Typhoid Harry

James Bond 007 (Connery/Moore/Villains etc)

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

This was posted 5 hours ago and I read it 5 hours ago and yet I’ve just had a Sky News alert to my phone telling me this now. Finger on the pulse of breaking news at Sky......!

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Eunice Gayson, Bond's girlfriend Sylvia Trench in the first two movies, just avoided getting the Moneypenny role.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0311013/

Sad news. A second hit for me on my shadowlist this week after Mary Wilson taking me to 6 hits one higher than the committee. 

1 hour ago, bladan said:

He disagreed with something that ate him

A spider? 

27 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

A spider? 

felix.jpg.baf604902d19ba620cd8f09182dc07c9.jpg

David Hedison was the first actor to portray the continually recast Felix Leiter twice – 16 years apart, with a different Felix (John Terry) (not that one) between his two goes at it. His two films were Live and Let Die and Licence to Kill – Roger Moore's first, and Timothy Dalton's last. The only other recurring Felix is the current Felix, Jeffrey Wright. (I say "current" – he's due to appear in the as-yet-untitled Bond 25, but it'll have been 12 years since his last appearance in Quantum of Solace.)

Licence to Kill is the only film where Felix is integral to the plot, and I think the reasoning for fishing Hedison from their assortment of prior Felices, instead of getting a new Felix per tradition, was to help audiences feel some sort of emotional connection to him when he gets munched by sharks, and his wife gets raped by a young Benicio Del Toro.

Must be the oldest Felix, too – 61 years old in Licence to Kill and parachuting out of a plane in the pre-credits action sequence. He was slightly older than Roger Moore. Imagine that film with Moore still playing Bond.

4 hours ago, machotrouts said:

David Hedison was the first actor to portray the continually recast Felix Leiter twice – 16 years apart, with a different Felix (John Terry) (not that one) between his two goes at it. His two films were Live and Let Die and Licence to Kill – Roger Moore's first, and Timothy Dalton's last. The only other recurring Felix is the current Felix, Jeffrey Wright. (I say "current" – he's due to appear in the as-yet-untitled Bond 25, but it'll have been 12 years since his last appearance in Quantum of Solace.)

Licence to Kill is the only film where Felix is integral to the plot, and I think the reasoning for fishing Hedison from their assortment of prior Felices, instead of getting a new Felix per tradition, was to help audiences feel some sort of emotional connection to him when he gets munched by sharks, and his wife gets raped by a young Benicio Del Toro.

Must be the oldest Felix, too – 61 years old in Licence to Kill and parachuting out of a plane in the pre-credits action sequence. He was slightly older than Roger Moore. Imagine that film with Moore still playing Bond.

Absolutely nothing in the scene suggezted his wife was raped.

The suggestion was that she was given a fatal overdose of drugs,  drugs being the plotline of the story.

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Absolutely nothing in the scene suggezted his wife was raped.

The suggestion was that she was given a fatal overdose of drugs,  drugs being the plotline of the story.

Hmm, iirc it was heavily implied with the "We gave her a good honeymoon" line, and certainly the authorised big Bond book from the 90s seemed to think it were so.

Although ITV4 repeated the Daltons monthly. Found out mrs msc hasn't actually seen Living Daylights, and sods law, they've not shown it since.

Michael Lonsdale, the baddie in "Moonraker" is in good form & still performing on stage.

https://www.sudouest.fr/2019/06/27/libourne-l-acteur-michael-lonsdale-en-dedicace-a-la-librairie-madison-6266579-2966.php

Libourne : l’acteur Michael Lonsdale en dédicace à la librairie Madison

I was not able to find recent photos of Sean Connery. The last pics Google images had to offer were from 2017. :(

2 hours ago, msc said:

Hmm, iirc it was heavily implied with the "We gave her a good honeymoon" line, and certainly the authorised big Bond book from the 90s seemed to think it were so.

Although ITV4 repeated the Daltons monthly. Found out mrs msc hasn't actually seen Living Daylights, and sods law, they've not shown it since.

Aye.

She was fully clothed and, IIRC, eyes fully open which suggested a huge overdose.

Mind you, her fully open eyes at death could also have indicated that she had been rogered by a baddie who was hung like an elephant.:D

1 hour ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Michael Lonsdale, the baddie in "Moonraker" is in good form & still performing on stage.

https://www.sudouest.fr/2019/06/27/libourne-l-acteur-michael-lonsdale-en-dedicace-a-la-librairie-madison-6266579-2966.php 

Is he?  The report only mentions a book signing. 

Michael Lonsdale, 88, who is releasing a book of conversations with Cardinal Paul Poupard ("On the path of beauty and love"), will be signing this Saturday at the Madison Libourne bookshop (5:30 pm).  The actor (both theatre and film) and director is a committed Catholic.  He won numerous awards (Cesar for Best Supporting Actor, Crystal Globe, Lumière Award ...) for his role in the movie "Men and Gods" in 2011.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Is he?  The report only mentions a book signing. 

Michael Lonsdale, 88, who is releasing a book of conversations with Cardinal Paul Poupard ("On the path of beauty and love"), will be signing this Saturday at the Madison Libourne bookshop (5:30 pm).  The actor (both theatre and film) and director is a committed Catholic.  He won numerous awards (Cesar for Best Supporting Actor, Crystal Globe, Lumière Award ...) for his role in the movie "Men and Gods" in 2011.

You're correct. This performance I watched before posting is from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSsiRTb-zE4

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Aye.

She was fully clothed and, IIRC, eyes fully open which suggested a huge overdose.

Mind you, her fully open eyes at death could also have indicated that she had been rogered by a baddie who was hung like an elephant.:D

That could’ve simply been a tactic to avoid running into any problems with the BBFC and/or MPAA and various other censorship/certification boards. It was originally rated 15 in the UK as I recall but think it’s now a 12 

Pierce had been married before. His first wife, Cassandra, died in 1991 from ovarian cancer. He had adopted her two children from a previous marriage, Charlotte and Christopher. They also had a son, Sean together. Charlotte died from the same disease in 2013 at the age of 41.

https://nikiwiki.gonevis.com/

pierce-brosnan-3.jpg

• Sad 1

Billie Eilish releases Bond theme to No Time To Die.

It's truly a collection of mumbles and slight screeches. Orchestration nice and standard. Listen if you must.

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Billie Eilish releases Bond theme to No Time To Die.

It's truly a collection of mumbles and slight screeches. Orchestration nice and standard. Listen if you must.

Just listened. It’s alright. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t all that sorry when it stopped, but I’ve certainly heard worse; Adele’s ‘Scaffold’ and Sam Smith’s whinging effort, the name of which escapes me, for starters.

From the moment she was chosen, it was clear that she wouldn't be able to satisfy everyone. It's always cool to call newer artists weird or crap. Making a more '2020' record would have alienated the older 007 fans. This is what we get; it's all a bit on the safe side.