Guest Anonymous

Abe Vigoda is a nobody actor? Are you kidding? Maybe in the U.K. but he's well known in the United States. Anyone ever heard of The Godfather? It happens to be the #1 movie of all time on IMDB. He's not known as a leading actor, more for cameos and character parts but just about anyone over 20 recognizes his face when they see it.

I( always enjoyed watching Barney MIller. Sure there was the lovable charm and sexy pizzazz of Hal Linden with that moustache and twinkly eyes....er, has anybody heard from Hal lately? He's past 70 now and looking ripe for Corpseville....

And then there was Jack Soo who you knew too....not much more to say of him and he died before the show went off the air,

and of course Ron Glass who looked like he had been turned down for a morphine drip...

and Max Gail who played the Polish cop. Saw him recently in something......he has not aged well.

and of course Abe Vigoda as Fish. A rather morbid sort of character in that show and in other appearances as other characteers elsewhere. It's almost sad to see Abe on the list this year although I do wish him well at being a grand prize winner.

I think that might be a case of mistaken identity.

Maybe. TLC. Tables Ladders and Chairs.

Out of genuine curiosity, do you ever post on the Castro and Niemeyer threads as a guest? Does squid play an important part in your life?

And my post still makes more sense than the bit above. :lol:

Was this TV programme ever on UK tv? If it was then I don't think I never saw it!

I remember WKRP like it was yesterday. As I do with The High Chaperal, but not this Barney Miller thing.

Was this TV programme ever on UK tv? If it was then I don't think I never saw it!

I remember WKRP like it was yesterday. As I do with The High Chaperal, but not this Barney Miller thing.

Not very much.

Definitely y'all's loss. It was a fabulous show.

I don't think Abe Vigoda was ever in WKRP.

I don't think Abe Vigoda was ever in WKRP.

Abe Vigoda wasn't in WKRP unless he did an uncredited cameo appearance

Guest Scholes Dogg

Well you know the first I came across him was 87 when Ad Rock shouted

"I got a girl in the Castle and one in the pagoda

You know I got rhymes like Abe Vigoda"

You should've bought that album, it was f*****g brilliant. I'm still not sure how Abe Vigoda has rhymes, nor do I want to know

no offense but abe vigoda was a stupid choice i just saw him on conan on groundhog day looked fine..

no offense but abe vigoda was a stupid choice i just saw him on conan on groundhog day looked fine..

Sorry, Doc.... OK he's fine! remove him at once!

Guest Guest

Happy 86th Birthday to Mr. Vigoda! ;)

Happy 86th Birthday to Mr. Vigoda! ;)

Hooray!

Was hoping a news article would surface for his birthday, but there's nothing I can see...

In related news, my (formerly) unique DDP pick Steven Hill is 85! today! It's an octogenarian celebration! :party"

Almost positive I saw him recently on one of the late night shows while flipping through the channels. I'm not sure if it was Letterman or Leno but he seemed to have his health.

Almost positive I saw him recently on one of the late night shows while flipping through the channels. I'm not sure if it was Letterman or Leno but he seemed to have his health.

He still does regular cameos on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Recent appearances (that I've seen) have included the "lighting of the Christmas Vigoda," an appearance where he finished second place in an "Audience Member who Mostly Closely Resembles Abe Vigoda Contest," and a Groundhog Day spoof in which Abe Vigoda's tree stump was wheeled on stage on February 2nd and he was roused from his slumber to prove that he was still alive.

I remember Vigoda best for his role as the judge in the Pauly Shore movie Jury Duty.

Had a funny superbowl ad with Betty White. Looked pretty good.

3yPH5Zq.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist, haha. Look on the bright side, he's still alive and uhh... in a bear costume?......Just watch

disturbing clip from October 31, 2013.

• Like 2

3yPH5Zq.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist, haha. Look on the bright side, he's still alive AND uhh... in a bear costume?......Just watch

disturbing clip from October 31, 2013.

Haha! Wow....... what in the name of fuck? Amazing find.

that wasn't actually him in the costume when the dancing happened. they switched him afterwards. it was an extremely sly trick of them but I just spotted it at the last minute! damn I'm good!

Seems in good spirits in a recent video (Not sure if link works outside North America)

Seems a little clueless, but I'm not sure if it's due to his age or if he's always been that way.

He seems very happy to be there!I think he is just quite deaf as opposed to senile.He is very thin though.I think he should be kept on the list next year.