Er, who did you mean exactly? Roger Taylor, Freddie Mercury ... Adolf Hitler?

It's just harmless fun Kate. Don't let it worry your pretty little head :banghead:

You never get high-profile AIDS casualties now, do you? After the mid-to-late 80s cull (Mercury, Rock Hudson, Liberace, Kenny Everett) I suppose they're all being a bit more careful.

Not sure whether it is because they are being more careful or because of taking AZT which seems to help prevent (or stall) the onslaught of full blown AIDS.

Guest QueenForever

More like the best band in the history of the world! Queen rocked!

And I don't particularly want to think about when Roger or Brian die thanks very much! If all musicians were as talented as them they would have those two to thank.

Guest Guest

Oh yeah, to answer your question Kate, Roger does have kids. The youngest is only five, so don't you think she needs her dad for another dgood few years people?

And I don't particularly want to think about when Roger or Brian die thanks very much! If all musicians were as talented as them they would have those two to thank.

If all musicians were as talented as them, why would they want to thank these two? :angry: Don't you think they may have worked hard themselves to be as good as Roger & Brian?

You never get high-profile AIDS casualties now, do you? After the mid-to-late 80s cull (Mercury, Rock Hudson, Liberace, Kenny Everett) I suppose they're all being a bit more careful.

A bit more careful you say? Alot like f*****g the opposite sex which

should be done in the first place.

A bit more careful you say? Alot like f*****g the opposite sex which

should be done in the first place.

Huh? Lay off the coffee BS, you're gibbering man!

In that case I revise my earlier opion . They are not in fact the worst band in the world just the most overrated.

Still hate them for making me late getting home during the summer though.

In that case I revise my earlier opion . They are not in fact the worst band in the world just the most overrated.

For most overrated band in the world, I'd go for Radiohead. They have what, 7 or 8 good songs, then got so full of themselves they decided to become musically inaccessible. OK Computer the best album of all time? Never - 3 decent tracks, the rest a bunch of impenetrable twiddles and beeps. And for years they refused to play the song that made them, "Creep", because, um, they're too important or something.

I reckon that's why Coldplay suddenly hit the big time in 2000. They appealed to all the Radiohead fans who were bewildered by the way the band was going. And personally, I prefer "The Bends" to "OK Computer".

Of course, the Coldplay backlash will start soon (if it hasn't already).

For most overrated band in the world, I'd go for Radiohead. They have what, 7 or 8 good songs, then got so full of themselves they decided to become musically inaccessible. OK Computer the best album of all time? Never - 3 decent tracks, the rest a bunch of impenetrable twiddles and beeps. And for years they refused to play the song that made them, "Creep", because, um, they're too important or something.

I did say that around the time that people started to talk about OK Computer as the best album of all itme. But now it has to be Queen not only because their music is not that good (on the level of any other half way decent 70's rock band like Uriah Heep in fact) but also because of the vast posthoumous industry that has sprung uop around them-the musicals, the after death albums, the nonsense about Freddie being some sort of great human and humanitarian etc.

Some time around the release of their debut single in my book.

But now it has to be Queen not only because their music is not that good (on the level of any other half way decent 70's rock band like Uriah Heep in fact) but also because of the vast posthoumous industry that has sprung uop around them-the musicals, the after death albums, the nonsense about Freddie being some sort of great human and humanitarian etc.

But does anyone actually go around contending Queen are one of the greatest bands, or they have the greatest albums, ever? I think the vast majority of people recognise Queen for what they were - over flamboyant rock gods whose music isn't to be taken seriously, but also a band who had some pretty decent songs, many of which have attained an almost legendary status - Bohemian Rhapsody, We will Rock You/We are the Champions, Another one Bites the Dust to name but three. Or is that four?

Quick, anyone, name a Uriah Heep song......

Er,

Easy Living, always liked the organ solo on that one.

Gypsey, Sweet Lorraine there's loads and what about those great albums:

Look at Yourself, Demons and Wizards, Salisbury, Abominog

Famously slammed by one critic with words to the effect that if they made it he'd have to commit suicide.

I'm assuming he bottled it and remained alive. Anyone know for sure?

Guest Tempus Fugwit

Er,

I make it a rule to never play the organ solo

Er,

I make it a rule to never play the organ solo

nor the organ grinder.

But now it has to be Queen not only because their music is not that good (on the level of any other half way decent 70's rock band like Uriah Heep in fact) but also because of the vast posthoumous industry that has sprung uop around them-the musicals, the after death albums, the nonsense about Freddie being some sort of great human and humanitarian etc.

But does anyone actually go around contending Queen are one of the greatest bands, or they have the greatest albums, ever? I think the vast majority of people recognise Queen for what they were - over flamboyant rock gods whose music isn't to be taken seriously, but also a band who had some pretty decent songs, many of which have attained an almost legendary status - Bohemian Rhapsody, We will Rock You/We are the Champions, Another one Bites the Dust to name but three. Or is that four?

Yes they do. They are frequently rated alongside the Beatles and the Stones and the like (and yes I am aware that at least one of those bands has been hyped out of all proportion) and are talked to riiculous proportions. And the lead singer of Uriah Heep has never had a giant sliver statue of himself staring at the general public from the corner of Tottenham Court Road and new Oxford Street. What is with that thing?

And what is up with Freddie suddenly being proclaimed as some sort of hero for the dissposessed? Coke addled, rent boy using millionaire maybe.

For a Uriah Heep song I would nominate Salisbury.

For Roger Taylor I would say he has a good few years of chasing ramblers off his estate and dating leggy blondes still to come.

And for years they refused to play the song that made them, "Creep", because, um, they're too important or something.

So you hate bands that leave their fans High and Dry then?

and those that give me The Bends.

Actually, I don't hate Radiohead, I just think they're massively over-rated. I wish I could find Liam Gallagher's great quote accusing Thom Yorke of being a techie saddo and personally casting most of the internet votes that won OK Computer best album ever from Q magazine.

But I can't.

Well done on keeping post 1000 low key.

:sicktherm:

Well done on keeping post 1000 low key.

:sicktherm:

That wasn't post 1000 :)

The drummer with unquestionably the worst band in the history of the world. He seems like a nice enough man in himself but when he and May die at least there will be no more re-union concerts blocking up the traffic in Park Lane and stopping me getting home on time.

You are disgusting. I hope you die for that disgusting remark. Queen were and ARE the best band in the entire world. Freddie mercury was an amazing man with an incredible talent and it was terrible for him to die at such a young age. And it'll be AGES till Brian and Roger leave us. And if you hate them so much why discuss about them? You moron. :o