Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

Seems bizzare for a former Democrat president to be that friendly with a former republican one.

Could you imagine Jeremy Corbyn popping over to visit Theresa May in 20 years?

Quite common, actually. Margaret Thatcher was friends with a number of Labour politicians in her private life, including of all people, Eric Heffer.

All the former Presidents are pretty friendly with each other - they all badmouth each other when they're President (e.g. Trump is running his mouth) but the other Presidents are being semi-respectful towards Trump. A couple of years ago Trump was going on about how he and Bill Clinton were friends. 

(don't click on this picture, the link and website are toxic and shouldn't get ad clicks)

theresamaygordonbrown.jpg

I would like to apologise for the site that image comes from, but I just googled a quick pic for a quick example - I'm sure there's some level of respect between British Prime Ministers even if they mainly meet for formal occasions. 

Not sure if I found out about it here or on reddit, but there's also the Presidents Club:

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/weekinreview/11stolberg.html

George Bush Junior is 72 today.

What a age to still have your father alive

22 hours ago, Putin said:

George Bush Junior is 72 today.

What a age to still have your father alive

Trying to think of any celebrity man who still has his father.Michael Douglas is the only name I can think of. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Trying to think of any celebrity man who still has his father.Michael Douglas is the only name I can think of. 

Prince Charles turns 70 in November and has both his parents alive.

22 hours ago, Putin said:

Prince Charles turns 70 in November and has both his parents alive.

True and Jack Carter still has both parents at 71.

John Mccain is the oldest notable person I can think of who still has a living parent.

I think Nancy Sinatras mum is still alive.And Norman Lloyd's actress daughter Josie is 78

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

True and Jack Carter still has both parents at 71.

John Mccain is the oldest notable person I can think of who still has a living parent.

I think Nancy Sinatras mum is still alive.And Norman Lloyd's actress daughter Josie is 78

As to France, Catherine deneuve (75 today) still has her mother Renée Simonet, a famous french actress of 106

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

As to France, Catherine deneuve (75 today) still has her mother Renée Simonet, a famous french actress of 106

Ah yes knew I missed a big name.

• Like 2

if no one else dies then we will be making the record of all time lowest

at least if we only include those from 1994 onwards when the number was strictly 50 since then

lets talk probability! whats the probability the remaining 45 all survive to the years end??

Really low.

The 1-year survival rate of Stage IV lung cancer (which Bracknell probably has) is 20% but the 2-year survival rate is so low that there are no statistics on it. Bracknell was diagnosed 2 years ago in September.

McCain was diagnosed with GBM exactly a year ago and he would have to live for 18 months post-diagnosis to survive the year. The average time between diagnosis and death is about 14 months, so he'd be really hard-pressed to make it past that in his 80s.

Your overall chances of dying in any given year are lowered by the age of 97, so the 8 people aged 97+ have better chances than others. However, that didn't work out too well for Billy Graham.

Does anyone else think things have been way to quiet with him? I have a feeling he might be in his final days/weeks.

5 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

Does anyone else think things have been way to quiet with him? I have a feeling he might be in his final days/weeks.

He has regularly paid tribute to John McCain. Not so quiet.

Just now, drol said:

He has regularly paid tribute to John McCain. Not so quiet.

I highly doubt he was the one to write that statement.

3 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

http://nytiwes.com/george-h-w-bush-has-died-at-94/

I know it's a hoax but boy imagine one morning waking up to this newsflash. This forum will probably explode.

I read this immediately after seeing there had been a 9th hit and before I saw it was Denis Norden . You had me fooled for a second ! 

• Haha 2

Small side note from Jeb Bush about the health of his father:

https://eu.freep.com/story/money/business/columnists/carol-cain/2018/09/22/carol-cain-jeb-bush-donald-trump-role-model/1355592002/

“He’s frail and doesn’t get out much anymore,” he said. “But he’s in relatively good health. He isn’t ready to go just yet.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markb4 said:

After a tweet suggested that George HW Bush's health was slipping, a spokesperson has denied that and says that his health hasn't changed:

https://wgme.com/news/local/bush-spokesperson-no-change-in-george-hw-bushs-health

Just a guess - they check the state of his health by letting a young nurse loose in his room and measuring how high up her leg he can still reach

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Let me guess where this is going-they deny that his health has gone down hill and then there's a deterioration hours before the hit happens-a bit  like what happened with Muhammad Ali.