Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

There are two threads for that.

That's a safe bet. The guy is 92 next year, you can probably measure out his time left in months rather than decades.

Next story will be the Enquirer announcing sources are "worried John McCain's beloved mother, Roberta, is near the end of her life".

• Like 4

That's a safe bet. The guy is 92 next year, you can probably measure out his time left in months rather than decades.

Next story will be the Enquirer announcing sources are "worried John McCain's beloved mother, Roberta, is near the end of her life".

1. I was thinking that a bit of the Master of the Obvious as well.

2. Holy Hell she's ALIVE?!? *making notes*

SC

In late breaking news related to former President George H.W. Bush, it seems a one time rescuer of his from back in the days of World War 2 has succumbed to death.

http://www.silive.com/obituaries/index.ssf/2015/11/staten_island_ferry_captain_micha.html

In part it reads:

"...Michael Hnatowicz, 92, a retired Staten Island Ferry Captain, World War II veteran and family man has died...

...served in the U.S. Navy during World War I I FROM 1941-1945...stationed aboard submarine USS Guavina in the South Pacific, and one of the crews primary tasks was to rescue pilots who had been shot down. One of those rescues was aviator George H.W. Bush, later 41st President of The United States.

...survived by his wife and 2 sons and 4 daughters..."

As to the former President, he continues to live.

You know who picks this guy? Suckers.

Just a comment here of George H W.; no US president has ever been cremated, it seems, although former VP Spiro Agnew was in the 1990's. I doubt if H.W... will be, but if he is, I have this suggestion. Start matters off with used Iraq or Kuwaiti motor oil, as sort of poetic justice, perhaps.

Come to think of it, writer Hank Searls, who is the same age, btw, has written an alternative history novel which deals with Geo. H.W.'s going down during the war in/ So. Pacific, although in Searls' novel, Bush Senior is eaten by cannibals instead. He seems to have some sense of humor, though, as he reportedly read the book (title of which I can't recall off-hand), and told Searls he liked it. Hard to see "W" doing likewise.

Not directly related to Bush Senior, but I think everybody best hope Ted Cruz does not end up President here in the States. He's so extreme he almost makes Donald Trump look like a moderate, as he is an ultra=conservative. Actually, we may be witnessing the end of the conservative republican party in the States - many won;'t support trump, many WILL if he runs an indie campaign, etc. I expect a couple of others to run independent bids as well, possibly on the right and left both.

I saw him and Barbara on Snapchat at the GOP Debate. Barbara looks bad, George looks terrible.

Reckon he'll go before Jimmy.

I think Barbara looks great in this photo. WTH you people talking about?
GWB otoh.... oy vey. Old people breaking bones (esp hips) is the death knell, I don't care if you're a President or a vagrant. He does look to be in his last year of life. If he survives 2016 he has to be a top 5 pick 2017.
Speaking of which, how the hell is that Cardinal that broke his leg a second time at the Vatican still alive? He was 93 I think. Has an aura about him...
SC

I think Barbara looks great in this photo. WTH you people talking about?

GWB otoh.... oy vey. Old people breaking bones (esp hips) is the death knell, I don't care if you're a President or a vagrant. He does look to be in his last year of life. If he survives 2016 he has to be a top 5 pick 2017.

Speaking of which, how the hell is that Cardinal that broke his leg a second time at the Vatican still alive? He was 93 I think. Has an aura about him...

SC

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you about Barbara. She was quite active campaigning for Jeb(!) in the last month or so, quite sprightly for a 90-year-old. But Bush Snr on the other hand looks far more likely to shuffle on in the near future. He was certainly nowhere near standing up to acknowledge the applause, stayed slumped in his seat and just waved a hand in the air.

But Bush Snr on the other hand looks far more likely to shuffle on in the near future. He was certainly nowhere near standing up to acknowledge the applause, stayed slumped in his seat and just waved a hand in the air.

Pretty much like his presidency, then. :D

• Like 3

Speaking of which, how the hell is that Cardinal that broke his leg a second time at the Vatican still alive? He was 93 I think.

Divine intervention?

Speaking of which, how the hell is that Cardinal that broke his leg a second time at the Vatican still alive? He was 93 I think.

Divine intervention?

Modern medical procedure?

Divine intervention?

Modern medical procedure?

The sweat from 12 rampant nuns?

I would agree. Bush Sr. hasn't got left much time. The color of his face, circulatory problems...

Barbara is a mean old witch (Nixon admired her for her ability to hate.) She'll live a couple of years longer.

Barbara is an interesting case since she hasn't really aged all that much in the past few decades. So she looked older than the norm when still in her sixties, but looks quite well at ninety.

I saw him and Barbara on Snapchat at the GOP Debate. Barbara looks bad, George looks terrible.

Was going to post the exact same thing. Here's the photographic proof. Don't think he's got long left... http://s9.postimg.org/3r3h6ft0f/Cc_Gq_Vnt_VIAAoj7s.jpg

He was thinking "With Jeb out of the race which one of these guys do I want presiding over my state funeral?" Actually it is still quite likely that Obama will preside over his state funeral! Jimmy Carter recently liked cancer for now and is still teaching Sunday school and looking good for his age, he still has a decent shot of living another two years and beating Gerald Ford's record to become the longest lived US President in history. George HW Bush on the other hand at that GOP debate looked like something out of Weekend At Bernie's!

• Like 1

Was going to post the exact same thing. Here's the photographic proof. Don't think he's got long left... http://s9.postimg.org/3r3h6ft0f/Cc_Gq_Vnt_VIAAoj7s.jpg

He was thinking "With Jeb out of the race which one of these guys do I want presiding over my state funeral?" Actually it is still quite likely that Obama will preside over his state funeral! Jimmy Carter recently liked cancer for now and is still teaching Sunday school and looking good for his age, he still has a decent shot of living another two years and beating Gerald Ford's record to become the longest lived US President in history. George HW Bush on the other hand at that GOP debate looked like something out of Weekend At Bernie's!

Surely there's some kind of poetic irony in Hillary physically burying him 25 years after her husband buried him politically?

I concur with you in the Jimmy v George HW debate. Jimmy's going nowhere soon, if suggestions of the cancer remission are solid.

Happy 92nd. :party: