IKYWN

Brian Harvey - E17 to 6 Feet Under?

There was a mention in the week's Popbitch missive that Tom Watkins, former manager for East 17 and the Pet Shop Boys, is unwell. A bit of googling brings up this article from last June, confirming he in fact has liver cancer. Despite this, no one has picked him on the DDP... Will we get another chance next year?

If we do, he'll be a massive pick. Summat of a legend in his own field and the means by which mediocre but good looking talent got to the top. Without him most of his former charges - like Bros - soon floundered.

So, basically, he worked with the ( mainly) raw sewage of the pop world.

There really is money in shit, isn't there.

Watkins was one who often said "you can't make chicken soup out of chicken shit" so a modicum of talent was required. But, he was one of the first to be out and proud about pulling the old trick of being a gay manager and seeing in his charges the same thing the young girl fans could see.

• Like 2

Brian Harvey, of East 17 fame, has been on a downward spiral for quite some time now (reminds me a bit of Paul Gascoigne). He considered suicide last month, can't pay the bills and faces eviction:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/29/music-industry-chews-up-spits-out-stars-simon-danczuk-brian-harvey

Brian Harvey, of East 27 fame, has been on a downward spiral for quite some time now (reminds me a bit of Paul Gascoigne). He considered suicide last month, can't pay the bills and faces eviction:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/mar/29/music-industry-chews-up-spits-out-stars-simon-danczuk-brian-harvey

I'm sure he'll stay another day

• Like 2

Brian Harvey, of East 27 fame, has been on a downward spiral for quite some time now (reminds me a bit of Paul Gascoigne). He considered suicide last month, can't pay the bills and faces eviction:

So he is Back For Good?

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Posts moved.

So he is Back For Good?

I think that might be a Take That song title.

On 23/01/2015 at 21:28, DevonDeathTrip said:

There was a mention in the week's Popbitch missive that Tom Watkins, former manager for East 17 and the Pet Shop Boys, is unwell. A bit of googling brings up this article from last June, confirming he in fact has liver cancer. Despite this, no one has picked him on the DDP... Will we get another chance next year?

As noted in another thread, Watkins has died.

• Like 1

Just now, DevonDeathTrip said:

As noted in another thread, Watkins has died.

And this is thread I was thinking the death should have gone.

And as noted in that other thread, he was a bit of a cunt. :P

Neil Tennant on Facebook:

image.png.7937eb4d36e394b54d2638341c549d61.png

"long-term friendship with Tom wasn't possible"  :unsure:

• Haha 1

Forgot he had his own thread.Anyway here is one of the videos mentioned from the article I posted in the Ideas and Possibilities thread.Fair to say he hasn`t managed to turn things around for himself.

Ambulance called to his house.Says Daniella Westbrook must have rang them and is trying to make him look mad.

Still a total shag, popped out to do some tidying up so of course, the Mail has the goss (not the Matt Goss, what the fuck happened to him - Strictly also ran, but odd) anyway: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11529007/Rarely-seen-East-17-icon-Brian-Harvey-clears-house.html

Always had a soft spot for him...well, maybe not that soft...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Matt Goss, what the fuck happened to him

Last time I saw Matt Goss was at Paramount City in London 1990 or 91 (I think it changed its name to The Windmill or something similar). Anyway, he was dressed in white denim mouthing off with the ol' "doncha know who I am" shit to  anyone who could hear him. I turned and "accidentally" knocked over a pint of Guinness most of which went over his white jeans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Last time I saw Matt Goss was at Paramount City in London 1990 or 91 (I think it changed its name to The Windmill or something similar). Anyway, he was dressed in white denim mouthing off with the ol' "doncha know who I am" shit to  anyone who could hear him. I turned and "accidentally" knocked over a pint of Guinness most of which went over his white jeans. 

I think he was always full of himself. Well, I guess you have to in order to make it in the music biz as early as he did.

When he did Strictly Come Dancing this year, he was playing the humble, generous type - but to me he was a smarmy smug git who seemed to be saying to himself "I don't really need this, but it will be fun doing it". True, he doesn't need it, but he's an odd character - I wonder if he's had work done or got the botox crazies.

Anyway, Brian Harvey - now there's the mad pop star we love. :wub::lol:

31 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Anyway, Brian Harvey - now there's the mad pop star we love. :wub::lol:

Speak to yourself, I always thought he was a bit of a twat. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Still a total shag, popped out to do some tidying up so of course, the Mail has the goss (not the Matt Goss, what the fuck happened to him - Strictly also ran, but odd) anyway: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11529007/Rarely-seen-East-17-icon-Brian-Harvey-clears-house.html

Always had a soft spot for him...well, maybe not that soft...

He just looks like an older version of how he has always looked. Doesn't look ill to me. Nothing to see here for now I would say. 

• Like 2

Go on Brian, give it some!

I was about to say. Saw this on Twitter.

What the thing he is holding up is according to Twitter:

"An email between a British journalist, who was working for The News of The World at the time, and Essex police containing transcripts of conversations between Harvey, a friend of his and an alleged drug dealer."

• Like 2