Guest Chewie

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue Radio 4

Guest Chewie

I was just looking for the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy page on Radio 4 and I spotted the cast for I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. One of my fave shows but the cast too like potential worm fodder.

Old Humph is looking particularly frail...

I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue

What do you vultures think.

Hugs & Kisses

Chewie

He 's been looking frail for a while. It'll be a sad day when he dies, but it hasn't stopped me putting him on my dead pool lists

• Like 1

This could (and probably has or will) be posted in several other threads, but Humphrey Lyttelton has died, according to his personal website.

This could (and probably has or will) be posted in several other threads, but Humphrey Lyttelton has died, according to his personal website.

That seems a fairly good source, and if so it's a great shame. rip2.gif

A tremendous shame. I saw him in concert only in March, and although noticeably older, he was still as active & enjoyable as ever.

But heart surgery at 86 is always going to be complicated & I did fear that surgery might be too much for him.

As I said, a real shame. He brought many happy hours into our home (or at the civic hall last month). :rolleyes:

EDIT:

BBC Link

Sad, sad day. Monday evenings just won't be the same.

Mournington Crescent...

That seems a fairly good source, and if so it's a great shame. :rip:

Edit: for what lyttel it's worth, wiki are also reporting it.

Note to Vaagheid: this is and always will be in essence a Brit site, and people like Humph will always be of more interest than any Geerds, Piets or Johanns. Sorry, mate.

'Wiki' is not short for 'Wikipedia'.

:rolleyes:

Shouldn't the subtitle of this thread now read 'a little bit on the deaddery side'?

Mournington Crescent...

I'm sorry, I haven't a life

The reading of Humph's will was an emotional occasion: Even Samantha had tears in her eyes when she recieved his horn. She said it was a long time coming but it still made her choke.

• Like 1

:)

I am saddened that my only selection has now died.

The words of one funeral durge to the tune of another.

Chewie

It's been months since I did a list. So the heck, up to the end of the last series, here's a list of the team members, ordered by age. Dead Participants at the top.

Dead: Willie Rushton; John Junkin; Kenny Everett; Linda Smith; Victoria Wood: Jeremy Hardy; Tim Brooke-Taylor; Barry Cryer; Jo Kendall; Denise Coffey; Bill Tidy

John Cleese (b. 1939)

Bill Oddie (b. 1941)

Max Boyce (b. 1943)

Graeme Garden (b. 1943)

Jonathan Lynn (b. 1943)

Mike Harding (b. 1944)

Pam Ayres (b. 1947)

Andy Hamilton (b. 1954)

Fred MacAulay (b. 1956)

Jo Brand (b. 1957)

Stephen Fry (b. 1957)

Paul Merton (b. 1957)

Jan Ravens (b. 1958)

Sandi Toksvig (b. 1958)

Tony Hawks (b. 1960)

Caroline Quentin (b. 1960)

Jack Dee (b. 1961)

Rory Bremner (b. 1961)

Neil Mullarkey (b. 1961)

Vicki Pepperdine (b. 1961)

Rev. Richard Coles (b. 1962)

Phill Jupitus (b. 1962)

Harry Hill (b. 1964)

Milton Jones (b. 1964)

Bill Bailey (b. 1965)

Rob Brydon (b. 1965)

Omid Djalili (b. 1965)

Jon Culshaw (b. 1968)

Lee Mack (b. 1968)

Richard Osman (b. 1970)

Marcus Brigstocke (b. 1973)

Lucy Porter (b. 1973)

Kerry Godliman (b. 1973)

Susan Calman (b. 1974)

David Mitchell (b. 1974)

Henning Wehn (b. 1974)

Ross Noble (b. 1976)

John Finnemore (b. 1977)

Miles Jupp (b. 1979)

Pippa Evans (b. 1982)

Rachel Parris (b. 1984)

*Note: Edited as at 15 December 2023 for Series 80.

• Like 3

Barry Cryer has been the same age for the last 40 years - does anyone know which attic his portrait is stashed in so we can study form?

• Like 4

Susan Calman quoteR.gifcomedianquoteL.gif

When listening a few days ago, I noticed that Graeme Garden, virtually ever present on the show since 1972, was no longer on the panel.  According to Wikipedia he's actually been absent since January last year and a bit more googling mentions he had to cancel a festival appearance earlier this year due to a "stubborn chest infection". Then I found this message from the man himself on a Goodies fansite.

Many thanks to well-wishers. I had to cut back performing this last year but am still writing, contributing and hoping to be back soon

But he doesn't seem to have made a public appearance for a while, so he could have some significant health issues.  Garden does have a Twitter account and he may give away some clues there.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

When listening a few days ago, I noticed that Graeme Garden, virtually ever present on the show since 1972, was no longer on the panel.  According to Wikipedia he's actually been absent since January last year and a bit more googling mentions he had to cancel a festival appearance earlier this year due to a "stubborn chest infection". Then I found this message from the man himself on a Goodies fansite.

But he doesn't seem to have made a public appearance for a while, so he could have some significant health issues.  Garden does have a Twitter account and he may give away some clues there.  

Fair play Tractor Tyre Eater, again, you are on the ball.

Every time the phone goes in Barry Cryer's house, he must go "Who has died now?".

• Like 1

Barry Cryer crossed over the road on a zebra crossing when I was driving just before Christmas. He looked ok for his age. 

• Like 1

On 08/20/2017 at 00:13, DevonDeathTrip said:

His son JJ is in the Scissor Sisters.

Bound to have social media so worth having a look.

[Barry Cryer] Getting on. 85. Missing a lot of "I am sorry I haven't a clue" episodes. Noticeable by his absence.  Basically on his last legs.

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
New Barry Cryer thread merged with perfectly suitable thread which has existed for the last thirteen years!

Still looking exactly the same as he did in 1976...

• Like 1

Busy attending funerals and giving tributes to those we have lost...

So the exact health issue that sparked this thread is...age?

• Like 2