honez

Schapelle Corby

Yeah, but she is kind of hot though. I wonder if the same fuss'd be made if she was four stone heavier et al.

I think you are right, had she looked like Waynetta Slob then no-one would really have given a toss but as she is a pretty girl, with big doey eyes and a nice pair of thru'pennies then a lot more people are interested.

If she is as guilty as a previous post suggest, then lock her up, throw a video-camera in the cell and let's see a bit of girl-on-girl Asian/Australasian action.....or is that just me?!

The reality is that Shapelle Corby’s trial, conviction and sentence has brought a lot of bad publicity to Indonesia at a time when they can ill-afford to lose money from a tourism boycott by Australia. They are still recovering from the tsunami and the Bali bombing.

I feel that they are probably right now having discussions with Australia to quietly release her once all the publicity dies down. It would be a travesty of justice if she ends up serving 20 years for drug possession while the terrorist who masterminded the bombing of the Bali resort that killed hundreds of people, was sentenced to only 18 months.

It would be a travesty of justice if she ends up serving 20 years for drug possession while the terrorist who masterminded the bombing of the Bali resort that killed hundreds of people, was sentenced to only 18 months.

That's the first sensible comment I've read in this thread.

regards,

Hein

Yeah, but she is kind of hot though. I wonder if the same fuss'd be made if she was four stone heavier et al.

I think you are right, had she looked like Waynetta Slob then no-one would really have given a toss but as she is a pretty girl, with big doey eyes and a nice pair of thru'pennies then a lot more people are interested.

If she is as guilty as a previous post suggest, then lock her up, throw a video-camera in the cell and let's see a bit of girl-on-girl Asian/Australasian action.....or is that just me?!

Does anyone have a link to a decent pic of the said bits....?

below is a link with a pic. I'd hardly call her hot, or even kind of hot, from this photo, but anyway. Her story about 4+ pounds of weed being planted in her luggage by an airport worker in Brisbane for retrieval by a different airport worker in Bali sounds dubious at best (especially given she connected in Sydney), although 20 years/death penalty does seem a little harsh. She should have watched Midnight Express first......

http://www.usp.com.au/fpss/news-indonesia37.html

• Like 1

below is a link with a pic.  I'd hardly call her hot, or even kind of hot, from this photo, but anyway.

Ronnie, to be fair she's in Bali and it's hot and humid, she's in jail and possibly not feeling her greatest. I also doubt that her agent is vetting her press beforehand. Friday night down the pub, in glad rags and make up (her, not me), and being the customary six sheets to the wind she'd look pretty good to my former unmarried self.

Don't get me wrong, anyone stupid enough to take 4kgs of pot somewhere it grows wild deserves shooting. Shooting? Maybe 20 years of her life. No that's a bit harsh, um...

What should the penalty for stupidity be?

For those wishing to google for pictures of her to see if she is hot or not, the problem seems to be that this thread has the wrong spelling of her name. Try Schapelle Corby. Plenty more results are then available.

HTH

DWB ;)

• Like 1

What should the penalty for stupidity be?

Normally stupidity creates its own punishment, which varies quite a bit in severity. See the Darwin Awards for one extreme.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

According to the CNN report

Even actor Russell Crowe has jumped in, asking how his government could let Corby "rot away in a foreign prison."

Maybe the Oz Government should be sending Russ on the diplomatic mission to free her...with 4kgs of shiny telephones in his luggage... ;)

• Like 1

For those wishing to google for pictures of her to see if she is hot or not, the problem seems to be that this thread has the wrong spelling of her name. Try Schapelle Corby. Plenty more results are then available.

HTH

DWB ;)

Her sister's called Mercedes. Why do parents inflict bizarre names on their offspring?

Regards

Josco (Not my real name!)

• Like 1

Her sister's called Mercedes. Why do parents inflict bizarre names on their offspring?

Josco, you have to bear in mind that although Daimler-Chrysler is a large corporation with which people associate the Mercedes Brand, the original Mercedes was named after the daughter of Emil Jellinek.

I think that was a large enough helping of pedantism for today.....

;)

• Like 1

[T]he original Mercedes was named after the daughter of Emil Jellinek.

From A Fish Called Wanda we know that Archie Leach named his daugther after another German car brand. For a third one there is Opal Houston.

Are you sure?

regards,

Hein

Josco, you have to bear in mind that although Daimler-Chrysler is a large corporation with which people associate the Mercedes Brand, the original Mercedes was named after the daughter of Emil Jellinek.

;)

You are quite right, and as something of a 'petrolhead' I was aware of the history of the name Mercedes, but it was a particularly German or Austrian name. Like Adolf, but not as common.

As an adjunct, could Sir George White have named the Bristol Aircraft Company after his wife's assets?

well, even with all the pics that come up on Google with the correct spelling of her name, she looks no better than a grown up version of Stacey off Eastenders

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/backstage/...t_lacey_t.shtml

I know the Aussies keep all the good-looking women back home and send the munters to London, and clearly this policy also applies to their drug mules.

• Like 1

Well, thanks for the pic. Sorry I asked really. Makes you wonder what the chavs round here would look like if we hadn't sent a chunk of the gene pool to the other side of the world...

• Like 1

Which got me wondering, why is phonetic not spelled "fonetik?"

Good point... Why is dyslexic so hard to spell?

And why is "abbreviation" such a long word?

Schapelle Corby's trial reopens

The trial has reopened of an Australian woman sentenced to 20 years in a Bali jail for drugs smuggling, but key witnesses have failed to appear.

Guest natsdad

The trial has now finished and yes Shapelle will have to endure twenty years in an Indonesian jail.Think about it all you people out there who may be interested in the justice of this.Justice was not served in this case and we are poorer because of this.Ask yourself why the F**k would someone smuggle drugs into Bali when they are worth far more in Australia.It's not rocket science now is it?

why the F**k would someone smuggle drugs into Bali when they are worth far more in Australia. It's not rocket science now is it?

Nope: It's 20 years.

• Like 1

why the F**k would someone smuggle drugs into Bali when they are worth far more in Australia. It's not rocket science now is it?

Nope: It's 20 years.

And then there is Hanlon's razor.

regards,

Hein

Guest missy

Peculiar... there seems to be more interest in how to pronounce 'gaol' than what really happened to Shapelle Corby. Anyway...the i can tell you guys first hand from an Aussie girl...the reason the case is such big news is because it's so fricking obivous she is innocent it makes people incredulous that the Indos are keeping her prisoner. Just in case you were interested...

Peculiar... there seems to be more interest in how to pronounce 'gaol' than what really happened to Shapelle Corby. Anyway...the i can tell you guys first hand from an Aussie girl...the reason the case is such big news is because it's so fricking obivous she is innocent it makes people incredulous that the Indos are keeping her prisoner. Just in case you were interested...

Take a tip from the British Army then mate, send the troops in, drive an armoured personnel carrier through the jail, resuce the girlie (in an A-Team style).

Wait a couple of weeks say sorry and expect your partners in peace and security to be happy with idea....