27. Doug EllisEx-Aston Villa Chairman

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Peter Beater_*

Guest_Peter Beater_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

"Deadly" Doug Ellis, chairman at Aston Villa for the last 79 years (it just seems that long) has undergone heart bypass surgery. He had prostate cancer last year too. Makes you wonder....

#2 Lady Die

Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:15 AM

Sounds like a sick bunny but not sure if he's famous enough.
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#3 Josco

Josco

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:19 AM

Hear hear. Who's Aston Villa?

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".
William Pitt, 1783

Shaw's Principle: "Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it."

#4 Tuber Mirum

Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:52 AM

He was in Blake's Seven.
  • Davey Jones' Locker likes this

#5 Anubis the Jackal

Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

He was in Blake's Seven.

Ha Ha Ha...

err... don't get it
Pardon me but I got to run<br />The fact's uncommonly clear<br />I got to find who's now the number one<br />And why my angel eyes ain't here<br /><br />Excuse me while I disappear

#6 Death Watch Beatle

Death Watch Beatle

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1596 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

I believe this is the chap in question.

http://www.tarrantno...lib/michael.htm

HTH

DWB :(

#7 Tuber Mirum

Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • 3199 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:38 AM

Thank you DWB!

It's good to see there are still some people of culture left on the list. :(

#8 Brinsworth House Baiter

Brinsworth House Baiter

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

Hear hear. Who's Aston Villa?

Now, now, there's no need for that!

As a diehard Villa fan this thread is of great interest to me. Yep, Doug's famous enough all right, for when he goes the back pages of the tabloids will be full of it. He's also very big in the travel world as well, or rather he was until he made his money & then decided to siphon the rest of his fortune out of our once great football club.

No point in discussing him anyway- the bastard's obviously immortal. :)
I am the crow king!

I can do anything!

Any Editors Out There? Gissa B-Job... www.pitcherthis.co.uk

Please.

I've just noticed the cunning moderation of my above signature. I'd like to thank the rogue moderator responsible and also add- prospective editors, please note that a B-Job would go down just as well as a proper one. Quite possibly even more so.

#9 Godot

Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3860 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:46 PM

That last post sounds like one for Mssrs Sue, Grabbit and Run. What is the asset value of the deathlist I wonder?
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#10 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15030 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

If and when he goes we might finally see a Villa manager lasting longer than a fruitgum.

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#11 Colonel Cinders

Colonel Cinders

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:17 AM

Doug made his dosh flying relief into Berlin after the 2nd world war alonng with Freddy Laker and the formed a holiday firm called "Ellerman Sunflight" I think
He apparently still likes a game of tennis
IT WILL ALL COME OUT IN THE WASH!

#12 Brinsworth House Baiter

Brinsworth House Baiter

Assassin

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:05 AM

Doug made his dosh flying relief into Berlin after the 2nd world war alonng with Freddy Laker and the formed a holiday firm called "Ellerman Sunflight" I think
He apparently still likes a game of tennis

Doesn't surprise me at all. Sounds exactly like the kind of scheme the old twister would employ to make a few quid, capitalising on other's misfortune.

Fair play to him mind- if only I'd thought of it & been born earlier. I blame my parents.
I am the crow king!

I can do anything!

Please.

I've just noticed the cunning moderation of my above signature. I'd like to thank the rogue moderator responsible and also add- prospective editors, please note that a B-Job would go down just as well as a proper one. Quite possibly even more so.

#13 Godot

Godot

In a minute

• Members
  • 3860 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:33 AM

"The chairman is an old man today. He's sick. He's 83. He wants to go," so says that deathlister in the making, Sven-Goran Eriksson, of Doug Ellis in the News of the Screws today. Thanks Sven.
Ring down the curtain, the farce is over

#14 Brinsworth House Baiter

Brinsworth House Baiter

Assassin

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:33 PM

A Villa fan's thoughts on the matter- when you consider Sven & Becks, suddenly David O' Leary doesn't seem so bad.
I am the crow king!

I can do anything!

Please.

#15 Brinsworth House Baiter

Brinsworth House Baiter

Assassin

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:53 PM

A Villa fan's thoughts on the matter- when you consider Sven & Becks, suddenly David O' Leary doesn't seem so bad.

I can't believe I wrote that! He was that bad. Anyway, he's gone now- all hail Martin O' Neil (one L, two L's? Who cares?)

And so is Doug Ellis! Gone!

Not dead and thereby giving me any points in Weatherman's/ or is Gunjaman's pool, but he's gone! As of midnight last night it was official and Randy Lerner (not Robin Asquith in Confessions of a Driving Insrtuctor) is now Villa's new chairman.

Who gives a sh*t I hear you collectively cry? I do, as does half of B6 Birmingham. The dark days of Ellis are gone! Yahoo! Yeehah!

Now all I want is a place in the front of a queue when they pull Doug's name down off the Witton Road stand. The vain tosser, I could never believe he did that.

Wahey!

Bye bye Doug! I don't care if you are immortal now- have a good, long life- live to be a 1000, I don't give a crap, not now you're out of Villa Park, you stone age bastard.
I am the crow king!

I can do anything!

Please.

#16 Grande Pablo

Grande Pablo

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

In the top 50 for the first time - maybe relegation will finally finish him off.

DDP 2012 Morbid Midlands XX - 1/20 (Anthony Bate) =430th - 9 points

DDP 2013 Cannock Killing Club - 0/20 =531st - 0 points

DDP 2014 M6 Toll(ed) - 3/20 (Raymond Morris, Tommy Mundon & Billie Whitelaw) =124th - 27 points 

DDP 2015 M6 Toll(ed) - 2/20 (Tom Coyne & Don Howe) =130th - 27 points

DDP 2016 M6 Toll(ed) - 3/20 (Kenny Baker, Geoffery Hill, Peter Vaughan) = 270th - 22 points

DDP 2017 M6 Toll(ed)
Ed Doolan - Joker, Eileen Atkins, Ann Beach, Edward Clayton, Stephanie Cole, David Daker, Sir Doug Ellis, Ann Heydon Jones, Anne Heywood, Vince Hill, Elgar Howarth, Dave Latchford, Valarie Minifie, Anna Quayle, Ron Saunders, Richard Shepherd, Alan Smith, Leila Williams, Colin Withers, Frank Windsor.

#17 Spade_Cooley

Spade_Cooley

Rich Homie Quantick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4775 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

I can't believe I wrote that! He was that bad. Anyway, he's gone now- all hail Martin O' Neil (one L, two L's? Who cares?)

And so is Doug Ellis! Gone!

Not dead and thereby giving me any points in Weatherman's/ or is Gunjaman's pool, but he's gone! As of midnight last night it was official and Randy Lerner (not Robin Asquith in Confessions of a Driving Insrtuctor) is now Villa's new chairman.

Who gives a sh*t I hear you collectively cry? I do, as does half of B6 Birmingham. The dark days of Ellis are gone! Yahoo! Yeehah!

Now all I want is a place in the front of a queue when they pull Doug's name down off the Witton Road stand. The vain tosser, I could never believe he did that.

Wahey!

Bye bye Doug! I don't care if you are immortal now- have a good, long life- live to be a 1000, I don't give a crap, not now you're out of Villa Park, you stone age bastard.

Whoops.

• charon likes this

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

#18 Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2755 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

92 Today :champagne:

Shadow Deathlist 2017:

1)Tony Booth 2)Leah Bracknell 3)Kirk Douglas 4)Billy Graham 5)Herman Wouk 6)David Rockefeller 7)Clare Hollingworth 8)Leslie Phillips 9)Peter Sallis 10 )Nobby Stiles 11)Glen Campbell 12)Peter Skellern 13)Denis Norden 14)Javier Perez de Cuellar 15)Jake LaMotta 16)George H.W Bush 17)Prince Philip 18)Jerry Lewis 19)Ian Brady 20)Helmut Kohl 21)Jacques Chirac 22)Fats Domino 23)Peter Sarstedt 24)Pierre Cardin 25)Colin Meads 26)John Noakes 27)Ray Kennedy 28)Sheila Mercier 29)Stephen Hawking30)Vera Lynn 31)Olivia de Havilland 32)Ray Wilson 33)Mary Tyler Moore 34)Prunella Scales35)Liz Dawn36)Chuck Berry37)Bill Maynard 38)Paul Gascoigne 39)Jimmy Carter 40)Peter Carrington 41)Stan Lee 42)Henry Kissinger 43)Bob Dole 44)Tony Iommi 5)Doris Day 46)Nicholas Parsons 47)John Hurt 48)Freddie Starr 49)Charles Aznavour 50)Robert Mugabe

2/50

#19 Bibliogryphon

Bibliogryphon

Jolly Green Gnat

• Members
  • 4264 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

Will Villa's inevitable fall into the Championship be accompanied by Doug's demise?

<p><p><p><p>"I appear to have bypassed my good taste chip"2016 DDP Teams:Bibliogryphon's Bookworm Food (Theme Team) 3/20 I Can't Believe They're Not Deader 4/20 Unusual Suspects 6/20 2016 Shadow List:Billy Graham/Zsa Zsa Gabor/Joao Havelange/Olivia de Havilland/Peter Sallis/Muhammad Ali/Mary Tyler Moore/Tony Booth/Paul Gascoigne/Leslie Philips/Liz Dawn/Herman Wouk/Richard Adams/Glenn Campbell/Bhumibol Adulyadej/Denis Norden/Rodney Bewes/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh/Clive James/Nancy Reagan/Peter Sutcliffe /Douglas Hurd/Martin Crowe/Helmut Kohl/Peter Vaughan/Jimmy Young/Don Rickles/June Brown/Bob Wilson/Mikhail Gorbachov/Grand Duke Jean I of Luxembourg/William Russell/Everton Weekes/Sidney Poitier/Walter Mondale/John Hurt/Dave Whelan/Brian Blessed/Tom Baker/Joni Mitchell/Abdelaziz Bouteflika/Val Kilmer /Robert Mugabe/Valerie Harper/Jimmy Carter /Cher /George Bush Snr/Neil Simon/Gordon Banks/Sheila Sim 9/50 (2015: 7/50)

#20 Sir Creep

Sir Creep

uber twunt

• Members
  • 4800 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

Wrong Ellis.
Shoulda chose Bob like I did.
All in.
SC
2015 Shaun's Death By Numbers -- CHAMPION --- 269 points8/502015 Necronomicon Suh DP (Doug Stanhope site) - Sir Creep -- CHAMPION 546 points 12/20, 86 teams 2016 Unofficial Second effing Place (USFP) - Deathrace2016  :banghead: 2016 Shadow List: (26 / 50)<p>[/size][/font]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users