Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Kane Tanaka, oldest person in the world, is now 117 years and 100 days. Quite impressive. She is now only 37 days younger than Mrs Morano was at the time of her death. 

• Like 2

Masters athlete Stanisław Kowalski today graduates from the 100 Club to become a supercentenarian:birthday2:

He became Poland's oldest man in March 2018, so understandably he's getting widespread coverage today in their media.

Still got nothing on our Bob though. :wub:

• Like 5

The 'rona kills 111-year old Chinese-Canadian woman Foon Hay Lum, who becomes the oldest victim.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Also I report the death of Don Fanning, aged 109. Probably the oldest  living Freemason (Walter Breuning was the oldest Freemason ever).

• Like 2

Looking at the 2018 ONS Stats and apparently someone died in the UK in 2018 aged 117.  No gender given.

Was it a case of someone probably younger but no records so went down as 117 or an error or a secret record holder.

8 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Looking at the 2018 ONS Stats and apparently someone died in the UK in 2018 aged 117.  No gender given.

Was it a case of someone probably younger but no records so went down as 117 or an error or a secret record holder.

If they’re born abroad and emigrate here and the only record of their birth is their passport or an ID card, the relevant authorities just go with it. Eg Karam Chand or whatever he’s called. Also Fauja Singh will be down as 1911. Truth is they’re almost certainly younger but in the absence of a birth record, they’re recorded in the ONS with what they can present.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If they’re born abroad and emigrate here and the only record of their birth is their passport or an ID card, the relevant authorities just go with it. Eg Karam Chand or whatever he’s called. Also Fauja Singh will be down as 1911. Truth is they’re almost certainly younger but in the absence of a birth record, they’re recorded in the ONS with what they can present.

Still you would think it pop up in the press.

I imagine this phenomenon will slowly die out as countries tended to add birth records.

20 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Your not valid record holder unless you have a valid birth certificate. 

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 14:46, The Watcher said:

The oldest British woman is bizarrely exactly the same age as Bob Weighton at 111 years 333 days. Up to about a year ago Bob Weighton & another British man were joint oldest men in the UK & used to exchange birthday cards until the other gentleman died. The 3rd oldest Briton is Violet Davies-Evans who is only a day younger at 111 years 332 days!

Violet Davies-Evans has, as you say, relinquished any hope of becoming the UK's oldest: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-second-oldest-woman-who-21990981

• Like 2

On 01/03/2020 at 03:41, JeffreyTheSuperSnail said:

I think he has a great shot at becoming the oldest man ever.

I also envy his hairline.

EDIT: Here's a video interview of him taken recently: 

This healthy glowing motherfucker is 112??? I have SHAGGED men who look older than this

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Not very old considering that's three entire western countries, is it?

Bob Weighton is shitting over everyone. May he live to 122 and see out that French bint.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Not very old considering that's three entire western countries, is it?

Bob Weighton is shitting over everyone. May he live to 122 and see out that French bint.

That'll be amazing, with him being male that's very wishful thinking.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Spain's oldest living person Maria Branyas Morera becomes the oldest known person to survive COVID-19 at the age of 113.

Corona virus is well and truly on the ropes now.It''ll probably just give up out of embarrassment soon ! 

Kane Tanaka now has the same age with Emma Morano. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Donald said:

Kane Tanaka now has the same age with Emma Morano. 

She is determined to live to at least 120, which I think is brilliant. Finally a bit of competition amongst the super-centenarians where beforehand they're usually like 'oh I don't care'.

I'd love to see someone else hit the 120s. Even better if she manages to beat Jeanne Calment's record of 122, even though that is very wishful thinking. Would just be nice to witness the oldest person ever in my lifetime.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

She is determined to live to at least 120, which I think is brilliant. Finally a bit of competition amongst the super-centenarians where beforehand they're usually like 'oh I don't care'.

I'd love to see someone else hit the 120s. Even better if she manages to beat Jeanne Calment's record of 122, even though that is very wishful thinking. Would just be nice to witness the oldest person ever in my lifetime.

You think she can reach 120 or more ? That’s seems really complicated to me... however, When she dies, Lucille Randon will be the oldest person alive. She’s french so I would be more interested to see her reach 120 than Kane Tanaka tbh 

I think she will die this year (from a statistic point of view because only two people became older than 117, but 5 people died at 117 (of course statistics are there to be broken)) but she will at least reach Violet Browns age.

• Like 1

Just now, Prophet said:

I think she will die this year (from a statistic point of view because only two people became older than 117, but 5 people died at 117 (of course statistics are there to be broken)) but she will at least reach Violet Browns age.

from a statistical point of view she cant die next year, because no one ever died at age 118

• Like 2