They're droping like flies this week, though I can't see how we missed putting and 87-year old on the 2006 list.

They're droping like flies this week, though I can't see how we missed putting and 87-year old on the 2006 list.

I think he there was a discussion about putting him on the list, but I guess we thought he might hold out a bit longer and possibly the health status of a few people on the list were exaggerated.

Well that's the 2nd Poseiden Adventure cast memeber to have died so far this year.

He led the Boston Celtics to 8 straight NBA championships. At 88 years old he seems to be a quality canidate, though is he famous enough in Great Britain? That question remains.

We've had a few candidates much more famous in the US, like Brooke Astor. I think he'd be okay, assuming he was sick enough.

He led the Boston Celtics to 8 straight NBA championships. At 88 years old he seems to be a quality canidate, though is he famous enough in Great Britain? That question remains.

We've had a few candidates much more famous in the US, like Brooke Astor. I think he'd be okay, assuming he was sick enough.

Personally I have never heard of Brooke Astor, and if it weren't for Deathlist chances are I would have never even known about her in my lifetime. She should have died like 5 years ago. I don't care, at 104 years old you can't live much longer. She dies this year. No question.

He led the Boston Celtics to 8 straight NBA championships. At 88 years old he seems to be a quality candidate, though is he famous enough in Great Britain? That question remains.

I didn't know Red Buttons played in the NBA at all. Wow! Baller-turned-actor, like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? That's pretty impressive. At 5'6", he's probably second only to Muggsy Bogues as the shortest player in NBA history. (To be fair, I have been skim-reading the thread, there's maybe some things I've missed :D )

... Brooke Astor ... She should have died like 5 years ago. I don't care, at 104 years old you can't live much longer. She dies this year. No question.

To quote George Burns, "If you live to be 100, you've got it made. Not many people die past that age."

To quote George Burns again - '"I'd love to date women my own age — but there are no women my own age") :D

I don't care, at 104 years old you can't live much longer. She dies this year. No question.

I bet people thought the same of Henry Allingham when he was that age. He is now 110.

I don't care, at 104 years old you can't live much longer. She dies this year. No question.

I bet people thought the same of Henry Allingham when he was that age. He is now 110.

That man recently said a statement of wise words' it went something like' a long life is three things, cigerettes, whisky, and wild women. Something tells me science is looking in the wrong direction.

Comedian Red Buttons has died. (Apologies if he's been mentioned before). I wonder if that was his real name....

[Moved from near Misses thread - ff]

Red Buttons' real name was Aaron Chwatt.

More on him here.

[Moved from near Misses thread - ff]

More on him here.

Or, you could use the existing thread. It's still on the first page, so not too hard to find...

More on him here.

Or, you could use the existing thread. It's still on the first page, so not too hard to find...

Thank you both. This is my first day back after a holiday so I've forgotten how to use a computer <_<

More on him here.

Thank you both. This is my first day back after a holiday so I've forgotten how to use a computer :)

I use a large mallet.

More on him here.

Thank you both. This is my first day back after a holiday so I've forgotten how to use a computer :)

I use a large mallet.

Thanks for the hint. I'll try it today.

To quote George Burns again, "People criticize me for going out with younger women, but if I try to date women my age, I can't get them out of the nursing home".