Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Husband's been dead for 80 years and she's not wearing black? Don't care for this new breed of nonnas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Evangelista Luisa Lopez, 14th oldest person dead at 114 years and 68 days from pneumonia.

She was very healthy-looking.

239929678_4299613213408942_8842324243985674357_n.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

Evangelista Luisa Lopez, 14th oldest person dead at 114 years and 68 days from pneumonia.

She was very healthy-looking.

239929678_4299613213408942_8842324243985674357_n.png

She indeed was but the thing is, at that age, you can look healthier than ever and drop dead from a cold the next day... sad, RIP

• Like 1

On 15/01/2019 at 10:49, drol said:

Little list of master athletes who seem to be really indestructible, though they are known for no reason other than their longevity. Anyway I think almost all of them will live past 110, and someone (cough cough Fauja Singh) past 115. Here they are:

*Stanislaw Kowalski (1910), oldest man in Poland too

*Hidekichi Miyazaki (1910), known as the Golden Bolt.

*Fauja Singh (1911), the Sikh Tornado.

*Robert Marchand (1911), cyclist and commie.

*Mieko Nagaoka (1914) Japanese swimmer

*Ida Keeling (1915)

*Donald Pellmann (1915) broke Miyazaki's records

*Giuseppe Ottaviani (1916)

*Frederico Fischer (1917) current champ

*Ugo Sansonetti (1919) manager and athlete

Though they all seem ridicolous while doing their activities, I swear there is a good possibility at least one of these ten lives past 120.

Ida Keeling dead on Twitter…

• Like 2

On 29/08/2021 at 01:58, Ulitzer95 said:

News come from her official Instagram account, so no doubt she is dead. Some Twitter accounts have picked it today, but still not the slightest sign of an obit. Hurricane Ida is not helping the searches too... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

News come from her official Instagram account, so no doubt she is dead. Some Twitter accounts have picked it today, but still not the slightest sign of an obit. Hurricane Ida is not helping the searches too... 

Her daughter posted on Facebook saying that there would be something put out this week.

On 29/08/2021 at 00:58, Ulitzer95 said:

Ida Keeling over

• Haha 3

Francisca Celsa dos Santos has tied Sarah Knauss as the oldest person to be in third place, at the age of 116 years and 314 days.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

As of today, 1st September 2021, (in Japan) Kane Tanaka is for 5 years and 7 days in the top 10 oldest living people, since 25 August 2016.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2021 at 20:30, Lafaucheuse said:

While searching in the Wikipedia list of oldest people ever I noticed a new addition in the french page : Paul Roger Henry (1902-2021) who supposedly died at 118 being the 4th oldest person ever and the 1st oldest man ever. I just found that registration from INSEE institute, a reliable source because it’s the french institute of survey and a government’s institute. Does anyone have any clue about him ? 

D0AE4787-B1C6-44A2-A826-BE6CE7886247.jpeg

Bobigny City Hall have no death record for this person.

Robert Young explains here that the case is likely a disappeared person scenario whereby the person has been officially declared dead. Supposedly not all that rare. There's a list of other such cases here.

So likely the individual in question died years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bobigny City Hall have no death record for this person.

Robert Young explains here that the case is likely a disappeared person scenario whereby the person has been officially declared dead. Supposedly not all that rare. There's a list of other such cases here.

So likely the individual in question died years ago.

I know, Robert Young explained to me by mail when I submitted Paul Roger Henry to him. What annoys me is that some people, including Dr. Young, tend to invalidate any new submission saying « it’s impossible that someone can approach those age without being known ». They invalidate any submission without looking for proof but rather prefer to close the case from the very beginning. I’m however 100% sure that at least 1 one of those supercentenarians people could be validated if we had took the time to...

probably not the case of Paul Roger Henry though but this perpetual sceptisism is annoying 

• Like 1

Maria Branyas Morera, 9th oldest living person, has entered the top 100 oldest validated people ever. 
There are now living people from five year cohorts in the top 100 oldest validated people ever.

• Like 1

After Dos Santos became oldest ever third oldest living person (surpassing previous record of Sarah Knauss - 116 years and 314 days), now Lucile Randon ties with Sarah Knauss' record of oldest ever second oldest living person at the age of 117 years and 204 days.

It took nearly 25 years but finally both Sarah Knauss' records were broken.

• Like 4

Kane Tanaka surpassed Josefa Salas Mateo's time as World's Oldest Living Person (3 years, 47 days).

There are only two longer records:

Jeanne Calment's (9 years, 205 days) and

Mary Kelly's (5 years, 36 days)

• Like 3

On 25/07/2018 at 10:40, Clorox Bleachman said:

Chiyo Miyako has somehow gone into Limbo...

Kane Tanaka, 115, is the interim World's Oldest Person while people figure out what the hell happened.

Also Nabi Tajima's age is now disputed, meaning she might not have been the oldest person after all. Plot twist!

It's September 2021 and she's still here...:o

Ron Hermanns, the oldest person in New Zealand, died August 30th. He was 109. Hermanns was born September 25, 1911 in Canada, but moves to New Zealand as a child.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/450530/new-zealand-s-oldest-person-ron-hermanns-dies-aged-109

https://gerontology.wikia.org/wiki/Ronald_Hermanns

• Like 3

Lawrence Brooks, oldest man in the US and North America and the second-oldest WWII veteran (after MBE Mary "Mollie" Walker) is 112 today.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 24/01/2021 at 23:14, Ulitzer95 said:

Happy 110th birthday to Amy Hawkins, the oldest person living in Wales! :party:

All 3 countries of Great Britain now have at least one person aged 110+. Been a few years since that last happened.

Amy Winifred Hawkins has hung up her TikTok and curled up her toes: https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021-09-13/wales-oldest-woman-and-tiktok-star-amy-winifred-hawkins-dies-aged-110

• Like 3

23 hours ago, arghton said:

Lawrence Brooks, oldest man in the US and North America and the second-oldest WWII veteran (after MBE Mary "Mollie" Walker) is 112 today.

On his 112th:

0FprFir.thumb.png.b61fe2864fbbe1903a5710509e6fe161.png

Also here's a new (today/yesterday) picture of Kane Tanaka, it's been multiple months since the last one:

2020.9.13-2.thumb.jpg.b46aa7dd716f0d4aa26933cf1e1275b4.jpg

5 minutes ago, arghton said:

Also here's a new (today/yesterday) picture of Kane Tanaka, it's been multiple months since the last one:

2020-9-13-2-thumb-jpg-b46aa7dd.jpg.556093e840ad8b9e253a4123e1fe9a9a.jpg

#COMPRESSTHESIZEOFYOURFUCKINGPICTURES

Has to be said, she doesn't look great. I think she'll get to 119 on January 2nd but not much further.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Has to be said, she doesn't look great. I think she'll get to 119 on January 2nd but not much further.

The orchids look wonderful though 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I think that she looks OK. She declines quite slowly. Going much further than 119 has been done literally by only one person. :P

• Like 1

On 21/06/2021 at 23:23, arghton said:

Updated version of the top ten gallery from another forum:

oldestgallery.thumb.png.05baa417a442901bae0fe230c4b5d18f.png

Unvalidated (by Gerontology Research Group) ones who could be older than Fusa Tatsumi:

Maria Araujo da Silva (b. 1906?) Brazil

Juana Santos Caballero (b. 1906?) Mexico

Justina Santana Xavier da Silva (b. 1907?) Brazil

Maria Branyas Morera (b. 1907?) American-born Spanish, validation pending

S. M. V. (b. 1907?) Mexico. Name is not known.

Wang Zhangwen (b. 1907?) China

Anonymous of Fukuoka, 8th oldest living person and 62nd oldest person ever, name is revealed to be Yoshi Otsunari. 

• Like 5