VileBody

Astronauts

5 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

No. America threw away the space program's worth during the Carter and Reagan era. Unless China decides to make a shot for the moon, then it's unlikely.

That's nothing to do with it.  Been there done that.  We're busy sending shit to Pluto and beyond, and you want us to send a fucking manned ship to the MOON?  Maybe an arts endowment will be set up so children can learn to scratch a man and spear chasing a deer on a cave wall. 
SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

That's nothing to do with it.  Been there done that.  We're busy sending shit to Pluto and beyond, and you want us to send a fucking manned ship to the MOON?  Maybe an arts endowment will be set up so children can learn to scratch a man and spear chasing a deer on a cave wall. 
SC

We sent shit far further that Pluto in the late 1970s , that's nothing new. If you think there's nothing to learn by going to the moon then I must courteously disagree with you. We've spent 154 hours on the moon's surface - that's less than a week to explore a surface area the size of Asia. Staring through a telescope and examining samples can only tell us so much - at some point you need to go and actually explore. Establishing a colony on the moon may not sound ambitious in the age of Operation Mars, but why not? Humans, permanently living off Earth. Somewhere you can make a round trip to in a week.

I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but there's no reason why it shouldn't. At some point in the distant future, I can see our descendants saying "Imagine if they'd actually bothered to go back sooner..."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

We sent shit far further that Pluto in the late 1970s , that's nothing new. If you think there's nothing to learn by going to the moon then I must courteously disagree with you. We've spent 154 hours on the moon's surface - that's less than a week to explore a surface area the size of Asia. Staring through a telescope and examining samples can only tell us so much - at some point you need to go and actually explore. Establishing a colony on the moon may not sound ambitious in the age of Operation Mars, but why not? Humans, permanently living off Earth. Somewhere you can make a round trip to in a week.

I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but there's no reason why it shouldn't. At some point in the distant future, I can see our descendants saying "Imagine if they'd actually bothered to go back sooner..."

Aye, and once they build a football ground - imagine how far you could kick a ball

• Like 2

On 5/13/2018 at 14:17, maryportfuncity said:

Still five moonwalkers left alive though all very elderly.

A serious question - will any of them live to see another man or woman walk on the Moon?

Jesus. What Moon? Physicists say there's no Moon when we don't look. Only naive realists (that means: morons) say there is "the Moon" when we sleep.

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, and once they build a football ground - imagine how far you could kick a ball

• Like 2

Tom Hanks has announced Alan Bean's death on Twitter, but no further confirmation yet.

Bean and Gone?

Bain, then Bean?

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Tom Hanks has announced Alan Bean's death on Twitter, but no further confirmation yet.

Friends don’t let friend’s post their obits.

Some say hoax cuz no news source.  Some say no it’s true Hanks was his good friend.  What friend posts a death notice ahead of the family? A POS friend.  If true that is.  

Tom Hanks appears to be getting a lot of stick on Twitter now. NASA normally quick to make announcements and yet nothing from them, the BBC, CNN, AP etc.

Apparently he suffered a stroke two weeks ago and was in hospital. May very well be a situation where life support has been turned off and he’s fading but not officially dead... or may just be the MSM fucking up again. Probs the latter.

NASA has posted some photos of him, so I guess he is dying, but not dead yet.

Tom Hanks deleted the Alan Bean tweet. Yeah, very much seems an "alive but poorly" case.

I was a bit sad to have to realize today, that there will soon be no more people alive who were on the moon.

After Alan Bean, there are:

Those who walked on the moon:

Buzz Aldrin, of course (the favorite to be the last man standing)

Charles Duke

Harrison Schmitt

and David Scott.

Those who stayed inside or only flew above the ground:

Frank Borman

Jim Lovell (unlucky Apollo 13)

Bill Anders

Tom Stafford

Michael Collins

Fred Haise (unlucky Apollo 13)

Al Worden

and Ken Mattingly

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

I was a bit sad to have to realize today, that there will soon be no more people alive who were on the moon.

After Alan Bean, there are:

Those who walked on the moon:

Buzz Aldrin, of course (the favorite to be the last man standing)

Charles Duke

Harrison Schmitt

and David Scott.

Those who stayed inside or only flew above the ground:

Frank Borman

Jim Lovell (unlucky Apollo 13)

Bill Anders

Tom Stafford

Michael Collins

Fred Haise (unlucky Apollo 13)

Al Worden

and Ken Mattingly

You missed McDivitt, Cunningham, and Schweikhart. 

8 hours ago, arrowsmith said:

You missed McDivitt, Cunningham, and Schweikhart

I went with the two lists down in there (12 people walked on the moon, 12 more flew to the moon):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Apollo_astronauts

I guess they left those out because they "only" were in space, but not on or over the moon.

1 minute ago, John Robinson said:

Alan Bean confirmed to be dead according to twitter reports...

NASA confirms his death. RIP...

• Sad 4

Would a last surviving moon man poll be appropriate? I know generally these types of polls are ridiculed, but considering that two moon men polls were made in the past and the rarity of these type of people, I thought it might be appropriate. I just won't start one if the general answer is no...

• Like 1

Actually he was killed by Tom Hanks to avoid a poor figure.

• Like 1

Interestingly he died today (Saturday 26th), so Tom Hanks posted that when he was very much alive...

34 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Would a last surviving moon man poll be appropriate? I know generally these types of polls are ridiculed, but considering that two moon men polls were made in the past and the rarity of these type of people, I thought it might be appropriate. I just won't start one if the general answer is no...

Yes but as you say go for the last man standing rather than who's next.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8690-moon-dust-between-their-toes/

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/9067-moon-dust-between-their-toes-2/

• Like 1

On 25/05/2018 at 23:19, arrowsmith said:

You missed McDivitt, Cunningham, and Schweikhart. 

They only went as far as Earth orbit. 

Buzz Aldrin's family is 'fighting for his legacy' citing elder exploitation and want to be appointed his guardians due to his 'mental decline'.
SC

• Sad 3