Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

Bush v Clinton II, what a depressing prospect...

and potentially the dynasty might get another shot at the top job.

Maybe not. There are a lot of contenders for the Republican nomination... Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul to name a few with the biggest shots... not as obvious as with the Democrats, where Hillary Clinton is definitely going to get the nomination.

Also, maybe it's time to make a thread for the 2016 election in extra-curricular?

We have the London Mayoral election before that but I suppose the primaries will begin in January.

The trouble with the Republican race is that from outside they mostly look like a bunch of nut jobs. Jeb Bush looks at least vaguely electable and has a hispanic wife.

• Like 1

Bush v Clinton II, what a depressing prospect...

and potentially the dynasty might get another shot at the top job.

Maybe not. There are a lot of contenders for the Republican nomination... Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul to name a few with the biggest shots... not as obvious as with the Democrats, where Hillary Clinton is definitely going to get the nomination.

Also, maybe it's time to make a thread for the 2016 election in extra-curricular?

We have the London Mayoral election before that but I suppose the primaries will begin in January.

The trouble with the Republican race is that from outside they mostly look like a bunch of nut jobs. Jeb Bush looks at least vaguely electable and has a hispanic wife.

Out of all the Republicans, I'd prefer Jeb Bush. He seems the most moderate (least wacko).

• Like 1

George HW Bush is now the third former President to live to his 91st birthday and third longest lived after Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan.

• Like 2

He'll clearly be okay time but goes to show his frailty....rather than reading about his parachute jumps that make him sound invincible!!!

• Like 1

Breaks bone in neck after a fall, but is going to be OK.

Bush discharged from hospital.

Surgery was not needed, the spinal cord was intact. On the other hand, he looks awful, unlike his wife who looks splendid at 90.

I think while he looks quite frail now he looks like your average 85 yearold .I wouldn`t say he looks over 90 despite being 91 now.He is still appearing in public and has all his marbles .I reckon he still has another couple of years left in him.I agree that Barbara looks very good for her age though.I would be surprised if she went first.

I think that deathlist will get GBsr. in 2016...he had a not so good year this year

I think that deathlist will get GBsr. in 2016...he had a not so good year this year

I tend to think he's a keeper.

SC

Still hoping that Carter outlives Bush.

But now that Carter has cancer, Bush would have to die in like a month or two to predecease the world's favorite peanut farmer.

Well, Adams and Jefferson died on the same day. Can lightning strike twice?

Still hoping that Carter outlives Bush.

But now that Carter has cancer, Bush would have to die in like a month or two to predecease the world's favorite peanut farmer.

I doubt he will and I hope Carter goes first for two reasons.The first being that I don`t hate George Bush senior and wouldn`t wish him an imminent demise (especially as he isn`t in my DDP this year).Secondly as much as I would love Jimmy to prove us all wrong and carry on another couple of years it`s extremely unlikely and I would rather he didn`t suffer and linger in pain even if it means he goes in a few weeks.

:George has rang President Carter twice in the last couple of weeks.Doesn`t say anything about his health but shows he is still mentally alert and in touch with current affairs.

Barbara Bush is now the second oldest first lady and the first oldest second lady.

No wonder George looks confused.

• Like 3

New pics of him and Barbara:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3259979/What-broken-neck-George-HW-Bush-recovers-fall-trip-local-BIKER-BAR-rides-speed-boat.html

The recovery of his neck is ahead of schedule apparently. They want to attend a few campaign events for Jeb (implying that they believe that Jeb's campaign is actually going somewhere....).

• Like 1

New pics of him and Barbara:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3259979/What-broken-neck-George-HW-Bush-recovers-fall-trip-local-BIKER-BAR-rides-speed-boat.html

The recovery of his neck is ahead of schedule apparently. They want to attend a few campaign events for Jeb (implying that they believe that Jeb's campaign is actually going somewhere....).[/quote wow he had gained a lot of weight

He's not eating enough broccoli.

• Like 2

Barbara Bush is now the second oldest first lady and the oldest second lady.

Corrected

George may be less confused if you don't use redundant words

Barbara Bush is now the second oldest first lady and the oldest second lady.

Corrected

George may be less confused if you don't use redundant words

But less funny that way.

Bush Sr. watches Fox News, and gets angry at the way his son's campaign is treated. Jeb says this keeps him strong:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/07/jeb-bush-says-campaign-attacks-on-him-are-keeping-his-ailing-father-strong/

what about when he loses
  • Like 2

Bush Sr. watches Fox News, and gets angry at the way his son's campaign is treated. Jeb says this keeps him strong:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/07/jeb-bush-says-campaign-attacks-on-him-are-keeping-his-ailing-father-strong/

what about when he loses

We'll see soon:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeb-bush-hunkers-down-with-family-to-assess-where-his-candidacy-stands/

Bush Sr. gets the family together to discuss Jeb's candidacy. Barbara Bush will also be coming.

• Like 1