably a mythical figure.

- Magomed Labazanov, 122, Doubtful. This man claimed to have still been able to walk at 121??? Very unlikely. He does appear to be very old from the videos shown on YouTube. Probably more like 112 when he died and not 122. He honestly does have the appearance of someone who is over 100, but saying that he is 122 is a massive stretch. 

- Celino Villanueva, 121, Fake. Mr. Villanueva does not show any signs of extreme old age associated with Supercentenarians. If I had to guess his age, I would have said he was about 95 or 96, not 121. His age was probably either exaggerated by 20 years, making him 101 when he died, and not 121, or his identity was mixed up with his father's, making him less than 105. 

- Jesus Castillo Rangel, 121, Seriously? 121??? This guy looks more like 81 rather than 121. I doubt he was even in his 90s. 

- Shigechiyo Izumi, 120, We could talk about Izumi's case all day... I am going to go with possibly on this one. Now if you're not familiar with the Izumi case, Shigechiyo Izumi claimed to have been born in 1865 and died at the age of 120 in 1986 (before celebrating his 121st birthday). Now researchers found another Shigechiyo Izumi born in 1880, but with no death certificate. It's possible that our 1865 Izumi got mixed up with our 1880 Izumi and our 1865 Izumi was only 105 when he died. However our 1865 born Izumi claimed to have been given up for adoption in 1871, aged 6, and started work at a sugar mill in 1872, aged 7. This right here would prove that he was not mixed up with our 1880 Izumi, and thus was the age claimed. BUT, there are several problems with this case. One, is that our 1865 born Izumi could be lying. And two, is that there is no documentation or definite proof that he was adopted in 1871 or started work in 1872. I think that a professional researcher, should try and locate some documentation of a Shigechiyo Izumi being adopted in 1871, or work papers of a Shigechiyo Izumi from 1872. Unfortunately, most documentation like this was not common in the 1870s. We may never know the real truth about Izumi. I will add, that the pictures of Izumi aged 120 in 1986, do indeed look like a 120 year old man. He shows all the characteristic signs of extreme aging, commonly found in a Supercentenarian. The whites of his eyes even have signs of extreme old age, and appear darkened in color. Something I've never seen in a person under 110.

- Du Pinhua, 120, I have not researched her case enough but it seems like Mrs. Pinhua was indeed 120 when she died. She has all the signs of extreme aging, and elderly people of her village say she was a middle aged woman when they were kids. An 80 year old man who had known her all his life, said he remembers her being aged 40, when he was born. 80 + 40 = 120, thus supporting Pinhua's age. Unfortunately her case seemed to run into a lot of dead ends, and I can't find much more evidence than that of her being 120. I'd still say she has the strongest case of everyone on this list though. 

- Rebecca Lanier, 120, looks more like 80. Fake. This woman shows no signs of extreme aging. 

- Ignacio Aguilar Jaramillo, 119, I would have to go with... fake. Apparently he could still dance at age 115? A very unusual feat for a Supercentenarian. I don't believe he was 119. 

- Kamu Tongnumchokdee, 119, Dude looks like he's barely 89. Apparently he could still walk, and carry out farm work at the age of 119. The oldest that I would believe he was, is probably 105, but no more than that. His age was probably either exaggerated by 20 or 30 years, and he was probably either 89 or 99 when he died. Not 119. 

- Oh Yoon-ah, 118, Doubtful. This woman claims to have still gotten on the exercise Bike for 20 minutes a day at age 115. Not completely impossible as Maurice Floquet achieved this at 111, and as female SCs are in better shape than male SCs, it's not entirely impossible, but very unlikely. I'd compare this to being struck by lightning 3 times, and meeting someone who was struck by lightning 4 times. Not completely impossible, but hard to believe and verify. 

- Goddard Diamond, 118, Now this case is a weird one. Mr. Goddard Diamond claimed to have been born in 1796 and died in 1914. Mr. Diamond was featured in an interview in 1896 where he claimed to be 100 years old. He appears in good shape, and he claimed to have had a routine where he applied olive oil to his body every day. There is also pictures of Mr. Diamond from 1861 at the claimed age of 65, where he indeed looks like a 65 year old man. There is early life documentation of Mr. Diamond supporting a 1796 birthdate, and thus making him 118 when he died. But, there is also documentation supporting a 1805 birthdate, and making him only 109 when he died. I honestly don't know what to think of this case. I think this would take a professional researcher to figure out, and find more documentation of either him being born in 1796 and being the oldest man ever, or being born in 1805 and not even being a Supercentenarian. One piece of evidence that strengthens his case, is the 1861 documentation and picture of him being 65. If the 1805 birthdate us accurate, I highly doubt a 56 year old man would look this old. But again, if he was 118 when he died, the probability of a man surpassing Boomgaard by 8 years of close to nothing. It is worth noting however that Calment passed the female record by 9.

- Jintaro Tanaka, 118, Possible but unlikely. Researchers at the Calment Project actually verified this man to have died in 1997 on his 118th birthday. He had all the nesscessary documentation, and the statistics fit perfectly in line with his life being around the same time as Calment, Knauss, and Mortensen. He would even close the gap of the oldest living man, before Mortensen. However, there was one little problem. The same researchers at the Calment Project later found that another Jintaro Tanaka had died in the 1960s, and the birthplace and wife's name matched exactly. It IS possible that there was another Jintaro Tanaka also born in 1879, who had the same wife's name, but what are the chances? I'm going to go with Doubtful, but I wouldn't call him fake just yet.

- Teriihaeretei Taaroa, 117, I found documentation from an ancestry website sourcing that Mr. Taaroa was actually 104 when he died, and not 117. Now unless this incredibly accurate ancestry website is wrong...

- Andrew Hatch, 117, Fake. Mr. Hatch claimed to have lived between 1898 and 2015, BUT he does not appear in a census until 1930, as a baby. This means he was probably only 85 at the time of his death. The only way he could have actually been 117, is if somehow he avoided all census recordings, all forms of documentation, and lied about his age stating that he was under a year old, when he in fact was 32. Extremely unlikely, considering the time period he lived in.

- Juan Pablo Villalobos Maradiaga, 116, I did a heavy amount of research on his case, and found absolutely nothing to disprove Mr. Maradiaga's age. Although, I will say I didn't find much evidence to begin with. He did indeed have a son who would've been 95 at the time of his death, meaning that he couldn't have been much younger than the age claimed. Some researchers found a Juan Pablo Villalobos Maradiaga born 5 years after our 116 year old Juan Pablo. Unfortunately though, the birthplace is wrong. That leaves us with 2 possibilities. Most likely situation, is that Juan Pablo was only 111 when he died, and the census made a mistake on his birthplace. Even so, he would have still been the 1st Supercentenarian of El Salvador, and oldest man recorded of El Salvador, until Santos Rivas narrowly outlived him in 2023. The second situation, is that the census is of a different Juan Pablo Villalobos Maradiaga meaning that his age is still unknown, and he may have indeed been older than Kimura when he died. I'm going to go with 111, but I won't exactly rule out 116 yet.

- Bernando Lapollo, 114, FAKE! This guy doesn't stop changing his story. Researchers did a study and found out he was more likely in his 100s when he died. Not 114.

Anyway let me know what you think...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lay_kulast95 said:

Anyway let me know what you think...

They’d all have been real if they hadn’t been “poisoned” by all that bastard fluoride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, TQR said:

They’d all have been real if they hadn’t been “poisoned” by all that bastard fluoride.

You may joke now, but you'll find out later that I was right... I'll bet one day in the future there will be a worldwide study on fluoride, and you'll see I was correct.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, nzak said:

My gosh Zak, we get it. Honestly I was interested in your Calment study, but there was hardly any documents translated in English. And The ones that were, are too difficult to understand. Not to mention you talk to your audience like they're scholars who have phds in the subject. I'm just an ordinary guy who's interested in the Calment case. I know language translation can be difficult, but you might get a wider audience if you just translated more of your stuff to English and made it easier to comprehend. And by the way I thought you lost a lot of credibility in your new paper when you said that Kimura could've only been 111. He was without any doubts, 116. Stop coming up with bizarre theories that don't make any sense. Kimura was 116, final word.

• Like 2

Recently, one more man, Walter Breuning was left out of the top 100 oldest verified supercentenarians as the entry age climbed to 114 years and 208 days. So there are now only 3 men in the top 100 with their number having further dramatic decrease during the past years. Maybe, Perez Mora could make it in the top 100 and be the first man to do so for quite sometime.

• Like 2

Perez Mora has surpassed the claimed age of Gustav Gerneth.

• Like 3

Morris Wioskowski was born in Poland on July 27, 1912 and died in Israel on April 28, 2023, he was unknown to researchers until recently,lived part of his life in the United Kingdom, where he served in the British Army, he is not validated
Currently the oldest man born in Poland is Kazimierz Klimczak born on 15 Feb 1914 in Cieplowo, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Russian Empire (now Poland) and lives in Masovia Voivodeship, and the oldest person living in Israel is Marcel Reichstein born on 13 Sept 1913 in Bucharest, Romania living in Ness Ziona, Central District, Israel

https://globalsupercentenarianforum.com/index.php/community/deaths110-2023/morris-wioskowski-pol-isr-1912-2023/#post-11280

imagem

• Like 2

5 hours ago, diego said:

Morris Wioskowski was born in Poland on July 27, 1912 and died in Israel on April 28, 1923, he was unknown to researchers until recently,lived part of his life in the United Kingdom, where he served in the British Army, he is not validated
Currently the oldest man born in Poland is Kazimierz Klimczak born on 15 Feb 1914 in Cieplowo, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Russian Empire (now Poland) and lives in Masovia Voivodeship, and the oldest person living in Israel is Marcel Reichstein born on 13 Sept 1913 in Bucharest, Romania living in Ness Ziona, Central District, Israel

https://globalsupercentenarianforum.com/index.php/community/deaths110-2023/morris-wioskowski-pol-isr-1912-2023/#post-11280

imagem

You first list Morris's death as 1923 -- making him just a 10 year old when he died. You should edit that to 2023.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lilham said:

You first list Morris's death as 1923 -- making him just a 10 year old when he died. You should edit that to 2023.

I think we can conclude by now that @diego doesn't check his posts before submitting them... just one of his many annoying habits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lilham said:

Thanks, I corrected, I don't know the reason I put the wrong year

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I think we can conclude by now that @diego doesn't check his posts before submitting them... just one of his many annoying habits.

You're right, I'm also annoyed when this happens, I don't understand why I have made these mistakes, it's very strange

• Like 2

Inah Canabarro Lucas turns 115. 

There are now 5 living 115+-year-olds.

• Like 5

Jesus this thread has been cluster-fucked out of usefulness.

I wish we could rewind the tape to about a year ago. Thanks @Hanzem + @arghton for your contributions.

Anyone care to do an updated Top 10, I'd be interested to see the health status as well. :P

• Like 1

On 27/02/2023 at 22:28, arghton said:

Hans Schornack, doyen of Germany and Europe and oldest person ever born on leap day, dead at 110 just a few days before his "111th birthday". Centenarians DP hit as far as I know. 

Europe's new doyen is French man Andre Ludwig, seemingly completely blind and broke his femur a few years ago. Europe only has six men supercentenarians currently - French guys Andre Ludwig and Pierre Pineau, Italians Tripolino Giannini and Salvatore Nardi, Britain's John Tinniswood and Spanish painter Luis Torras Martinez. Germany's new oldest man is Karlheinz Stauber, only 108.

The South/Middle Americans seem to dominate the Oldest Living Men list currently, there's five of them over 112 and that's 5/7 of the men aged 112+. Not a lot of people from Asia there now - excluding likely fraudsters (for example a certain marathon runner) only four Japanese men, two Chinese (Yang Longsheng and extremely frail Shi Ping) and Tajikistani guy Rashid Karimov. 

Pierre Pineau dead at 110.

• Like 7

Ada Felicita Avila (née Loor Zambrano) died on 11/jun/2023, in Deltona (Florida),she was born on 14/jan 1910 in Portoviejo, Manabi Province and was the oldest person born in Ecuador who was validated,while she was in Ecuador, she ran a school, emigrated to the United States in 1955, settling in New York. After arriving, she took sewing classes as she could no longer be a teacher as she did not know English. She was the oldest known person in Florida as well, who is now Anna Natella (née Boffilo; born 21 November 1912) born in Irsina, Matera, Basilicata, Italy, and lives in Fort Myers. The oldest known person born in Ecuador right now is Senovio Saavedra Muela, born 30/Oct/1912 (not validated), and has an older person born in Ecuador, however her age it is doubtful, it is Elvia Vera Loor (it has Loor in the name too, as well as Ada), she claims that she was born on 12/may/1909

É com o coração entristecido que compartilhamos o... - Carolyn Avila Tice | LinkedIn (facebook.com)

Ada Avila | Gerontology Wiki | Fandom

• Like 4

Philomene Fibleuil was born on 10/Dec/1912 was born in Raisin, rural district of Robert, and died on 11/Jun/2023 being the oldest woman in Martinique since September 23, 2021, and the oldest person in the country since October 5, 2021.She was a farmer and died in the city of Le Robert

Now the oldest person in Martinique is Marie-Dominique Zadick born on 14 Aug 1913 in Le Marin, and living in Fort-de-France

Philomène Fibleuil, decano da Martinica, morreu aos 110 anos (franceantilles.fr)

Philomène Fibleuil, le jour de ses 107 ans.

• Like 5

Fusa Tatsumi has surpassed Jiroemon Kimura's age (116 years and 54 days). Back in 2013 when Kimura died, he was 8th oldest ever and now he is 24th. 

Now Fusa also becomes 6th oldest Japanese ever.

• Like 3

Bror Larsson died on 12/Jun/2023, was born in Kungsbacka, Halland County on 25/July/1914 and was the oldest known Swedish-born man, he died in Vallda, Halland County, Sweden, Worked as a construction worker, lumberjack and herring fishing. He also worked as a chef on his father's boat. He had tattoos on his arms. He became the oldest known living person with a tattoo, following the death of Jack Reynolds on April 25, 2020. He became the oldest known living male born in Sweden, following the death of Goesta Vestlund or Goesta Berggren on April 5 October 2020 (his exact times of death are unclear), he became the oldest known person living in Halland County, following the death of Ellen Pettersson on October 2, 2021.
The oldest man living in Sweden remains Pawel Frydman born on 20/Jun/1914 in Gmina Zamosc, Lublin Voivodeship, Russian Empire (now Poland), and the oldest man born in Sweden is now Sixten Rudengren born on 12/Dec/ 1914 in Sodermanland, and lives in Nykoping, Sodermanland

Bror Larsson (108 anos) Vallda - Brasil | Ratos (ratsit.se)

Bror Tolver fyller hela 108 år idag

• Like 2

As of June, 18th, 2023, there are only four living veterans still living from the Chaco War (1932-1935), between the Bolivians and Paraguayans.

Virgilio Davalos 

(October 8th, 1914-)

Soldier of the Paraguayan Army

Jose Domingo Vargas

(September 15th, 1915-)

Canuto Gonzalez

(January 19th, 1916-)

Samuel Chuquimia Murillo 

(August 15th, 1916-)

Last living soldier of the Bolivian Army 

Edited by Alex B
  • Like 3

O homem mais velho da Macedônia do Norte (Ramiz Selmani) morreu em 2/Jul/2023.Nascido em Llojan em 10/Out/1914,morreu no mesmo lugar,ele foi considerado o homem mais velho da história do país,mas sua idade ainda não está validada. Aos 103 anos, quando foi entrevistado pela primeira vez, ainda conseguia trabalhar na roça e caminhar mais de 7 quilômetros em um dia. Agora o homem mais velho na Macedônia do Norte é Xhemail Rustemi nascido em 19/Fev/1916 em Skopje, ele vive em Polog

O pai do ministro albanês morre aos 109 anos, o mais velho da região. JavaNews.al

Pai de ministro albanês morre aos 109 anos, o mais velho da região

• Like 2

On 28/05/2023 at 00:40, arghton said:

6. Ushi Makishi (1909) Seems very frail. 

Ushi Makishi dead at 114.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, drol said:

Ushi Makishi dead at 114.

Pearl Berg (USA, OCT/1/1909) moves to tenth place for world's oldest living validated person

• Like 3

RIP Ushi Makishi. She seemed frail but not as frail as her compatriot Fusa Tatsumi. BTW Fusa surpassed the age of Tekla Juniewicz some days ago

• Like 2