Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

Schwarzkopf was Bush's pitbull in the 90s. No war too big, dangerous, or too far for these cowboys (except North Korea - hmmm, I wonder why?)

Fitting they both croak more or less at the same time. Hopefully they can drag that twat Rumsfeld with them for an imperial hat-trick

• Like 1

Just heard on CNN that Bush's condition isn't considered to be dire, but they're keeping close tabs on him anyway.

The miserable sod wants to see the US economy fall of the fiscal cliff first... so he can say "I told you so"

Out of intensive care - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20868957

WIll submit my DDP team tomorrow, but Bush won't be on it - not just because of this news, but I have a feeling that he will linger on for a little while, a la Mandela, Thatcher, Gabor, Biggs et al.*

*Meaning all 5 of them will die on New Years Day

Out of intensive care - http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-20868957

WIll submit my DDP team tomorrow, but Bush won't be on it - not just because of this news, but I have a feeling that he will linger on for a little while, a la Mandela, Thatcher, Gabor, Biggs et al.*

...and I'll have a nervous breakdown!

Don't count 41 out just yet. While he has been moved out of ICU, he is still an 88 year old wheelchair patient, who has been in the hospital over a month. Most likely, he will remain in the hospital, well into the New Year. This could well be another case similiar to Gerald Ford, in 2006. Ford was in and out of the hospital multiple times (with issues similiar to Bush), before dying quietly at home. Even if Bush returns home, I have a feeling it will be something like hospice care. He will definitely be on my 2013 Deathlist and this site should still consider making him one of the 50. I don't know about the top 10, but maybe somewhere between #20 and 30.

Don't count 41 out just yet. While he has been moved out of ICU, he is still an 88 year old wheelchair patient, who has been in the hospital over a month. Most likely, he will remain in the hospital, well into the New Year. This could well be another case similiar to Gerald Ford, in 2006. Ford was in and out of the hospital multiple times (with issues similiar to Bush), before dying quietly at home. Even if Bush returns home, I have a feeling it will be something like hospice care. He will definitely be on my 2013 Deathlist and this site should still consider making him one of the 50. I don't know about the top 10, but maybe somewhere between #20 and 30.

Put him in at number 41.

• Like 3

Since Gerald Ford's death year of 2006 death list has omitted former US Presidents from the lists, with these recent developments of George HW Bush we need to change that. I would say both George HW Bush and Jimmy Carter should be on there, any former President who is 88+ (a milestone both of these men hit this year) should automatically be on the list. Not every President is going to live to be 93 years old like Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford.

Jimmy Carter this year broke Herbert Hoover's record of the longest ex-presidency in history and in a few months he will likely surpass Harry Truman's longevity and become the longest lived Democrat President in history. George HW Bush a few days ago on December 26, 2012 surpassed Harry Truman's length of ex-presidency of just a few weeks shy of 20 years. Harry Truman was 88 years old when he died, the same age George HW Bush and Jimmy Carter are now and Truman's lengthy hospitalization just prior to and including his death has some parallels to what Bush is going through right now. No doubt that medical care has improved in 40 years and it appears Bush's condition isn't quite as critical as Truman's was the writing is on the wall that his time is approaching. On January 30, 2013 George HW Bush will surpass Harry Truman's longevity to the day and become the 5th longest lived President in history. Harry Truman died on December 26, 1972 and Gerald Ford, the longest lived President in history died exactly 34 years later on December 26, 2006 and we just passed the sixth anniversary of that and the 40th of Truman's death, I was following the news of Bush very closely on this December 26th with this in mind. There has been a lot of synchronicity with Harry Truman as of late.

I have a feeling Bush sr will linger on aswell. But still would of put him on my ddp 2013 list if i hadn't already sent it in.

I believe conservatives tend to die quicker because a lot of them hate this world and can't wait to enter the next...I think the deathlist is quite happy to aid them in this venture.

That doesn't hold up to scrutiny if you are equating "conservative" with Republican. Of the 7 Presidents that lived to age 88+ the tally is as follows:

Republicans (4):

Gerald Ford: 34,133 days (93 years, 165 days)

Ronald Reagan 34,088 days (93 years, 120 days)

Herbert Hoover: 32,943 days (90 years, 71 days)

George H.W. Bush: 32,343 days (88 years, 201 days) Living

Democrats (2):

Harry Truman: 32,373 days (88 years, 232 days)

Jimmy Carter: 32,232 days (88 years, 90 days) Living

Federalists (1)

John Adams: 33,119 days (90 years, 247 days)

Bush senior takes turn for worse in hospital

Former US president George H.W. Bush has taken a turn for the a worse and is in intensive care after a "stubborn fever" delayed his recovery from bronchitis, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"He's had a series of setbacks now that have landed him in guarded condition in the intensive care unit," spokesman Jim McGrath told AFP.

This wording reminds me of media reports of Richard Nixon's ultimately fatal stroke in 1994 at age 81. It also appears Bush is improving and out of the ICU but the initial reports for Nixon were optimistic but within 24 hours he was back in the ICU and in a coma and then dead a few days later. Of course one really can't compare a massive stroke to lingering bronchitis but it demonstrates health conditions can change rapidly with patients this old. Overall though this has to be one of the most epic hospitalizations of a former President, right up there with Nixon's relatively short death watch and Harry Truman's prolonged death watch. This is one to watch and even if Bush gets out of the hospital he is not out of the woods, he might just go under home hospice care like Reagan and Ford where there won't be daily press releases from a hospital but just an announcement one day that the former President has died.

Bush Sr. went into ICU in guarded condition. As in, I didn't really think this particular stint was going to kill him. He's still in hospital, though, with a fever and his general health isn't good. I think he's still a good bet for some time next year.

http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2013/jan/04/catch-it-george-hw-bush-and-hilary-clinton-medical-matters-explained/

Interesting analysis from a doctor, regarding the condition of HW and Hillary. Listening to the medical opinion, the outlook does not sound too favorable for 41. Add that to the fact that a google search has turned up no new reports on his condition, since before New Year's....

The Enquirer has been claiming that Hillary has brain cancer. I just wouldn't put her on a list, yet. ;) I gotta wonder if she really has been thinking of running for president. She thought she would be too old four years ago when she lost the Democratic nomination to Obama. Do they still let presidents sleep through meetings like Reagan did? Is that still a thing?

HW, on the other hand, despite being more serious could very well pull through as long as he's getting good care. It's just going to take him several months. I have him on my lists, though.

The first condition report on his health in 2013 is vague indeed. This could very well be the longest hospitalization in Presidential history. Today, January 9, 2013 would have been the 100th birthday of Richard Nixon, the President that appointed George HW Bush as UN Ambassador and GOP party chairman. Nixon was the man that first gave Bush a major role on the national and internation stage. His 89th birthday on June 12th is quite a long way off given his delicate condition.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/13/us-usa-bush-idUSBRE90C0C820130113

Bush may be released from the hospital in the next few days. So he lives to die another day but another year? That is much more in doubt.

That must mean he will be gone by the end of the week, then.

Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. were not in attendance for President Obama's inauguration today.

Take Note: Gerald Ford skipped Bush's 2nd inauguration in 2005.

Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. were not in attendance for President Obama's inauguration today.

In fairness, Bush Sr. only got out of hospital like a week ago. Is it obligatory for all ex-leaders to attend?

In fairness, Bush Sr. only got out of hospital like a week ago. Is it obligatory for all ex-leaders to attend?

Not so much for the 2nd term.