Sign in to follow this  
Guest IYG

J. D. Salinger

Im beating myself up right now. All the superstitious signs were pointing to it. #1. Ive always noticed that big celebrities all usually seem to die in groups by common last name initials (R,S)(Roberts, Rubinstein, Simmons) So I was thinking of who's last name starts with R or S. My sister also asked me if I was reading "Catcher in the Rye" for class the day before. DAMN. I really have to pay attention. It wouldve been really nice to have my RottenDP picks locked in with 2 already safe.

i think someone has kind mentioned it in the above posts, but i read somewhere when he dies they can legally make a catcher in the rye movie. sounds great wonder if it will be set in the books time frame or it will be set in present day.

i think someone has kind mentioned it in the above posts, but i read somewhere when he dies they can legally make a catcher in the rye movie. sounds great wonder if it will be set in the books time frame or it will be set in present day.

I thought you had to wait like 100 or 75 years.

I thought you had to wait like 100 or 75 years.

i hope not i'll be dead by then lol . maybe his estate will be sold or passed on to his children who will sell the rights. He is an interesting character salinger would love to read a biography of him one day as well.

Im beating myself up right now. All the superstitious signs were pointing to it. #1. Ive always noticed that big celebrities all usually seem to die in groups by common last name initials (R,S)(Roberts, Rubinstein, Simmons) So I was thinking of who's last name starts with R or S. My sister also asked me if I was reading "Catcher in the Rye" for class the day before. DAMN. I really have to pay attention. It wouldve been really nice to have my RottenDP picks locked in with 2 already safe.

Sod CITR, it looks like you need to focus more in science, stats, logic etc. Then perhaps you wouldn't come out with nonsensical claptrap. However, you seem young, so there's time yet to realise what is and is not phony.

Im not hung up on superstition. Im just saying. It seems things like that are always happening to me.

"When J.D. Salinger buys the farm, I wonder if they will finally be able to make a movie out of 'The Catcher in the Rye'?"

I asked this January 16th. It seems ironic that the feller died so quickly. I read the book and liked it. Will it be a movie? :P

"When J.D. Salinger buys the farm, I wonder if they will finally be able to make a movie out of 'The Catcher in the Rye'?"

I asked this January 16th. It seems ironic that the feller died so quickly. I read the book and liked it. Will it be a movie? :P

Yes, because dosh speaks and Salinger doesn't any more.

Holy moly, that's 3 deaths in one month for my list (2 in one day). And, now that my hopes are up, I probably won't have another hit for the rest of the year. :P

Holy moly, that's 3 deaths in one month for my list (2 in one day). And, now that my hopes are up, I probably won't have another hit for the rest of the year. :P

Excellent start...I think you will miss not having Mr. Hopper but you are on fire. :flame:

Wanna buy his crapper? It's yours for a measly $1,000,000.

regards,

Hein

It comes "uncleaned and in its original condition", the ad for it states.

FFS!!

Who needs a celebrity relic this badly?

It comes "uncleaned and in its original condition", the ad for it states.

FFS!!

Who needs a celebrity relic this badly?

I can understand why someone might try and sell Elvis Pressley's toilet for $1,000,000, but not his.