Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Ukraine's 'oldest man' turns 116

Hryhoriy Nestor , a man thought to be the oldest living person in the world is celebrating his 116th birthday.

Happy 111th birthday to Britains own Florrie Baldwin. The Sun today says she can remember meeting Queen Victoria - who died in 1901 - so maybe Florrie is finally losing the plot.

Emma Bodie Begay, one of the United States' oldest longevity claimants, has died at the claimed age of 119.

Credit. Credited. It is you. Hand over the title. Here is the money. Here is the appreciation. Here is the fame.

But sitting alone in his house lives the undiscovered. I believe the true legends might be your very own next door neighbor.

Credit. Credited. It is you. Hand over the title. Here is the money. Here is the appreciation. Here is the fame.

But sitting alone in his house lives the undiscovered. I believe the true legends might be your very own next door neighbor.

Forgive my slow wittedness, but :)

My best guess is the above means 'people who live their life without recognition or fame are often the true legends' but as this thread is 'World's Oldest' I don't see the connection, not that I can criticise just for going off topic. :) If it is off topic. Being world's oldest is just about not dying for a really long time, not really about achievements or greatness or fame or goodness. If the world's oldest person happens to be a child molester or murderer etc. they still remain the world's oldest, like it or not.

Or do you mean we should only recognise the world's oldest people who don't get recognition? That could be tricky...

I look forward to being corrected with style. And some panache if that's not too much trouble. I promise I'm not questioning you just to be a pain, I really really don't follow you. Really.

Ignored...

Forgive my slow wittedness, but :)

I really really don't follow you. Really.

Can I suggest that you stop trying to read some meaning into the ramblings, and use the 'ignore' function instead? It's worked wonders for me, so I now only read the drivel posted by some of the members here when it's quoted by someone else. I'll leave you to work out which camp you fall into.

(If you haven't got me on 'ignore', that is)

Can I suggest that you stop trying to read some meaning into the ramblings, and use the 'ignore' function instead? It's worked wonders for me, so I now only read the drivel posted by some of the members here when it's quoted by someone else. I'll leave you to work out which camp you fall into.

(If you haven't got me on 'ignore', that is)

I've not got anyone on ignore, I thought it might affect the continuity of reading the other posts if I did that, forgetting that anything relevant or of interest from ignored members will probably be quoted. I'll leave it for now and see if I can exercise more restraint, I do try but I have my weak and/or curious moments. Well, when I say moments.... :)

The fact that you replied to my non-quoted post means (I think) you have chosen not to filter out my ramblings for the time being; I shall try and keep it that way. You'd not be on my ignore list even if I had one, you'll no doubt be delighted to know. And no, I don't just say that to all the men. :)

Happy 111th birthday to Britains own Florrie Baldwin. The Sun today says she can remember meeting Queen Victoria - who died in 1901 - so maybe Florrie is finally losing the plot
Couldn't Florrie have met Queen Victoria as a 4 or 5 year old just before the Queen died? Admittedly I've not read the Sun article so I don't know if Florrie claimed to be a teenager when they met (or something else that doesn't fit the facts) but as per your post it's just about possible isn't it?

Can I suggest that you stop trying to read some meaning into the ramblings, and use the 'ignore' function instead?

Hear hear. Putting Banshees on ignore not only saves bucketloads of time not having to read his posts but also much needed mental reserves.

It's not that I don't like Banshees, it's simply that I want to preserve my mental health whilst I still have some of it left.

Rather worringly, there's a other few stalwarts going down the Banshees Scream route of complete gibberish lately. Thank God, then, for Windsor who, despite what you may think of him & what it is he's actually saying, at least he tells it as it is.

Hear hear. Putting Banshees on ignore not only saves bucketloads of time not having to read his posts but also much needed mental reserves.

It's not that I don't like Banshees, it's simply that I want to preserve my mental health whilst I still have some of it left.

Perhaps the fact that these days I only leave the house to go to work or go shopping has increased my inclination to read everything posted on this site a bit too closely, and to desperately find something to post about. Due to the incredible financial rollercoaster (well, slide) I permanently ride, this site has become almost my entire social life; a year and a half ago I'd have probably took the p*ss out of someone who regularly posts on a forum....

I'm sometimes very guilty of wanting to post and then trying to find something to post about, rather than posting because I've got anything to say in advance. I'm reactive not pro-active; funny, my manager has noticed that too...

Rather worringly, there's a other few stalwarts going down the Banshees Scream route of complete gibberish lately. Thank God, then, for Windsor who, despite what you may think of him & what it is he's actually saying, at least he tells it as it is.
Can't be me then, complete gibberish sounds like a bit too much effort.

I'm sure someone will tell me soon enough that I have, in fact, completely got the hang of it.

Put the baseball cap on and look the other way. Bald Rick.

I'm referring to the brilliant minds left aside never givin the opportunity to shine. I understand how unclear that is, but recognize my game. It was off topic but somehow thoughts of advanced lives lead me to the unknown and the lonely. I've inspired a couple regulars as I see, although I couldn't be bothered to read most of it because the low blow over exaggeration wastes my precious time.

By the way, TLC I honor you with the commitment and effort put into reading and figuring with my posts.

I put you in a higher class.

[Thank God, then, for Windsor who, despite what you may think of him & what it is he's actually saying, at least he tells it as it is.

Please - don't encourage it.

:)

I've just spent the last few hours ranting at the many injustices of my work place...

Florence Finch, New Zealand's oldest ever and the sixth oldest verified person in the world has died at age 113.

Looking for (and failing to find any) evidence of German WW1 veteran Herman Solveen's alleged death, I came across this very fine fine page sporting many excellent pictures of very old people past and present.

Not to mention some "cool videos of accidents" for our motor racing enthusiasts.

Looking for (and failing to find any) evidence of German WW1 veteran Herman Solveen's alleged death, I came across this very fine fine page sporting many excellent pictures of very old people past and present.

Not to mention some "cool videos of accidents" for our motor racing enthusiasts.

The murder and destruction of speed and steel. Mr.Nap I took the time to watch most of the videos, the last car which flipped like it was catapulted flashed the horror of every days very unreal reality. I'm intreagued.

Guest Guest_TINTIN_*

so people are dying just not the ones on the list.

Is this a record for noone on the list dying?

Guest Guest
so people are dying just not the ones on the list.

Is this a record for noone on the list dying?

No.

1991 saw no hits. At least 2007 has one to date.

Two of the world's oldest set a new record for greatest combined age of people meeting.

I suspect that this will soon be followed by "World's Oldest Myspace/Facebook" friends or something.

There are some who take the Bible literally who'd take issue with the claims in the above post. Not me, mind.

Two of the world's oldest set a new record for greatest combined age of people meeting.

I suspect that this will soon be followed by "World's Oldest Myspace/Facebook" friends or something.

Interestingly enough, Sandy Allen, the word's tallest woman is mentioned as living at the same residential home as one of the oldsters mentioned in the above linked article. She's only 55, which is a bit young for full time care. Could she be seriously ill? Giants aren't renowned for living to a tall age, and there isn't much info about her current circumstances on her Wiki page.

Interestingly enough, Sandy Allen, the word's tallest woman is mentioned as living at the same residential home as one of the oldsters mentioned in the above linked article. She's only 55, which is a bit young for full time care. Could she be seriously ill? Giants aren't renowned for living to a tall age, and there isn't much info about her current circumstances on her Wiki page.

She's confined to a wheelchair due to weak leg muscles and poor circulation and has undergone a couple of operations to the pituitary gland.

Here's a blury looking photo

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/record...n_-_living.aspx

Although a long way from being the world's oldest, I think this lady deserves a mention:

Helen S Barth has died aged 109.

Impressive to see someone leading such an active life for so long.

I wonder if anyone has placed a bet on this man reaching the age of 110? I saw him on the TV news & he looked as fit as a fiddle.

Photo here

• Like 1

Oldest woman in Wales dies. Sorry if it's already been posted elsewhere, I couldn't find if it was or not.