I've said it before..."THIS LADY IS NOT FOR TURNING (in her grave)"......SHE is awesome and will outlive us all !!

Interesting theory.

May I ask you, is that you in your avatar and if so, why are you dressed like a female Halibut/ terrorist.

Most Halibut women who observe hijab are not terrorists. It's a pity that a traditional form of dress should be equated with terrorism.

I've said it before..."THIS LADY IS NOT FOR TURNING (in her grave)"......SHE is awesome and will outlive us all !!

Interesting theory.

May I ask you, is that you in your avatar and if so, why are you dressed like a female Halibut/ terrorist.

Most Halibut women who observe hijab are not terrorists. It's a pity that a traditional form of dress should be equated with terrorism.

Most suicide bombers are young men, so the hijab is not relevant.

Interesting theory.

Most suicide bombers are young men, so the hijab is not relevant.

Unless they are cross-dressers :ph34r:

I actually meant Halibut women or terrorists.

I perhaps should have made that more clear.

We must try and remain PC now.

The connection though is made in people's minds. I can remember when it was ok for Cpt Hurricane in the Valiant comic to refer to Germans as "Scuttle heads" and to Japanese men as "yellow-bellied slant-eyed nips". Now you get American solidiers referring to arabs as "towel heads". I agree PC goes too far but so does stereotyping.

Guest Sara

Have everybody got Roger Taylor's email adress? :crossbone:

Have everybody got Roger Taylor's email adress? :crossbone:

Yes we correspond on a regular basis. :lol:

It's roger@queen.com.

Buggeration, I've been sending emails to roger@duranduran.co.uk for years. No wonder his replies made no sense

it's sad but true that dear old rog is starting to look his age, but i don't think he's in any danger of popping off yet. most serious caners look like that past 45, but to get there they have to have the constitution of fifty oxen. brian might be a better bet - that homemade guitar of his must be getting a bit dodgy in the wiring after nearly forty years. but if either of them go, what's paul rodgers going to do now that people finally remember who he is/was?

queen were craftsmen. but it always rankles that freddie was deemed a god for everything he did for aids research - well no, he shamefacedly owned up two days before kicking it, and the others did it all in his name. let's be fair about this - they deserve the credit for awareness, fund raising, etc.

however, having just discovered this thread, i find i missed out on a lot of crap about terrible bands... my ex-wife nearly ran mick box down in palmerston road walthamstow when he came out of the acquarium shop. she missed, and wouldn't reverse to try again. that's why she's my ex-wife.

loverboy were crap, at least thor was funny, and the worst band in the world had to be a german band called atlantis. i had to review one of their reissued albums once, and i nearly tore my ears off to escape. reissue: why?

and when will radiohead own up that they ARE a prog rock band, no matter what they say?

Guest Guest

god dammit the people on this forum are sick

No, some are old, a few are terminally ill and others are living the time of their life.

oh and a few are dead

No, some are old, a few are terminally ill and others are living the time of their life.

oh and a few are dead

Far as I know, only DLO is dead.

Can't say I'm feeling nauseous either.

Thanks for stopping by though, Mr Guest.

Toodle Pip! <_<

If you want to talk, then pay for our phyciatrist bills.

Goodness! A real, live ranter! They've been scare in these parts of late; in fact, I thought they might be extinct. Perhaps this one missed the cull.

If he or she turns up again maybe some kind soul will direct them to the jokes thread, there's a few good sickos there.

I've never heard that accusation before. However, for your information I'm just back from my company medical. The old doc say's I'm as fit as a fiddle. So I hereby dispute your accusation. :angry:

Talking about old drummers, 83 year old Ed Cassidy is still rockin' and jazzin'. Spirit were a well under-rated band.

Guest Guest
and those that give me The Bends.

Actually, I don't hate Radiohead, I just think they're massively over-rated. I wish I could find Liam Gallagher's great quote accusing Thom Yorke of being a techie saddo and personally casting most of the internet votes that won OK Computer best album ever from Q magazine.

But I can't.

But, nearly 3 years later, I can. 'Cabbage-eye Thom'.

And congratulations to Liam n Nic on their nuptials, the longest-surviving couple in showbiz.

No Roger Taylor news to report, Cap'n.

Seal: Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

Dog: Bismillah! No, we will not let you go

Passers-by: (Let him go)

Dog: Bismillah! We will not let you go

Seal: (Let me go)

Dog: Will not let you go

Seal: (Never, never, never, never let me go) Ah

Dog: No, no, no, no, no, no, no

Seal: (Oh, mamma mia, mamma mia) Mamma mia, let me go

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freddie Mercurythe seal pup, not the famed Queen frontman—became something of a national treasure in Britain and beyond after appearing on a popular morning show earlier this year.  Tragically, the "well-loved" seal was the victim of a "vicious" dog attack on Sunday. Despite rescuers' best efforts and support of the public, Freddie was euthanized hours later.

The nine-month-old Freddie was relaxing near the River Thames in London when a dog attacked him. Photos show several pedestrians trying to intervene upon witnessing the commotion and pulling the dog away from Freddie. They then used their bodies to guard him until medical assistance arrived at the scene.
SC

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Sir Charms said:

Seal: Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

Dog: Bismillah! No, we will not let you go

Seal: (Never, never, never, never let me go) Ah

Dog: No, no, no, no, no, no, no

Seal: (Oh, mamma mia, mamma mia) Mamma mia, let me go

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freddie Mercurythe seal pup, not the famed Queen frontman—became something of a national treasure in Britain and beyond after appearing on a popular morning show earlier this year.  Tragically, the "well-loved" seal was the victim of a "vicious" dog attack on Sunday. Despite rescuers' best efforts and support of the public, Freddie was euthanized hours later.

The nine-month-old Freddie was relaxing near the River Thames in London when a dog attacked him. Photos show several pedestrians trying to intervene upon witnessing the commotion and pulling the dog away from Freddie. They then used their bodies to guard him until medical assistance arrived at the scene.
SC

image.png

Thank god for that, I thought it was the Freddie Mercury for a minute!

• Haha 2

To avoid confusion, could we have a subtitle on this thread, please,  as I can think of at least three notable Roger Taylors.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toast said:

To avoid confusion, could we have a subtitle on this thread, please,  as I can think of at least three notable Roger Taylors.

Let it stand, proudly and gloriously say I, for all the world's Roger Taylors - from Queen drummers to bathroom plumbers, from tennis players to local mayors, from Duran percussionists to literary deconstructionists!

Could lead to problems fun and games if they all got ill and died at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Let it stand, proudly and gloriously say I, for all the world's Roger Taylors - from Queen drummers to bathroom plumbers, from tennis players to local mayors, from Duran percussionists to literary deconstructionists!

Could lead to problems fun and games if they all got ill and died at the same time.

According to Wiki the 79 year old Roger Taylor (tennis player) remains active in competition and ranks just outside the world's top 50 for singles players in his age group. Fairly sure the age groups - as with athletics - are banded in five year spans so come his 80th birthday in October his ranking may rise because he won't be playing those 75 year old youngsters any more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Taylor_(tennis)

• Like 2