Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Guest awesome guest

You can never be sure when they die once they become a supercentrian.

Fun Fact: While Gertrude Weaver only held the title for 5 days, Emma Tillman only held it for 4 (in January 2007, I believe).

There have been cases - one fairly recently but I can't recall exactly when - of the world's oldest title being surrendered by someone who remained alive; because another claiment was proven to be genuinely older. That's less and less likely to happen with better record keeping from the end of the 19th century.

• Like 2

Fun Fact: While Gertrude Weaver only held the title for 5 days, Emma Tillman only held it for 4 (in January 2007, I believe).

There have been cases - one fairly recently but I can't recall exactly when - of the world's oldest title being surrendered by someone who remained alive; because another claiment was proven to be genuinely older. That's less and less likely to happen with better record keeping from the end of the 19th century.

That would be Maria Gomes Valentim (9 July 1896 - 21 June 2011), who was discovered to be the world's oldest person after the title was given to Eunice Sanborn (20 July 1896 - 31 January 2011) and later to Besse Cooper (26 August 1896 - 4 December 2012), who later had the title anyway.

That would be Maria Gomes Valentim (9 July 1896 - 21 June 2011), who was discovered to be the world's oldest person after the title was given to Eunice Sanborn (20 July 1896 - 31 January 2011) and later to Besse Cooper (26 August 1896 - 4 December 2012), who later had the title anyway.

"Bloody hell* you guys are professionals!"

*Ron Weasley

• Like 1

"Bloody hell* you guys are professionals!"

*Ron Weasley

Hell yeah, keep hitting on the site, we're paid by the volume of traffic!

• Like 1

Guest Guest

You mean they allready look as if they're dead?

You mean they allready look as if they're dead?

Yes, supercentenarians are barely fogging up a mirror anyway.

Now attention focuses on Jeralean Talley:

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/worlds.oldest.person.jeralean.talley.credits.her.long.life.to.gods.will/51603.htm

It does sound like she'll be around for a while though. She still goes to church regularly and cares for her great-great-grandson.

^LOL! wtf?

Anyway, despite my previous tasteless joke about her I'm sure she's probably quite personable and nice. But it's true a lot of her photos do make her look like a black, female version of Abe Simpson who's just found out from HuffPo about her culture being stolen by white gay men.

Seems like a c*nt

jeralean-talley.jpg?w=380&h=262&l=50&t=4

Has she ever been photographed with Robert Mugabe? Just asking, like...

Guest awesome guest

Seems like a c*nt

jeralean-talley.jpg?w=380&h=262&l=50&t=4

Has she ever been photographed with Robert Mugabe? Just asking, like...

she is probably his mom.

Nguyen Thi Tru, a vietnamese woman who claims to be 122 years old, is she a new contender?

http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/122yearold-vietnamese-named-oldest-woman-in-the-world-42532.html

Possibly not, unless she was able to give birth at age 50...

...but if she is, she wins a million dollars:

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/27692/122yearold-vietnamese-named-worlds-oldest-woman-likely-to-claim-1mn-prize

Edit: Awesome guest, I'd really like to like your post...

Guest Guest

But then again, bringing up the Victorian era is only relevant to the lady with the multicolored name: Violet Brown. The rest not so much.

well we started the Victorian countdown so we might as well finish it now.That's about half of the remaining ones gone already this year.There were 13 left on jan 1st so it shouldn't be long now before they're all gone..

The (now former) oldest woman in France and second oldest in Europe, Olympe Amaury, reported dead at 113. http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.ouest-france.fr/doyenne-des-francais-olympe-amaury-est-decedee-114-ans-3403875&prev=search

She is now replaced by Eudoxie Baboul on the list of validated supercentenarians.

The two oldest identical twins are now both dead:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3099496/World-s-oldest-identical-twins-lived-two-world-wars-pass-away-weeks-apart-age-103.html

This obit counts for both of them, so there's a lucky guy in the DDP with 2 unique hits.

• Like 1

The two oldest identical twins are now both dead:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3099496/World-s-oldest-identical-twins-lived-two-world-wars-pass-away-weeks-apart-age-103.html

This obit counts for both of them, so there's a lucky guy in the DDP with 2 unique hits.

THEY DIED ON THE SAME DAY? THATS SPOOKY !

READ THE STORY YOU FUCKING RETARD. They died within WEEKS of each other.

• Like 1