Guest Death List Watcher

George Bush Senior

44 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Last occasion I can find is Nelson Mandela's funeral

15969662_LONDON-ENGLAND-APRIL-17-Former-Prime-Ministers-Gordon-Brown-Tony-Blair-Norma-Major-2.jpg

A royal death is likely to be the next one; which at this rate will see May's successor, May herself, Cameron, Brown, Blair and Major for a total of 6

Oh I think the tories will realise it will look very selfish very party before country to depose of Theresa May before brexit is formally completed in March 2019.

I think she will leave office in 2019, so I guess it all depends how long Prince Philip has left for your prediction to come true. 

Sorry to complain, but can a mod please move the information that is regarding the UK Prime Ministers and not Bush Sr elsewhere? I don't want to read through a thread for a person and see that it's completely off topic in every way possible...

Love this one - PMs of the Queen. Needs updated though.

10393836_10153508937400991_8428619604382663381_n.jpg

• Haha 1

I think Bush will make it to 2018 but I think Jimmy Carter will quickly break the record of longest lived US President and perhaps hold that record for quite some time just as the previous record holder did. I think that was Gerald Ford? 

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I think the tories will realise it will look very selfish very party before country to depose of Theresa May before brexit is formally completed in March 2019.

I think she will leave office in 2019, so I guess it all depends how long Prince Philip has left for your prediction to come true. 

Doesn't matter either way - as the cenotaph services are a possible in-between point it could happen.

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Sorry to complain, but can a mod please move the information that is regarding the UK Prime Ministers and not Bush Sr elsewhere? I don't want to read through a thread for a person and see that it's completely off topic in every way possible...

Apologies for the off-topic. 

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Love this one - PMs of the Queen. Needs updated though.

10393836_10153508937400991_8428619604382663381_n.jpg

Would probably have the Queen whacking may over the head with a handbag. Unfortunately I don't have the skill to do that.

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

He's certainly on the track. There's never been a president that has been this bad of a car wreck within their first year.

Bush was doing infinitely better in 2001.

Google William Henry Harrison. He was much, much worse. Believe me. Total disaster. Sad.

2 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Google William Henry Harrison. He was much, much worse. Believe me. Total disaster. Sad.

To be fair to Harrison, he never really had the chance to do anything in office because he didn't wear a rain coat on inauguration day, so there's not really much to judge him on (although with the exception of James K Polk, all the presidents between Van Buren and Buchanan were terrible in their own right, so I'm not sure he would be that highly rated even if he lasted more than a month). Trump, on the other hand, actually had time to show whether he can be a good president or not. Although some presidents are able to make some sort of a comeback after a terrible first year such as Kennedy, Trump really needs to do a lot in order for him to change the his time from a terrible president to a decent president, and with his behavior in office constantly being unpresidential, sadly I don't see him turning the tide for the better...

• Like 1

Fuck sakes, all the activity and I thought the cunt had pegged jSHe7.gif

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

To be fair to Harrison, he never really had the chance to do anything in office because he didn't wear a rain coat on inauguration day, so there's not really much to judge him on (although with the exception of James K Polk, all the presidents between Van Buren and Buchanan were terrible in their own right, so I'm not sure he would be that highly rated even if he lasted more than a month). Trump, on the other hand, actually had time to show whether he can be a good president or not. Although some presidents are able to make some sort of a comeback after a terrible first year such as Kennedy, Trump really needs to do a lot in order for him to change the his time from a terrible president to a decent president, and with his behavior in office constantly being unpresidential, sadly I don't see him turning the tide for the better...

The fact he still managed to fuck up by isolating his allies and getting too big for his boots despite dying 31 days into office is a testament to how shit he was.

• Like 1

This discussion reminded me of one of the greatest bits The Simpsons have ever done.

"I died in 30 days!" LOOOOOOOL

Well I finally took a look at the entire benefit concert to see what you guys are talking about:

OK, Let me tell you that this is George HW Bush at his most weak physically, he was at times unable to even clap to what the other presidents were saying. And there is this particular moment (first picture) that, had it been any other individual that night, would have been considered an insult to the flag.

But mentally, he was still as sharp as ever, he was aware of everything, especially to the five (!) standing ovations he received . There was one particular cute moment where the MC of the ceremony made an allusion to his library, and he raised his hand as to say "I'm the Bush he's talking about".

It's also nice to see Clinton wheeling old Poppy Bush away. It was also great that he spoke on his behalf. Just shows how much they have become good friends and almost like father and son over the years.

His sock game is also as strong as ever!

PS: One thing you guys forgot to mention: mother Barbara was using an oxygen tank for the first time, and it's never a good sign. She just HAS to be on next year's Deathlist.

DMwU7FNXcAIMXG5.jpg

DMvWHCPUIAA5zRM.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

PS: One thing you guys forgot to mention: mother Barbara was using an oxygen tank for the first time, and it's never a good sign. She just HAS to be on next year's Deathlist.

Agree. She need to be included in the Deathlist 2018. 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2017 at 17:40, Deathray said:

A royal death is likely to be the next one; which at this rate will see May's successor, May herself, Cameron, Brown, Blair and Major for a total of 6.

By the time you're waiting for a royal funeral, we could have nine living current or former PMs:

1. Major

2. Blair

3. Brown

4. Cameron

5. May

6. May's successor

7. The Person who replaces May's successor

8. Corbyn

9. The Person MI6 replace Corbyn with 10 hours after election

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

It's also nice to see Clinton wheeling old Poppy Bush away. It was also great that he spoke on his behalf. Just shows how much they have become good friends and almost like father and son over the years.

Always a good time to bring up the Bush Sr to Clinton letter from 93...

1993-Bush-Letter-to-Bill-Clinton-CREDIT.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, msc said:

Always a good time to bring up the Bush Sr to Clinton letter from 93...

1993-Bush-Letter-to-Bill-Clinton-CREDIT.

Wonder what Killary wrote to Trump? Most likely she made a reference to the Clinton Body Count......

7 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Wonder what Killary wrote to Trump? Most likely she made a reference to the Clinton Body Count......

That would obviously imply "Killary" was president.

The letter was from outgoing Pres. to President, not election loser to election winner.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

That would obviously imply "Killary" was president.

The letter was from outgoing Pres. to President, not election loser to election winner.

Me bad! Thought it concerned all congratulation letters. 

Already apologised, according to the Beeb.

A spokesman for Mr Bush said the incident was an attempt at humour.

"President Bush would never - under any circumstance - intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologises if his attempt at humour offended Ms Lind," a statement supplied to outlets including the Daily Mail and People magazine said.

I don't want to appear to be making light of what is a serious subject, but if he's up to groping women maybe he has a few years left in him yet.Then again the excitement of it might induce a massive stroke or heart attack! if this report had come out a few weeks ago we could have done a sweepstake on whether he would outlast Hugh Hefner or not !

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

I don't want to appear to be making light of what is a serious subject, but if he's up to groping women maybe he has a few years left in him yet.Then again the excitement of it might induce a massive stroke or heart attack!

:facepalm:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I don't want to appear to be making light of what is a serious subject, but if he's up to groping women maybe he has a few years left in him yet.Then again the excitement of it might induce a massive stroke or heart attack! if this report had come out a few weeks ago we could have done a sweepstake on whether he would outlast Hugh Hefner or not !

It happened in 2014 though.

I bet he hasn't kept his hands to himself in the intervening period.