It's a long shot, since he's not ill or anything, but he seems to age very quickly, so it's a good be that he might succumb to something sooner rather than later.

Guest Whiskyhead

Yeh he does look a bit rough maybe he was closer to Freddy than we thought

I think Alex Higgins will go before him

Hopefully not before the staff at his record label have had a chance to put a large amount of money on Bohemian Rhapsody being Christmas Number One in the charts.

As of course happened when Freddie carked it.

Wasn't Sir Francis Chichester alive - just - when he featured on a stamp?

don't forget he's also on a UK postage stamp, which (I believe) makes him the only non royal to be so honoured whilst still alive.  An omen, perhaps?

Maybe he's already dead but failed to notice it.

regards,

Hein

The drummer with unquestionably the worst band in the history of the world. He seems like a nice enough man in himself but when he and May die at least there will be no more re-union concerts blocking up the traffic in Park Lane and stopping me getting home on time.

The drummer with unquestionably the worst band in the history of the world. He seems like a nice enough man in himself but when he and May die at least there will be no more re-union concerts blocking up the traffic in Park Lane and stopping me getting home on time.

My vote for worst band ever would go to Loverboy. Check out this for an album cover: http://sherpaguides.com/bios/graphics/loverboy2.jpg And don't forget the music - Hot Girls in Love, anyone?

Somehow I doubt the Canadian government will be featuring Mike Reno or any of his colleagues on a postage stamp.

I'll see that image and raise you this

http://www.astabgay.com/gayicons/fred3.jpg

when Queen were in their pomp in the late 1970's, did people know Freedie was gay? I'm thinking not, but I lived in the US then and am influenced by the fact the Detroit Lions fans adopted Another One Bits the Dust as their sort of anthem, and American gridiron fans are the only group on earth more homophobic than British football fans.

when Queen were in their pomp in the late 1970's, did people know Freedie was gay?

Well i sit and think. Wasn't the name of the band Queen?

don't forget he's also on a UK postage stamp, which (I believe) makes him the only non royal to be so honoured whilst still alive.

No - they put Diana on stamps aswell.

don't forget he's also on a UK postage stamp, which (I believe) makes him the only non royal to be so honoured whilst still alive. 

No - they put Diana on stamps aswell.

Diana was in the royal family

Don't remind me. :huh:

I'm thinking not, but I lived in the US then and am influenced by the fact the Detroit Lions fans adopted Another One Bits the Dust as their sort of anthem, and American gridiron fans are the only group on earth more homophobic than British football fans.

In a similar vein, I seem to remember even quite recently a Gary Glitter tune being regularly blasted out at NBA games - unless I'm mistaken, Mr Glitter's back catalogue has been exiled (along with him) from the UK some time ago.

I'll see that image and raise you this

http://www.astabgay.com/gayicons/fred3.jpg

when Queen were in their pomp in the late 1970's, did people know Freedie was gay? I'm thinking not, but I lived in the US then and am influenced by the fact the Detroit Lions fans adopted Another One Bits the Dust as their sort of anthem, and American gridiron fans are the only group on earth more homophobic than British football fans.

I don't think it was widely assumed he was gay. I think music industry insiders knew a bit more than the average fan. Record Mirror used to call him Fruitcake Freddie which was a bit of a clue I suppose, but you have to remember that the band emerged in the glam rock era, when it was OK to describe stars as "camp", "flamboyant", "outrageous" etc - and a lot of them were quite coy about their sexuality.

You never get high-profile AIDS casualties now, do you? After the mid-to-late 80s cull (Mercury, Rock Hudson, Liberace, Kenny Everett) I suppose they're all being a bit more careful.

I'm thinking not, but I lived in the US then and am influenced by the fact the Detroit Lions fans adopted Another One Bits the Dust as their sort of anthem, and American gridiron fans are the only group on earth more homophobic than British football fans.

In a similar vein, I seem to remember even quite recently a Gary Glitter tune being regularly blasted out at NBA games - unless I'm mistaken, Mr Glitter's back catalogue has been exiled (along with him) from the UK some time ago.

GR is quite correct. Rock 'n' Roll Part 2 (aka "the Hey Song" b/c it goes .... "da da da da da da da, Hey!") can still be heard at various US sports arenas. Ironic in a country which places so much importance on children, but the truth is while probably 95%+ of US sports fans would say they'd heard the song, about 2% have heard of Gary Glitter or know anything about his sordid past.

Whatever happened to Rock 'n' Roll, Part One?

Whatever happened to Rock 'n' Roll, Part One?

It went on holiday with Sex and Drugs. It was last sighted in Cambodia, last Christmas.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest
You never get high-profile AIDS casualties now, do you? After the mid-to-late 80s cull (Mercury, Rock Hudson, Liberace, Kenny Everett) I suppose they're all being a bit more careful.

Holly Johnson has got to develop full blown AIDS some time,he's been dodging that bullet too long.

I thought Freddie was bisexual not gay. He lived with Austrian actress Barbara Valentin for years. She was known as "The German Jayne Mansfield " because she was blonde with big boobs and not because she was almost decapitaed in a xar accident.

Quite why she called German when she was Austrian is unclear.

Well, people often tend to think of Adolf Hitler as being German ...

Guest Kate

DID IT EVER POP IN YOUR GUYS'S MINDS THAT THIS GUY MIGHT HAVE KIDS? HOW MESSED UP IN THE MIND CAN YOU GET? THAT IS SOOO WRONG. THAT IS...SICK.