Guest Guest

Gordon Hinckley

Guest Guest

Up in his 09s now. Should be a definite possibility for 2006.

Guest Guest

his 90s that is!

yea he is 90 i have him on my other death list a very good pick for this site but

i don't know if he will be around next year. :huh:

yea he is 90 i have him on my other death list a very good pick for this site but ...

That list of yours must be some ten thousand pages long since you claim to have every death that happens anywhere as being on your alleged list.

Never heard of him I'm afraid. I would have thought that the president of a church would be God. Or is Gordon a God?

Never heard of him I'm afraid. I would have thought that the president of a church would be God. Or is Gordon a God?

Well you see Josco, I don't know about god but I have always seen

the Devil for example as a very ordinary person. Somebody very

intelligent with average looks, brown hair, average height and weight.

Someone that you might not expect.

Somebody who may not have even done the most evil things in there

lives but was very powerful. Doesn't mean there famous but would

be very controling.

I strongly doubt Gordon is a god nor an angel or magical person of

any kind. But that doesn't mean he's not a good man.

Although at this very moment i'm glaring at his pictures on the Wikipedia

and there is just something to good about him..

Whos that then?

Whos that then?

margaretthatcher4bd.png

Slightly off topic I admit, but I'd like to suggest to other members that if ever subjected to extended periods of easy listening or classic hits radio, try replacing the word 'Woman' with 'Mormon'. Hence Shania Twain's 'I feel like a Mormon' and Neil Diamond/Urge Overkill's 'Girl, you'll be a Mormon soon', the possibilities are endless.

The otherwise excruciating hours will fly by.

Whos that then?

margaretthatcher4bd.png

The problem must be that hair style. I simply don't understand it.

She should just cut it short and spike it up since it's gray now i'm sure.

It seems to top the charts involving hair styles for women in there 60's.

The blue suit is just horrendous. I mean even though this is an old photo

from the 80's she was back in 1970 then! This is starting to scare me. I think

i'll move on to another topic.. :)

Gordon B. Hinckley doing very well on his 96th birthday.

Can't quite tell from the picture if he's blowing out the candles or if he's just lost control of his bowels, but either way looks like he'll be around for a while.

Interesting fact from Wikipedia (which also makes it fairly questionable):

Up until the age of 95 and his cancer surgery, he had spent only one night in a hospital in his life. He’s been a man with remarkable vigor for his age.

If he lives four more months - give or take - he'll become the oldest ever President of the Mormon Church (or whatever they call themselves nowadays), and it's looking like he'll make it with flying colours.

Perhaps he forgot to put on his magic mormon underwear. Is nothing sacred? Probably not.

En l'èsprit d'egalité, DttG, I used to have some "holy" underwear too. Zut Alors! Comme ça, oui! Avant, I met Mrs SC and, after several months of cajoling and humiliation (I'm a lucky man, I know), I was "forced" to "admit" the "inadequacy" of my previously-bachelor-beautiful underwear drawer (ok, so wtf exactly is WRONG with lace-up boxer shorts?) and, to this day, have Gordon Hinckley to thank for whatever miniscule triangle of manhood I still possess. etc.

Yours,

Outraged of Serbiton, no-longer-posing-quite-so-foppishly-in-the-mirror-but-nonetheless-confident-in-his masculinity-despite-the-efforts-of-those-who-would-seek-to-denigrate-his-manhoodly-undergarmenture,

SC

Perhaps he forgot to put on his magic mormon underwear. Is nothing sacred? Probably not.

This explains everything in this debate. The Mormon-masonry connection was new to me. I'm going to get some of that magic underwear. Apparently some people never take it off. This also, I assume, explains why Deadsox chose such an evocative name. I have seen the light.

En l'èsprit d'egalité, DttG, I used to have some "holy" underwear too. Zut Alors! Comme ça, oui! Avant, I met Mrs SC and, after several months of cajoling and humiliation (I'm a lucky man, I know), I was "forced" to "admit" the "inadequacy" of my previously-bachelor-beautiful underwear drawer (ok, so wtf exactly is WRONG with lace-up boxer shorts?) and, to this day, have Gordon Hinckley to thank for whatever miniscule triangle of manhood I still possess. etc.

Yours,

Outraged of Serbiton, no-longer-posing-quite-so-foppishly-in-the-mirror-but-nonetheless-confident-in-his masculinity-despite-the-efforts-of-those-who-would-seek-to-denigrate-his-manhoodly-undergarmenture,

SC

Thank you for that SC. Lots of gift ideas for next Christmas.

In fact, the new boss of the church may want to update things for the 21st century, and what better way than through the thong. (Less material, so more prophet, ha ha).

Modern, but in keeping with the traditional spirit of the church. They could drop the masonic imagery, instead having a 'golden gusset of guilt', and a 'brown stained string of shame'. Perhaps it could be worn on the head by the young men of the church whilst chanting the ancient Hebrew 'nowiCanhaVeaSpidErmAnwaNk'.

All the boxes ticked. Money, sex, guilt and a superhero to aspire to.

This explains everything in this debate. The Mormon-masonry connection was new to me. I'm going to get some of that magic underwear. Apparently some people never take it off. This also, I assume, explains why Deadsox chose such an evocative name. I have seen the light.

Hi Godot-

Just for the record, I'm not a Mormon. I belong to the same church that Barak Obama does (although I didn't vote for him). The name deadsox comes from the fact that I'm a Boston Red Sox fan and I named my Death League team the Dead Sox in their honor. Oh yes, and I'm not a Mason either.

Hi Godot-

Just for the record, I'm not a Mormon. I belong to the same church that Barak Obama does (although I didn't vote for him). The name deadsox comes from the fact that I'm a Boston Red Sox fan and I named my Death League team the Dead Sox in their honor. Oh yes, and I'm not a Mason either.

Mmmmm, but Dead Sox you would say that wouldn't you, possibly underestimating my deductive powers. You could be a Chicago White Sox fan too ashamed to reveal as much because of the Black Sox scandal. No problem being a Mormon, I suppose, but a Masonic Mormon might feel a little less candid. Frankly this revelation is a big disappointment. That the Deathlist cannot boast one contributor who wears magic underwear (I don't have my set yet) is a big disappointment. You'll be telling me you change your "dead/black" socks next. Or is that sox? Are we on the level?

Hi Godot-

Mmmmm, but Dead Sox you would say that wouldn't you, possibly underestimating my deductive powers. You could be a Chicago White Sox fan too ashamed to reveal as much because of the Black Sox scandal. No problem being a Mormon, I suppose, but a Masonic Mormon might feel a little less candid. Frankly this revelation is a big disappointment. That the Deathlist cannot boast one contributor who wears magic underwear (I don't have my set yet) is a big disappointment. You'll be telling me you change your "dead/black" socks next. Or is that sox? Are we on the level?

Well, Godot, there's no fooling you. I really am a Masonic Mormon who wears magic socks and underwear and I'm also a member of the Trilateral Commission, the Skull Society and we all worship a head that we found in Jerusalem in 1103. That's when we can drag ourselves away from our harems, of course. I don't mind too much if you call me a White Sox fan, just don't call me a Yankee fan or I'm coming to Godot Towers to track you down.

Even as I probably never read a fiction book in my life..

So Godot, which Harry Potter book was your favorite?

Hi Godot-

Mmmmm, but Dead Sox you would say that wouldn't you, possibly underestimating my deductive powers.....

Well, Godot, there's no fooling you. I really am a Masonic Mormon who wears magic socks and underwear and I'm also a member of the Trilateral Commission, the Skull Society and we all worship a head that we found in Jerusalem in 1103. That's when we can drag ourselves away from our harems, of course. I don't mind too much if you call me a White Sox fan, just don't call me a Yankee fan or I'm coming to Godot Towers to track you down.

Just as I thought. One of the Templars and a secret member of the Illuminati. I note that 1103 includes three of the first eight Fibonacci numbers. Haven't yet cracked the Deadsox code but I'm working on it. Unless THEY find me first.....