Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Sam Dana, the oldest living former NFL player, has died at the age of 104.
  • Like 1

Bertha Fry, the world's third oldest person, has died.

So, if anyone thinks the very old are 'soft' targets this proves the hard knocks in the lottery of guessing their deaths. I'm sitting on a CPDP team with the two oldest people alive in the ranks and the old codger in third place dies....damn!

Konrad Thurano, the world's oldest trapeze artist, has died at the age of 98. He last preformed on the trapeze in April of this year.

Oldest men currently living (top 10)

8 Nicholas Kao Se Tseien 110 years, 211 days January 15, 1897 Hong Kong, China

Haiku's Japanese

But Kao Se Tseien is dead

If you read Chinese

Had a dream 'bout him

Was on Hartlepool '08

Need new candidate

Man I suck at this.

No longer able to make that claim. With a BBC obit too! I bet a few DDP 08 players hoping for some cheap points have just had said hopes dashed.

Only the one team so far, actually - or, at least of those who entered. I also think Nestor was their joker.

Well, I knew it was too good to be true that no-one would go, especially when some very old people have been chosen.

Since several people have the world's second oldest person, Maria de Jesus, I thought I'd repost an update from today on how she's doing:

Dear all,

I just called Maria de Jesus' daughter. Maria de Jesus is well and in

good health. At the precise moment I called, she was seated outside in

the porch, in her wheelchair, spending the afternoon enjoying the sun.

She still does her daily routine as usual - including moving around

the house with a walker - and is still alert. So, all is good news!

All the best,

Filipe

Or for those of you keeping score at home, "far better than Edna Parker".

... I just called Maria de Jesus' daughter. Maria de Jesus is well and in

good health. At the precise moment I called, she was seated outside in

the porch, in her wheelchair, spending the afternoon enjoying the sun.

<_< Surely that's part of the script from "Weekend At Bernie's"? MdJ probably snuffed it a while back; her daughter hired an itinerant taxidermist and Bob's your uncle. Or Bernie. Or Maria.

She still does her daily routine as usual - including moving around

the house with a walker - and is still alert. So, all is good news!

Yes, she still moves around the house, attached to her Zimmer... because it's nailed to her. They've put casters on her feet and they've tied the whole contraption to a Dachshund, who does a few laps of the bungalow occasionally.

Someone who did something other than just getting really old has just become a supercentenarian. Pediatrician and DDP pick Leila Denmark turned 110 on February 1. Included in the article is pictures and video of her as very alert and seemingly hale (aside from the wheelchair, which isn't really all that unexpected).

And while we're on the subject of videos, here's a recent video of supercentenarian and last Finnish Civil War veteran Aarne Arvonen. Good luck guessing what they're talking about.

We have a new leader - in the world's biggest bull$hitter competition.

No, really....

I particularly like the symmetry of: "Mrs Amash has 10 children, 120 grandchildren, 250 great-grandchildren, and 30 great-great-grandchildren, according to relatives." This reminds me of the old nursery rhyme/riddle:

"As I was going to St Ives

I met a man with seven wives

And every wife had seven sacks

And every sack had seven cats

And every cat had seven kits

Kits, cats, sacks, wives"

How many were going to St Ives?

Answers to the riddle please, and let your conscience be your guide on not looking it up on Google, wiki, etc.

No, really....

I particularly like the symmetry of: "Mrs Amash has 10 children, 120 grandchildren, 250 great-grandchildren, and 30 great-great-grandchildren, according to relatives." This reminds me of the old nursery rhyme/riddle:

Answers to the riddle please, and let your conscience be your guide on not looking it up on Google, wiki, etc.

I might be missing the point but I'll say one, me, as the others aren't specified as going to St Ives.

While heading towards the Cornish coast, perhaps you met that bigamist fellow on the A30 just outside Launceston as he and his entourage were making their way to St Ives in Dorset to visit the Age Concern day centre for their 21-year celebrations? Or maybe you were headed there yourself; you seem the type, frankly.

Granted, it's quite a trip, but possibly they (and/or you) were travelling in an enormous horse-drawn carriage and leaned out of the window to say hello as they passed, which could be technically construed as a 'meeting'.

In which case, I believe 2,753 animate beings were on their way to St Ives.

Do I win £5?

If approaching St Ives, I would advise the man with seven wives not to go via the North Coast road through Hayle and Carbis Bay, the traffic can be awful, even out of season. However, it is well worth continuing westwards, towards Zennor and St Just, as that is one of the most beautiful stretches of road in England.

Thank you.

Alternatively, the

is possibly the most beautiful train journey in the UK. I'm not sure as to their regulations regarding the transport of livestock, feline or otherwise but you could ask here.

Japan's oldest person says Sayanora.

A unique DDP hit for All Nails in the Coffin if the news makes it to the UK. The fact that this notice is in English is a promising start.

A unique DDP hit for All Nails in the Coffin if the news makes it to the UK. The fact that this notice is in English is a promising start.

UK Obit

CP, any idea where a picture of this lady can be procured for DDP purposes?

UK Obit

CP, any idea where a picture of this lady can be procured for DDP purposes?

The Associated Press obituary has one of only I believe two pictures.

Indian longevity claimant, who claimed to be 114, Chajuram Bhardwaj dies.

Guest Guest

101-year-old rocker, agony aunt, ale drinker, chav-foiler and show-off Buster Martin is running the London Marathon. Rumours that Henry Allingham is joining him as the back end of a pantomime horse have yet to be corroborated.

'117-year-old' Varvara Semennikova has died. She was 'Russia's oldest person' and would have been the world's oldest by about five years. And that's the God's honest pravda.

I reckon them damn Commies are tryin' to restart the Old War and the Age Race.

One of Scotland's oldest grooms has died aged 96.

He got married in November last year at the age of...96. A bit od a sugar daddy given his bride was a mere 78 years old.

Arbella Ewing, a DDP pick, has died aged 114. This link has all the facts, plus a picture, which helps me big time because she was one of those I was missing.

As was Merv Wallace, strangely enough. Well no more - for either of them. Ewing, unlike Wallace, is yet to garner a suitable obituary.

Apologies - btw - for not being able to send the e-mails out after I updated the site yesterday - this is due to a fault with the server & is being fixed asap.

Arbella Ewing, a DDP pick, has died aged 114. This link has all the facts, plus a picture, which helps me big time because she was one of those I was missing.

As was Merv Wallace, strangely enough. Well no more - for either of them. Ewing, unlike Wallace, is yet to garner a suitable obituary.

Apologies - btw - for not being able to send the e-mails out after I updated the site yesterday - this is due to a fault with the server & is being fixed asap.

That's quite surprising. From being photographed around her 114 birthday (a couple months before I think - the picture has been on the front page of Robert Young's group for a while now), she looked like she could have passed for 80, and a healthy one at that.

Still, third in the world and oldest nowhere but Texas. I'd be surprised if she got national coverage in the United States, never mind the UK.

No, really....

Would the answer be different if the St Ives in question was the Northern Sydney suburb?

• Like 1