Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

Colombian footballer shot dead

I put money on the whole National squad, as it doesn't look as if they'll qualify for the next World Cup.

Recently I read that Colombia is now the 2nd happiest place in the world to live BBC article despite the above shootings, drugs problems etc.

Perhaps this is down to a few reasons:-

one, surely has to be the new foreign minister of Colombia.

Colombian males get this lady as their foreign minister:

foto4.jpg

British males get this lady as their foreign minister:

nfarm17.jpg

but it may just be, also, that there are NO Colombians on the Death List**

** Yes, I am aware that de Stefano represented Colombia, but so did Charlie Mitten and he was as Colombian as Clive Dunn.........

I think, like in Godot's Belgian quest, that should change.

There are plenty of candidates ripe for picking & it will be my aim for the rest of this year that at least one of them will be chosen for the DL next year:

I present to you:

Shakira, singer, aged 29. No ill-health as such, but you never know.......

John Leguizamo, actor, aged 42. Health seems like Shakira's

Alvaro Uribe, current President, aged 54. Numerous assassination attempts have been plotted or in some cases carried out...

Gabriel Garcia Marquez, legendary novelist & Nobel Laureate, now 78. Suffering from lymphatic cancer.

Manuel Marulanda or Pedro Marin, leader of the FARC rebel terrorist group, aged 78. Aside from the threat of assassination, he is reportedly terminally ill with cancer.

Juan Pablo Montoya, racing driver. Known for his on-the-edge racing style. In F1, he's safe, but in NASCAR, fatalities are far more common. Think back to de Cesaris.......

Colombian Footballers & Coaches past & present An appalling track record. Aside from the one mentioned, Andres Escobar was gunned down in 1994, Hernan Dario Gomez was shot in the leg in 2001, but still managed to coach Ecuador in the 2002 World Cup. Colombia have two dead players from the 1994 World Cup squad - that's one more than the entire French 1958 side. They don't tend to live long lives.

With the news they want to host the 2014 World Cup, will drugs money/corruption/politics take a nasty turn?

There's the evidence:- Guys, You owe to this lady & girls, to this man below to have a Colombian on the DL. Goodnight, DL'rs, I rest.

nahled_shakira.jpg

john-leguizamo.jpg

I strongly deny any accusations that this thread was reignited due to the want to post pics of Colombian super babes and maybe can be used as a thread whenever a Colombian dies. Hell, this suggestion thread is no worse than the Alf Pearson thread and that's still up there.......... :lol:

What exactly is yer problem with Alf? 96, mega-famous in his day and now reduced to a rest home. A legitimate pick I'd say.

What exactly is yer problem with Alf? 96, mega-famous in his day and now reduced to a rest home. A legitimate pick I'd say.

Sorry, I should have put :D

No, I quite agree with your listing.

I just loved the way you started that thread & went "here he is - oh, he'll be here for a good few years to come yet though so consider him, but don't consider him" in your unique MPFC style.

Maybe I should have chosen Iain's Jack Nicholson thread as an example..... :lol:

Anyway, again, I rest.

Aye, point taken Octi, I was meanin' he's one to watch. 'Sprightly' for sure but liable to all the life threatening things that come the way of any 96 year old. Brinsworth House must've been sweltering at about 35 degrees today. To people used to North Africa it's nowt, but Alf is from Sunderland.

Recently I read that Colombia is now the 2nd happiest place in the world to live BBC article despite the above shootings, drugs problems etc.
If drugs were that cheap and readily available where I live I'd vote my country as a happy place. Presumably the shootings mostly happen between the ones who've sobered up long enough to see what's actually happening to their country.

Does anyone know the average life expectancy of Colombian politicians? I seem to recall reading somewhere that it really is an incredibly dangerous job to have, and murder is one of the most common cause of death for them. Google was not my friend on this occasion.

It's calmed down a bit in Columbia, during the worst druggy days the most common cause of death in males 25-40 was murder!

Wow! Is this thread still here? I thought it'd be deleted for gross stupidity :D

TLC, just to show I can do research as well as posting pictures of mega babes:

Colombian Politicans:

PRESIDENTS (Post WW2)

Alberto Lleras Camargo (b. 1906 - d. 1990)

Mariano Ospina Pérez (b. 1891 - d. 1976)

Laureano Gómez Castro (b. 1889 - d. 1965)

Roberto Urdaneta Arbeláez(b. 1890 - d. 1972)

Gustavo Rojas Pinilla (b. 1900 - d. 1975)

Gabriel París Gordillo (b. 1910)

Guillermo León Valencia (b. 1909 - d. 1971)

Carlos Lleras Restrepo (b. 1908 - d. 1994)

Misael Pastrana Borrero (b. 1923 - d. 1997)

Alfonso López Michelsen (b. 1913)

Julio César Turbay Ayala (b. 1916 - d. 2005)

Belisario Betancur Cuartas (b. 1923)

Virgilio Barco Vargas (b. 1921 - d. 1997)

César Gaviria Trujillo (b. 1947)

Ernesto Samper Pizano (b. 1950)

Andrés Pastrana Arango (b. 1954)

Álvaro Uribe Vélez (b. 1952)

Hmm.. quite a long lived bunch. There's some more good DL or DDP candidates there - they'd get a broadsheet obit, I think.

Likewise, the list of Foreign ministers seems to point to a average life. Only one has died before they were 60, and that was through natural causes.

But at the lower level- mayors, councillors etc., I wouldn't be too confident in reaching 90 years of age....

Gabriel París Gordillo (b. 1910)

Not that I want to be starting owt, like, but he's the same age as Alf Pearson.

foto4.jpg

What's that little white blotch on her lip? Maybe we* should be watching her!

And if it makes you feel better OoO, I've got Marquez as a unique pick on the WDP. :D

*I personally nominate myself as the Deathlist Envoy to watch, as closely as possible, this foreign minsiter

*I personally nominate myself as the Deathlist Envoy to watch, as closely as possible, this foreign minister

But CP, you have a political hotty all of your own already!!

_41487586_tymoshenko-ap-220.jpg

Yulia Tymoshenko of Ukraine

Also worth keeping an eye on this Australian senator:

SenatorNatashaStottDespoja-smallest.jpg

I'm sure there are more sexy female politicians out there somewhere.

160px-Rick_perry.jpg

Governor of Texas ain't to bad to look at. His politics, on the other hand, leave a bit to be desired.

foto4.jpg

*I personally nominate myself as the Deathlist Envoy to watch, as closely as possible, this foreign minister

Well, she's resigned today as her brother is up to no good. Link

So it might be a bit more difficult for CP to keep an eagle eye on the lady.

So, in the end, no Colombians on the DL. Time will tell if this is wise or foolish.

Well, she's resigned today as her brother is up to no good. Link

So it might be a bit more difficult for CP to keep an eagle eye on the lady.

So, in the end, no Colombians on the DL. Time will tell if this is wise or foolish.

I can't say whether or not he was guilty of the crimes accused. What I can say is that he was never in the shower with her... :o

Marquez has yet to pay off in the WDP for me, which is a bit frustrating since I chose him over Billy Preston. Marquez HAS become a more popular pick though, so perhaps this thread did some good after all?

I'm really impressed that you remembered this thread and its details? Selective memory? :rolleyes:

PRESIDENTS (Post WW2)

Alfonso López Michelsen (b. 1913)

There's some more good DL or DDP candidates there - they'd get a broadsheet obit, I think.

Lopez Michelsen is now dead.

Looks like my urging for a Colombian on the Death List was to no avail. Let this be a lesson to you all. :(:angry:

• Like 1