IKYWN

Brian Harvey - E17 to 6 Feet Under?

Ex - East 17 singer Brain Harvey is in a bad way

Singer Brian Harvey is in a critical condition in an east London hospital after he fell under the wheels of his own car, police have said.

That excuse is going to cause some merriment at the Pearly Gates if he pops off pver this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4597607.stm

• Like 1

Ooooooooo!!! That was close, beat you by a minute in the near miss thread

Guest iain

Former East 17 star Brian Harvey was said to be close to death after a freak 'accident' when he was crushed by his owb car.Hes allready survived 2 suicide attempts this year. but this is much more serious..hes said to have multiple internal injuries.The guys obviously very disturbed..his death may be a blessing in disguise.

(Merged with existing topic - Teddy)

Chorus:

Baby if you've got to go away

I don't think

I can take the pain

Won't you stay another day

Oh, don't leave me alone like this

Don't say it's the final kiss

Don't you know

We've come too far now

Just to go

And try to throw it all away

Thought I heard you say

You love me

That your love was gonna be here to stay

I've only just begun

To know you

All I can say is

Won't you stay just one more day

Chorus:

I don't think

I can take the pain

I touch your face while you are sleeping

And hold your hand

Don't understend what's going on

Good times we had return

To haunt me

Though it's for you

All that I do seem to be wrong

Chorus:

I don't think

I can take the pain

I'm still having trouble trying to understand how he managed to run himself over. Can anyone provide diagrams?

I'm still having trouble trying to understand how he managed to run himself over. Can anyone provide diagrams?

I think he fell out of the car, while it was in motion. Which is quite an achievement really.

So, he fell out of his car and then in to its path? Does anyone think he may have been under the influence of any intoxicating subtances?

Incidentally, he "has briefly regained consciousness" and recognises his own name ("which is a good sign"). His agent offers this as an excuse: "It looks as if Brian was reversing down the road with his door open, looking out to see where he was going, and the door hit a parked car which sent his car out of control, somehow he was thrown from the vehicle and crushed."

His agent says "he suffered from a broken leg, six breaks to the pelvis, his abdominal area was pushed very high into his chest, they had to drain his lungs yesterday and there was also damage to his ribs" and his leg was "broken so badly that it was turned completely in the opposite direction". I always preferred Tony Mortimer anyway.

if only he was as good at writing pop songs as he was at driving over himself he might have made more of a success in his original career. Actually, he wasn't even the "talented" one in E17, was he? With that ugly mug, stupid haircut (and browcut) and painful-looking facial piercings, he was obviously the sexy one.

I know we're technically not supposed to be hoping for people to go, but would anyone really miss Brian Harvey?

I don't have much experience of falling out of cars, none to be exact, but I'd have thought that anyone doing so would have fallen away from the vehicle, followed by rapid deceleration of said vehicle due to the driver's foot no longer being on the accelerator. I suppose the car could have steered over him as it was supposedly out of control, but can't have been going that fast to cause such severe injuries. Maybe now Mr Harvey has regained conciousness he can explain himself, followed by a swift deterioration and a call to the Grim Reaper

I don't have much experience of falling out of cars,.....

I have.

Many years ago returning from a 16 pint pub crawl with a mate in a liitle car with a sun roof. My friend was driving and I was stood on the passenger seat with my upper half out of the roof semi conscious when he spied a police car parked further on with a policeman stood next to it. My friend braked rather sharply, I fell forward and slumped over the windscreen. My friend braked even harder and I slid right out of the roof down the bonnet and into the road just as the car stopped alongside the policeman.

He must have been astonished to have a car pull up sharply and deposit its passenger in the road because he just stood there open mouthed as I got to my feet, mumbled "Evening officer", got back in the car whereupon my friend drove off rather quickly.

Never heard any more about it from the plods

I know we're technically not supposed to be hoping for people to go, but would anyone really miss Brian Harvey?

Where does it say that we're not supposed to hope for people to go? I thought that was the whole point of all this.

Where does it say that we're not supposed to hope for people to go? I thought that was the whole point of all this.

well, it's not written down or anything, it was more a statement of conscience. The point of the DL is to see if we can accurately predict who will die in the coming 12 months, so the goal is to pick the 50 celebs who we think are most likely to die. There is a certain level of satisfaction in seeing one of your picks come in, the same way there is if one of your fantasy football players scores a hat trick. However, but for having picked them on the list, I don't go around hoping that e.g. Byron Nelson dies.

If someone who sounds a good candidate isn't on this year's list, then we should really be hoping for that person to survive until the end of the year so we can put them on for 2006.

However, with Brian Harvey the above mindset goes out the window and if I read tomorrow that he finally got something right in life and offed himself I wouldn't be sad we didn't get the chance to nominate him for '06. At all.

Singer Harvey has throat surgery - BBC

Former pop star Brian Harvey has had a throat operation more than a week after being seriously injured under the wheels of his own car.

Harvey had a tracheotomy on Wednesday to help him breathe and drain fluid from his lungs, his manager said.

The former East 17 singer, 30, has been kept unconscious with medication since the accident. But doctors hope to wake him soon.

The former East 17 singer, 30, has been kept unconscious with medication since the accident. But doctors hope to wake him soon.

Listening to his songs usualy put me into unconsiousness pretty damn quickly :banghead:

well, it's not written down or anything, it was more a statement of conscience. The point of the DL is to see if we can accurately predict who will die in the coming 12 months, so the goal is to pick the 50 celebs who we think are most likely to die. There is a certain level of satisfaction in seeing one of your picks come in, the same way there is if one of your fantasy football players scores a hat trick. However, but for having picked them on the list, I don't go around hoping that e.g. Byron Nelson dies.

If someone who sounds a good candidate isn't on this year's list, then we should really be hoping for that person to survive until the end of the year so we can put them on for 2006.

However, with Brian Harvey the above mindset goes out the window and if I read tomorrow that he finally got something right in life and offed himself I wouldn't be sad we didn't get the chance to nominate him for '06. At all.

Your fantasy football analogy doesn't quite work because you WOULD hope one of your players scored a hat-trick.

I don't go round hoping Byron Nelson will die either cos I haven't the faintest idea who he is!

Looks like he's getting better...

Singer Brian Harvey has regained consciousness after being seriously hurt under the wheels of his own car.

He "continues to make slow progress" in intensive care, a spokesman for south London's St George's Hospital said.

"He spent all day (Wednesday) smiling and reading through his messages and cards," manager Simon Harrison said. "He was in very good spirits."

The ex-East 17 star remains unable to talk following a throat operation after the 31 May incident.

The ex-East 17 star remains unable to talk following a throat operation after the 31 May incident.

Let's hope it extends to singing as well...........

Brian has been released from hospital today:

Don't be too pessimistic. Now that he's out, he can have another "freak accident".

regards,

Hein

From the article...

"He has a metal crossbar that sticks out of his pelvis which he's got to have on for 12 weeks."

Should make it easier to go water-skiing :lol:

From the article...

"He has a metal crossbar that sticks out of his pelvis which he's got to have on for 12 weeks."

Should make it easier to go water-skiing :lol:

He'll be useful for a quick game of five-a-side as well.

Be a laugh to pull up outside his house with a mobile magnet crane - you know the ones they use to lift cars in a scrapyard!