Death Watch Beatle

Peter Sutcliffe

I switched on the news on the radio and at first I thought they were saying the Yorkshire Ripper himself had died.What a dissappointment ! :angry:

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I switched on the news on the radio and at first I thought they were saying the Yorkshire Ripper himself had died.What a dissappointment ! :angry:

Sutcliffe doesn't think so

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I thought for a split second Sutcliffe had finally snuffed it too so understand your disappointment but as long as he is in pain and suffering it will do for now, don’t wish anyone harm but happily make an exception for him will be a great day when he dies.

19 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

I thought for a split second Sutcliffe had finally snuffed it too so understand your disappointment but as long as he is in pain and suffering it will do for now, don’t wish anyone harm but happily make an exception for him will be a great day when he dies.

But...

I'll guarantee you now there'll be less jubilation than the day Thatcher died (and likely no ironic #1 record to follow)

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

But...

I'll guarantee you now there'll be less jubilation than the day Thatcher died (and likely no ironic #1 record to follow)

True Ding Dong the Witch is dead was just so perfect for Maggie Thatcher.

32 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

But...

Rightly so.  

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

But...

Oh aye, and...

One reason for that is - I guess - the somewhat surreal nature of some of Sutcliffe's most atrocious acts means that some people just marvel at the extremity and inventiveness of it all. It's a bit sick but in All Points North by Simon Armitage (basically a 20 year old book in which he explores what it is to be northern) there's a list of unlikely encounters in the first chapter in which he says the north is where this person meets that person. At one point in that list he pairs David Hockney and Peter Sutcliffe and just lets that thought hang there. He also says the north is where Bernard Ingham meets Prince Naseem Hamed (or if there's any justice he does).

Sutcliffe - according to lurid tabloid details - is, apparently, considering marrying 27 year old American Krystal Smith and/or fathering a child with her via IVF. The good news from our point of view is it'll keep him in the news along with health updates.

Was allegedly "weeks from death" back in July. Let's hope there aren't too many weeks left.

Tobin will beat Sutcliffe in the Peter battle. Maybe. I dunno.

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Tobin will beat Sutcliffe in the Peter battle. Maybe. I dunno.

Hell yeah, Tobin first for sure - summat I said on the comments on the 2020 DL

But quite possibily both of the monsters done and dusted by the end of this year

He'll hopefully be joining his mate Saville in hell very soon.

3 hours ago, Head57 said:

He'll hopefully be joining his mate Saville in hell very soon.

Not sure of the connection there

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

Not sure of the connection there

I think Jimmy Savile once introduced Peter Sutcliffe to Frank Bruno or summat.

I finished watching a very decent three part documentary last night(still available to view on BBC I Player) . Simply unbelievable footage of police,journalists etc spouting out sexist ,racist anti working class rubbish . It was amazing this guy was ever actually caught ! We learn mid-way through episode two  that "The Special One " got involved after numerous police failings and gave them her views (orders). Now , I'm not saying that it was Maggie who solved the case , but it is certainly yet another example of how wonderful and intelligent she was....WAY ahead of her time.

I don’t think Frank Bruno was too bright even before he started getting punched in the head for a career.

Last night I was reading about Sutcliffe’s arrest. It was mainly chance, but I think his luck was about due to run out. I don’t think the police were entirely to blame - if he’d be caught much sooner nowadays (I think he would) it’s because data processing methods have improved out of recognition.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2020 at 14:23, maryportfuncity said:

You can't help but read stuff like that, about how Jimmy Savile and Sutcliffe knew each other, and think: "Man, that's really lowered my opinion of the Yorkshire Ripper, that has!"

• Haha 6

Wasn't it revealed (whether it was just utter tosh or not, I forget...there was lots of mad stuff about Savile that turned out to be true) that the police briefly suspected Jimmy Savile to be the Yorkshire Ripper? And there are still some conspiracy theorists who believe he was?

29 minutes ago, Funeralopolis said:

Put the bastard to the bottom of the list in fact don’t even treat him after what he has done. I generally don’t want or wish anyone any harm but people like him are the exception to the rule, hope he is suffering.

• Like 3

Hopefully he can join his good friend savile soon. 

On 10/03/2020 at 18:47, Fergie86 said:

Put the bastard to the bottom of the list in fact don’t even treat him after what he has done. I generally don’t want or wish anyone any harm but people like him are the exception to the rule, hope he is suffering.

what did he do?

• Haha 1