Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Canada's oldest person still living in the country, Margaret Fitzgerald, has died at the age of 113.

Every cloud, eh?

CPDP points for me/pour moi (if you're reading this in Quebec).

Online news source based in Canada reports it.

• Like 1

My colleague's Great Uncle Jack was a good age:

On Tuesday, October 13, 2009, peacefully, John Robert (Jack) aged 106 years. Dearly loved father, a much loved grandfather and great grandfather, a dear uncle. He will sadly missed by all his family and friends

On Tuesday, October 13, 2009, peacefully, John Robert (Jack) aged 106 years. Dearly loved father, a much loved grandfather and great grandfather, a dear uncle. He will sadly missed by all his family and friends

Never heard of him.

Never heard of him.

Was he on your DDP and has Ocky confirmed your post as a qualified UK obit?

Never heard of him.

Who is "Ocky" please excuse my ignorance.

I have four on my list:

Joss Ackland

Burt Trautman

Arnold Palmer

Michael Collins

Does anybody know their staus at the present time??

There is quite a lot of money riding on them.

Never heard of him.

I have four on my list:

Joss Ackland

Burt Trautman

Arnold Palmer

Michael Collins

I saw Joss Ackland on TV a few months ago and he looked alright..

Bert Trautmann I've not heard about for a while so he's probably the best bet

Arnold Palmer still gets around...

Michael Collins was killed in an ambush in County Cork in 1922...:devil:

No Michael Collins was born in 1930 - he is an astronaut

No Michael Collins was born in 1930 - he is an astronaut

Yes I know. It was a joke...

I have four on my list:

Joss Ackland

Burt Trautman

Arnold Palmer

Michael Collins

Ocky is an affectionate term around these parts for the eight legged entity who hails from Odstock.

Did you have a lot of money riding on your colleague's Great Uncle Jack then? Would that count as insider information? Oh and playing with a hand of 4 is a bit audacious when the rest of us struggle with 20!

I have four on my list:

Joss Ackland

Burt Trautman

Arnold Palmer

Michael Collins

Ocky is an affectionate term around these parts for the eight legged entity who hails from Odstock.

Did you have a lot of money riding on your colleague's Great Uncle Jack then? Would that count as insider information? Oh and playing with a hand of 4 is a bit audacious when the rest of us struggle with 20!

All still drawing breath, Trautmann - b.1923 - is the oldest but he still remains involved in his charitable foundation so - compared to many others discussed hereabouts - none of the four above are exactly low hanging fruit.

Trautmann Foundation: A familiarity with German will help if you want to read the pages.

Thank you for the input - no great Uncle Jack was not on the list it has to be celebrities i.e. film stars or sports personalities. We do not have any say in the matter we just pull names out of the bag and that is how I ended up with my four - one for each family member. If, however, you do not like who you pull out of the bag you can throw them back in when there is no money left in the kitty i.e. when somebody croaks, I suppose it sounds morbid there are a few people at work quite disgusted by our little "snuff club" as we call it but then the same people get quite envious when somebody wins a lot of money like last week when a colleague won £1,500 for Al Martino and the time before that it was £3,000. I have already thrown away Claire Rayner, Betty Boothroyd and Petula Clark in favour of the four I have got now and I am still wondereing whether to hang on to Michael Collins.

Please nobody tell me that the three I have thrown away are good candidates ?

Thank you for the input - no great Uncle Jack was not on the list it has to be celebrities i.e. film stars or sports personalities. We do not have any say in the matter we just pull names out of the bag and that is how I ended up with my four - one for each family member. If, however, you do not like who you pull out of the bag you can throw them back in when there is no money left in the kitty i.e. when somebody croaks, I suppose it sounds morbid there are a few people at work quite disgusted by our little "snuff club" as we call it but then the same people get quite envious when somebody wins a lot of money like last week when a colleague won £1,500 for Al Martino and the time before that it was £3,000. I have already thrown away Claire Rayner, Betty Boothroyd and Petula Clark in favour of the four I have got now and I am still wondereing whether to hang on to Michael Collins.

Blimey, there's a bit of money washing around your deadpool, isn't there?

And here's me doing it for the love of the game (jumpers for tombstones etc)....

How many people are in that ghoul pool? £1,500 prize? I have about 120 in mine and the most I've ever paid out was £680 odd.

Yes but we all pay £1 per week collected quarterly it used to be 50p so a lot dropped out, I can get the exact figures tomorrow but I reckon it is about 100

Yes but we all pay £1 per week collected quarterly it used to be 50p so a lot dropped out, I can get the exact figures tomorrow but I reckon it is about 100

Where is it you work again and do you have any jobs going?

We may have some redundancies going shortly

If you are interested you can join our morbid little club

How many people are in that ghoul pool? £1,500 prize? I have about 120 in mine and the most I've ever paid out was £680 odd.

I counted 123 members as of today

I just counted mine, 114. What a lot of sick bastards we are. :old:

Have you got a cat called Harold?

Just wondering.........or summat.

"Oldest ex-pat" Eric King-Turner has died aged 104.

I remember this guy being in the news when he emigrated to New Zealand at the age of 102. He managed to put up with the British weather for 102 years. Unfortunately as far as NZ goes, he could only manage a couple more.

Guest D.Daugh

How old are yr chins?

and I wonder who hv the oldest chins here?

Care to share?

My oldest is a standard grey and he is 5yrs old.

How old are yr chins?

Care to share?

What on earth are you talking about?

Seeing as your questions make no sense, you are are too lazy (or stupid) to put vowels in your words, then I do not care to share anything.

Now, start making sense or shut the fuck up Dervesia73, or D.Daugh or whichever supposed member you're going to be today.

How old are yr chins?

Care to share?

What on earth are you talking about?

Seeing as your questions make no sense, you are are too lazy (or stupid) to put vowels in your words, then I do not care to share anything.

Now, start making sense or shut the fuck up Dervesia73, or D.Daugh or whichever supposed member you're going to be today.

Chinchillas, of course!

Whilst I was there I prayed for my Chin. It was quite an experience for my Chin, and one that my Chin has pondered from time to time. I think my Chin would have loved the silence.

Now that the subject has somehow turned to our pets, I see a new series of incredibly boring threads looming: 'How old is your chin (?)/horse/dog/cat/toad/snake/spider/horse/aardvark/hamster" etcetera.

Olivia Patricia Thomas

"A 114-year-old woman believed to be the third-oldest person in the world has died at a nursing home near Buffalo, N.Y. ... in addition to being the third-oldest in the world, Thomas was the oldest person born in the United States"

• Like 1