Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Guest Guest

Spanish papers reporting death of Leandra Lumbreras at 127, waiting for a UK obVVit though.

she's not verified so she doesn't count. Please only report the deaths of VERIFIED oldest people from now on. Thank you

Spanish papers reporting death of Leandra Lumbreras at 127, waiting for a UK obVVit though.

she's not verified so she doesn't count. Please only report the deaths of VERIFIED oldest people from now on. Thank you

Does this topic require certification, or is that only for Guests?

• Like 3

Guest Guest

We all know she wasn't 127 years old so why waste time with the story? The oldest verified person in history was 122 so what are the chances this woman was 127?

Verified does not equal absolute. It just means the person comes from a country with better record keeping.

She was very old either way (c.115 at the youngest if she did work with Pancho Villas as the Mexican government suggest in the Mail obit), and clearly obitable for the people who go for the old.

• Like 1

Wow Guesty you seem so touchy lately. Are you OK?

• Like 1

I think the verification was too much red tape for her.

• Like 1

We all know she wasn't 127 years old so why waste time with the story? The oldest verified person in history was 122 so what are the chances this woman was 127?

Depending on which demographic research you fancy, approximately 1:106,000,000,000. Or was that fucking rhetorical?

SirC

• Like 1

Don't know about the porridge, but I suppose avoiding men is a useful survival strategy. Dangerous lot, that.

Don't know about the porridge, but I suppose avoiding men is a useful survival strategy. Dangerous lot, that.

She's died, Jessie Gallan at 109. http://news.stv.tv/north/315288-scotlands-oldest-woman-jessie-gallan-dies-at-the-age-of-109/

She's died, Jessie Gallan at 109. http://news.stv.tv/north/315288-scotlands-oldest-woman-jessie-gallan-dies-at-the-age-of-109/

Maybe the secret to a long life is avoiding interviews.

• Like 3

Maybe the secret to a long life is avoiding interviews.

Or at least interviewers.

• Like 2

Guest Guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aye.

• Like 2

Couldn't she have waited? She's robbed us of so many 118-118 jokes...

I've no idea the 118-118 jokes you refer to Dr Z

SirC

Guest Guest

PS that reduces the number of people born in the 1800s to 4 and living Victorians to 9. Gertrude Weaver of the USA is now the worlds oldest person , just 4 months younger than Misao Okawa !

I've no idea the 118-118 jokes you refer to Dr Z

SirC

Neither do I

• Like 2