Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

Seems every time there's a World Cup on, some low key game or other is interrupted from its train of thought by news filtering in that some big name has popped his clogs. And you think to yourself: blimey, was Switzerland vs Ukraine really that bad? Yes, it was, fucking Oleg Blokhin and Kobi Kuhn.

Anyway, Bush Sr seems a prime contender to be that type of death during the 2018 World Cup. You can picture it now: the USA team, black armbands. Some whispers to Clint Dempsey to look sad as he realises the camera is on him, so he pretends his gormless stare is meant to be sadness, etc. Then they lose 4-0 to Syria.

So yeah, I think he'll beat the Ford record.

And now I'm off to check up on Kobi Kuhn - he must be getting on a bit now...

Wikipedia now has him at 93 years, 121 days. This beats Reagan, who had 93 years and 120 days.

Now time to see if he can go for another 45 to beat Ford. Personally, I think he will go well beyond, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 94 at this point.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2017 at 13:35, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Since it's a foregone conclusion that he'll pass Reagan, do we think he can beat Ford?

Yep! He spend most of his life doing sports and exercising. Seems the efforts have paid off for him.

On 05/10/2017 at 14:18, msc said:

Anyway, Bush Sr seems a prime contender to be that type of death during the 2018 World Cup. You can picture it now: the USA team, black armbands. Some whispers to Clint Dempsey to look sad as he realises the camera is on him, so he pretends his gormless stare is meant to be sadness, etc. Then they lose 4-0 to Syria.

Geez...stick to death pronostics, please.    

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Geez...stick to death pronostics, please.    

Hey, Panamanian deadpoolers are delighted I've extended my DDP luck this year to other forms of prediction...

3 hours ago, msc said:

Hey, Panamanian deadpoolers are delighted I've extended my DDP luck this year to other forms of prediction...

LOL, the US losing 0-4 to Syria in the finals would've been priceless, too bad that both teams were eliminated even before the playoffs. 

I have the feeling that you might have jinxed the Yanks, cause they must have fucked up really bad to get eliminated in the dead easy CONCACAF zone. Arguably the single biggest shock of the qualifiers. But hey, at least they still have some brain damaged* "football" players and the Super Bowl! (*I don't have anything against them, but CTE is a real thing.)

Just saw him at a gathering of former presidents. If anyone’s considering a third “Weekend at Bernie's“, he’d be perfect. 

A29C173F-0FC7-4F70-87D5-5E5A5413B973.jpeg

1 minute ago, MadMac said:

Just saw him at a gathering of former presidents. If anyone’s considering a third “Weekend at Bernie's“, he’d be perfect. 

A29C173F-0FC7-4F70-87D5-5E5A5413B973.jpeg

Donald Trump tomorrow morning: Bush Sr isn’t standing during the national anthem? He’s a huge disgrace to our country. He should be ashamed of himself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Laugh all you want, but Ford or Reagan were doing even less at 93.

It's nice to see Papa Bush still rallying for a good cause, he's one tough cookie.

• Like 4

All four presidents pay tribute to George and sing his praises in that video. I get the feeling that they are expecting it to be their last public engagement with him.

• Like 1

You know you're a bad president when all five former living presidents agree they don't want you at a fundraiser. 

However it does look like that will be George H.W Bush's last appearance.

All though this has made me think; when was the last time (if any) all living former UK Prime Minister's were in the same room? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dean1991 said:

All four presidents pay tribute to George and sing his praises in that video. I get the feeling that they are expecting it to be their last public engagement with him.

I think Bill will go first.....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

I think Bill will go first.....

He did seem a bit slow in his speech in the video. Parkinsons?

• Like 1

I think it’s a combination of health issues plus his wife losing to an idiot who’s one of the worst if not the worst president ever (both of them are still shit though, let’s be honest). I’m thinking the committee might want to take a chance on him next year if he’s breathing on the first...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I think it’s a combination of health issues plus his wife losing to an idiot who’s one of the worst if not the worst president ever (both of them are still shit though, let’s be honest). I’m thinking the committee might want to take a chance on him next year if he’s breathing on the first...

Maybe it's a little too early to call Donald Trump the worst president ever, ain't it my friend?

13 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Maybe it's a little too early to call Donald Trump the worst president ever, ain't it my friend?

He's certainly on the track. There's never been a president that has been this bad of a car wreck within their first year.

Bush was doing infinitely better in 2001.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

You know you're a bad president when all five former living presidents agree they don't want you at a fundraiser. 

All though this has made me think; when was the last time (if any) all living former UK Prime Minister's were in the same room? 

Possibly at Margaret Thatchers funeral? I can't recall if they attended but it would take something exceptional like that to get Tony Blair and Gordon Brown in the same room! 

He probably has a couple more years left in him if hes up to attending a fund raiser. Billy Graham hasn't appeared in public for 4 years after all. 

59 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Possibly at Margaret Thatchers funeral? I can't recall if they attended but it would take something exceptional like that to get Tony Blair and Gordon Brown in the same room! 

Last occasion I can find is Nelson Mandela's funeral

15969662_LONDON-ENGLAND-APRIL-17-Former-Prime-Ministers-Gordon-Brown-Tony-Blair-Norma-Major-2.jpg

A royal death is likely to be the next one; which at this rate will see May's successor, May herself, Cameron, Brown, Blair and Major for a total of 6.

EDIT: I'm talking bollocks they were all at the Cenotaph in 2015 scroll down for the discussion on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

I think they all appear together at the cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

I think they all appear together at the cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday

I thought it was only the serving Prime Minister and leader of the opposition that appeared at the cenotaph with former PMs more likely to pay their respects in their own area?

Thatch's funeral? Just to stamp the dirt down...?

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Thatch's funeral? Just to stamp the dirt down...?

They did but it was prior to Nelson Mandela's funeral.

Anyway they've gathered more recently than that; as mentioned above for the cenotaph in 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34759280

Gordon Brown appears not to have been there last year.

Political leaders at the Remembrance Sunday service

So the most likely is that the latest occasion will be this year on rememberance sunday, unless as often happens one of them can't attend (Thatcher was too ill many of her last years, and Brown doesn't always go). 

Depends if you count Tezza as a former PM, I mean it's only been a couple of hours since it was last confirmed she was still in post...:lol:

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Depends if you count Tezza as a former PM, I mean it's only been a couple of hours since it was last confirmed she was still in post...:lol:

Even if she goes now, she's still likely to be PM on remembrance Sunday, so it's just a case of whether Brown goes to Edinburgh or London as the others are almost certain to be there.