Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

10 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

ghwb.jpg

Bush seems to be working hard on his legacy. He is doing a lot of heart warming things lately. Wonder if History in the END will be Kind to G.H.W. Bush?

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

Bush seems to be working hard on his legacy. He is doing a lot of heart warming things lately. Wonder if History in the END will be Kind to G.H.W. Bush?

Womankind will feel his hand for years to come...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, theoldlady said:

He's already secured a great legacy. He is rated high enough in all presidential rankings, and is obviously considered a much better president that his son ever was.

My dad always says that all republican presidents after Eisenhower and except for Ford and HW deserved to end up in prison for one thing or the other.

Bush Sr. might end up being the last respected Republican president for a considerable time.

It might just be the angle but Bush looks really bloated to me (look at his hands). Downing looks in good health - would bet on him outliving Bush.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's a nasty discoloration but he's had that for a couple years I think. 

His joints must ache with every movement. They're full of water.

Bush will go first judging by that pic. Davros looked better ! 

On this day, both Presidents Truman (1972) and Ford (2006) died. If Bush Sr. were to day between tomorrow and New Year's Eve, he will be the president to die latest in the calendar year.

• Like 2

He is present every year on my Deathlists from 2013... after he was hospitalized in the month of December 2012... in the same month were hospitalized Mandela and Hugo Chavez... Mandela and Chavez died both in 2013... but Bush is still here... why? 

Definitely one of the keepers for next year.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

He is present every year on my Deathlists from 2013... after he was hospitalized in the month of December 2012... in the same month were hospitalized Mandela and Hugo Chavez... Mandela and Chavez died both in 2013... but Bush is still here... why? 

Cause Hugo Chavez had terminal cancer, Mandela was already 95 and very frail in his last years, while George H W Bush had bouts with less serious diseases and vascular parkinsonism, which is an incurable but slower (chronic) disease.

That being said, he is still frail and I don't think that he has too many years left in him. (But then again, I thought the same about Zsa Zsa and Billy Graham 5 years ago.)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GossipGabe said:

Cause Hugo Chavez had terminal cancer, Mandela was already 95 and very frail in his last years, while George H W Bush had bouts with less serious diseases and vascular parkinsonism, which is an incurable but slower (chronic) disease.

That being said, he is still frail and I don't think that he has too many years left in him. (But then again, I thought the same about Zsa Zsa and Billy Graham 5 years ago.)

Agree completely. George definitely has the potential to go down the Zsa Zsa path. With even better care as a former president, a less lengthy medical history than Zsa Zsa, and the constant threat of losing his house non-existant, George can even surpass ZZ and Billy imo. I wouldn't be completely shocked if George made it to 100.

Just now, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Agree completely. George definitely has the potential to go down the Zsa Zsa path. With even better care as a former president, a less lengthy medical history than Zsa Zsa, and the constant threat of losing his house non-existant, George can even surpass ZZ and Billy imo. I wouldn't be completely shocked if George made it to 100.

I would not be completely shocked but surprised still.

While I wouldn’t be completely surprised of him making 100, my gut feeling is still that he won’t see his 94th birthday next year...

Aye, so when I said I thought he might be Number one this year, I was close!

4 hours ago, msc said:

Aye, so when I said I thought he might be Number one this year, I was close!

Top half of the list. Close enough. 

• Haha 1

Speaking of former presidents, I think it's time to put Argentina's former president, Isabelita Perón, on next year's deathlist.

22 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

babs.jpg

Wow! Half of my friends have already died in their 50s and 60s, no less been married for even 25 years! This is amazing actually. 

• Like 3

Some relevant things I would like to note

So, the oldest ever president of the US anyway has been 93. While one might say "it's not a competition" (to see who can live the longest) it's to be a new record if Bush senior sees his next birthday

His son (also George Bush) is 71 (72 this summer) and the oldest person I can think of to still have both their parents

So if Bush senior makes 100 (and assume Barbara is still alive by then also), we will have someone who's 78 with both parents living

2 hours ago, MDavidSteel said:

Some relevant things I would like to note

So, the oldest ever president of the US anyway has been 93. While one might say "it's not a competition" (to see who can live the longest) it's to be a new record if Bush senior sees his next birthday

His son (also George Bush) is 71 (72 this summer) and the oldest person I can think of to still have both their parents

So if Bush senior makes 100 (and assume Barbara is still alive by then also), we will have someone who's 78 with both parents living

Something relevant: Doreen Keogh died in 2017, so you need a new name for your shadowlist. ;)

On 11/29/2017 at 23:02, Life Is Beautiful said:

Has met with 104 year-old Lt. Jim Downing, the oldest living survivor of Pearl Harbor.

DPGy5U5XcAEUqLS.jpg

On 11/30/2017 at 04:54, NJD123 said:

It might just be the angle but Bush looks really bloated to me (look at his hands). Downing looks in good health - would bet on him outliving Bush.

You lost your bet.

• Sad 4