Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Australia's Dr Death

An inquiry is underway into the suspicious deaths of 87 patients in Australia under the care of Dr Jayant Patel.

The doctor, dubbed "Dr Death" by colleagues, worked in Queensland's regional Bundaberg Hospital, in Australia.

The inquiry has heard that the director of surgery turned off a woman's life support ventilator because he needed the bed the patient was in.

Patel was director of surgery at Queensland's regional Bundaberg Hospital in 2003-04, despite negligence findings against him in two US states that resulted in restrictions on his medical licence there.

Patel left Australia in March, 2005. His whereabouts are unknown.

Bundaberg Hospital's head intensive care nurse, Toni Hoffman, told the inquiry in Brisbane that hospital staff had tried to hide patients from Patel, whom they nicknamed "Dr Death" because of his botched surgery.

:rolleyes:;););)

The inquiry has heard that the director of surgery turned off a woman's life support ventilator because he needed the bed the patient was in.

Why was the bed so despratley needed?

Urgh. ;)

Distubing, that.

regards,

Hein

Strange, i was in Austrlaia earlier this year...... and returned from Australia in mid March 2005!!!! (hence why my posting stopped for a a while earlier this year)

Strange, i was in Austrlaia earlier this year...... and returned from Australia in mid March 2005!!!! (hence why my posting stopped for a a while earlier this year)

You weren't helping out as an intern at Bundaberg hospital were you? :D

I was in Queenlands at the time!!!!! But i was south of Bundaburg, in Noosa.

Nice neck of the woods, Noosa. (A bit of gallows humour there) :D

Maybe the doc wanted a nap?