Mr Stats

World's Oldest

I'm not talking about whether Mr. Breuning should be included in the Death List.

I know, I just used your remark as an anchor for my 2centtr.gif.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

I'm not talking about whether Mr. Breuning should be included in the Death List. Actually I would be opposed (if anyone should ask my opinion). I'm more concerned with the perception that only famous people have achieved anything "important". Did an individual love someone? Did people love him/her? Did the person have children that were raised to responsible, loving adults? Did the person touch the lives of others in a positive way? These questions (and many more of the same ilk) are much more important (to me, anyway) in regard to whether or not a person has achieved anything "important". I'll get off the soapbox now.

Okay, I agree, though I was only talking about the man doing any noteworthy obit-wise - which he certainly didn't. Everyone has a role to perform in his life, at least for his own family, his wife or his colleagues.

I, for one, will surely be remembered for my egg-baking skills, my extensive stamp collection and (by the missus) for my extraordinary marital skills.

Connie Brown MBE, who was still working in her chip shop until last week, has died aged 102.

Connie Brown MBE, who was still working in her chip shop until last week, has died aged 102.

She was even mentioned at the website of the dutch national broadcast NOS... They fell for the cool nick: "The Codmother", I suppose.

Maggie Renfro, who was the 4th oldest person in the World, has died.

And is consigned to the list of the missed as she wasn't picked in this years DDP despite being picked before...

Rosa Rein is no more.

She was No.13 on the "world's oldest" list, Switzerland's oldest person AND could claim to be the oldest person born in Germany AND Poland, having been born in Dzietzkowitz/Dziećkowice which was at that time part of Germany but is now in Poland. Stay awake at the back!

Guest Guest
Very encouraging to see a Canadian news report of a totally American oldster. They also mention Canadian born Mary Josephine Ray, a week younger than the deceased, and clearly within the sites of an online news source based in Canada when she carks.

Actually it says Mary Josephine Ray is a week younger than China's Kama Chinen who is the current oldest person.

Dead. http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?he...43-42ad51869efe

The world's oldest African-American, Daisey Bailey has died aged 113. She was the world's 4th oldest person following the death of Mary J. Ray (for all of 20 hours).

An online news source based in Canada reports the demise of Mary Josephine Ray.

Mary-Josephine-Ray-cp-82787.jpg

MJR salutes MPFC points in CPDP, or summat.

One half of Britain's oldest set of twins has died aged 102.

Twin dies.

Quite interesting as one of my friend's grandmother and her sister turned 100 last year. Could they now be Britain's oldest twins (assuming they are both still alive).

One half of Britain's oldest set of twins has died aged 102.

Twin dies.

Quite interesting as one of my friend's grandmother and her sister turned 100 last year. Could they now be Britain's oldest twins (assuming they are both still alive).

Best you look into it Windy. You may be on the ball.

A Guinnesss Book of Records official is off to Israel to "formalize 115-year-old David Pur's title as the oldest living man on earth."

A Guinnesss Book of Records official is off to Israel to "formalize 115-year-old David Pur's title as the oldest living man on earth."

A new claim for world's oldest person.

A 130 year old Georgian called Antisa Khvichava.

Going back to the twins, I spoke to my friend last night and both her grandmother and great aunt are still alive and will turn 101 on their next birthday. Don't know if the family will take it further or not.

Jane Gilsenan, New York City's {now former} oldest resident, has submitted her resignation from Earthy life at age 111

Jane Gilsenan, McKinley era babe, born the year that the creation of bottlecaps and galoshes sparked the Spanish American War

City's oldest resident has died.

At 111, Jane (Jenny) Gilsenan died Monday where she lived, at the Our Lady of Presentation convent in Woodrow, Staten Island.

Born May 8, 1898, on Amsterdam Ave., Gilsenan's parents were Irish immigrants who raised six children in an upper West Side apartment.

Gilsenan worked as a secretary, an art buyer and a paralegal over the years.

She never married or had children of her own, but put lots of time into sewing christening outfits and making holidays special for dozens of nieces, nephews and other relatives.

"She was sharp, all the way up to Sunday night," said one niece, Marie Rangaswamy, 50, of Red Bank, N.J.

Gilsenan was an opinionated woman who loved tending houseplants and reading fact books and murder mysteries.

"She always said if you can read, you'll never be lonely," Rangaswamy said.

She told the Staten Island Advance that eating small portions and skipping junk food helped preserve her life.

It was also important, she said, to never take yourself too seriously and remember that there's always someone else worse off.

A funeral was held yesterday in Staten Island, and she was buried in Queens.

The country's oldest resident also died this week at 114. Mary Josephine Ray passed early Sunday in Westmoreland, N.H.

The oldest person in the U.S. is now Neva Morris, 114, of Ames, Iowa

Right.

This and this would suggest that they are Britain's oldest twins (presuming there isn't an unknown set out there).

Mystery solved.

I know Mrs Ritchie's granddaughter.

This and this would suggest that they are Britain's oldest twins (presuming there isn't an unknown set out there).

Mystery solved.

Are we to presume that one of or both of Ivy Shermer and Olive Tucker, former DDP picks, have died since 2007, when they were featured in the papers? They were both born in 1909 as well?

Probably they are dead like Trudi Endersby, but no-one has reported it, and now they've scrapped online death records, it's hard to check.

Mystery solved.

Are we to presume that one of or both of Ivy Shermer and Olive Tucker, former DDP picks, have died since 2007, when they were featured in the papers? They were both born in 1909 as well?

Probably they are dead like Trudi Endersby, but no-one has reported it, and now they've scrapped online death records, it's hard to check.

Its a good job I didn't contact Guiness then. :deathban:

I've had a look thorough online obituaries but I can't see any mention of them there.

The oldest person in the U.S. is now Neva Morris, 114, of Ames, Iowa

Update on the health of Neva Morris: She's dead.

Kama Chinen, formerly the world's oldest person, is now dead. Obits only in Japanese now, but I'm sure they'll come in English by the end of the day.

Eugénie Blanchard of France now holds the title.

Last three deaths counting for Deathrace points, can anyone spot a pattern here?

3 Mar Michael Foot – hj, lb, pp, sg, ti - 303

3 Apr Eugene Terreblanche - sg - 272

3 May Kama Chinen – ej, mp 242

Kama Chinen, formerly the world's oldest person, is now dead. Obits only in Japanese now, but I'm sure they'll come in English by the end of the day.

Eugénie Blanchard of France now holds the title.

Obit from the Telegraph.

Florrie Baldwin

Europe, and Britain's oldest person has died aged 114.

Feel free to resurrect the topic of whether Guadeloupe resident Eugenie Blanchard qualifies as European. Florrie was the "oldest living person in Europe". Italian Venere Pizzinato (born 23 November 1896) now takes on that mantle.

• Like 1