Guest Peter Beater

Doug Ellis

Guest Peter Beater

"Deadly" Doug Ellis, chairman at Aston Villa for the last 79 years (it just seems that long) has undergone heart bypass surgery. He had prostate cancer last year too. Makes you wonder....

Sounds like a sick bunny but not sure if he's famous enough.

Hear hear. Who's Aston Villa?

Thank you DWB!

It's good to see there are still some people of culture left on the list. :(

Hear hear. Who's Aston Villa?

Now, now, there's no need for that!

As a diehard Villa fan this thread is of great interest to me. Yep, Doug's famous enough all right, for when he goes the back pages of the tabloids will be full of it. He's also very big in the travel world as well, or rather he was until he made his money & then decided to siphon the rest of his fortune out of our once great football club.

No point in discussing him anyway- the bastard's obviously immortal. :)

That last post sounds like one for Mssrs Sue, Grabbit and Run. What is the asset value of the deathlist I wonder?

If and when he goes we might finally see a Villa manager lasting longer than a fruitgum.

Doug made his dosh flying relief into Berlin after the 2nd world war alonng with Freddy Laker and the formed a holiday firm called "Ellerman Sunflight" I think

He apparently still likes a game of tennis

Doug made his dosh flying relief into Berlin after the 2nd world war alonng with Freddy Laker and the formed a holiday firm called "Ellerman Sunflight" I think

He apparently still likes a game of tennis

Doesn't surprise me at all. Sounds exactly like the kind of scheme the old twister would employ to make a few quid, capitalising on other's misfortune.

Fair play to him mind- if only I'd thought of it & been born earlier. I blame my parents.

"The chairman is an old man today. He's sick. He's 83. He wants to go," so says that deathlister in the making, Sven-Goran Eriksson, of Doug Ellis in the News of the Screws today. Thanks Sven.

A Villa fan's thoughts on the matter- when you consider Sven & Becks, suddenly David O' Leary doesn't seem so bad.

A Villa fan's thoughts on the matter- when you consider Sven & Becks, suddenly David O' Leary doesn't seem so bad.

I can't believe I wrote that! He was that bad. Anyway, he's gone now- all hail Martin O' Neil (one L, two L's? Who cares?)

And so is Doug Ellis! Gone!

Not dead and thereby giving me any points in Weatherman's/ or is Gunjaman's pool, but he's gone! As of midnight last night it was official and Randy Lerner (not Robin Asquith in Confessions of a Driving Insrtuctor) is now Villa's new chairman.

Who gives a sh*t I hear you collectively cry? I do, as does half of B6 Birmingham. The dark days of Ellis are gone! Yahoo! Yeehah!

Now all I want is a place in the front of a queue when they pull Doug's name down off the Witton Road stand. The vain tosser, I could never believe he did that.

Wahey!

Bye bye Doug! I don't care if you are immortal now- have a good, long life- live to be a 1000, I don't give a crap, not now you're out of Villa Park, you stone age bastard.

In the top 50 for the first time - maybe relegation will finally finish him off.

I can't believe I wrote that! He was that bad. Anyway, he's gone now- all hail Martin O' Neil (one L, two L's? Who cares?)

And so is Doug Ellis! Gone!

Not dead and thereby giving me any points in Weatherman's/ or is Gunjaman's pool, but he's gone! As of midnight last night it was official and Randy Lerner (not Robin Asquith in Confessions of a Driving Insrtuctor) is now Villa's new chairman.

Who gives a sh*t I hear you collectively cry? I do, as does half of B6 Birmingham. The dark days of Ellis are gone! Yahoo! Yeehah!

Now all I want is a place in the front of a queue when they pull Doug's name down off the Witton Road stand. The vain tosser, I could never believe he did that.

Wahey!

Bye bye Doug! I don't care if you are immortal now- have a good, long life- live to be a 1000, I don't give a crap, not now you're out of Villa Park, you stone age bastard.

Whoops.

• Like 1

Will Villa's inevitable fall into the Championship be accompanied by Doug's demise?

Wrong Ellis.

Shoulda chose Bob like I did.

All in.

SC

Latest interview with Deadly Doug from a day or so back, hilarious to see Villa fans go "he was the greatest owner we ever had, what a great football man" considering he was about as popular in Birmingham as someone going "this shopping centre is a really dumb shape" for about 15 years.

Latest interview with Deadly Doug from a day or so back, hilarious to see Villa fans go "he was the greatest owner we ever had, what a great football man" considering he was about as popular in Birmingham as someone going "this shopping centre is a really dumb shape" for about 15 years.

Yeah but...

It is a really dumb shape

• Like 1