Tragic news.... Tetley's Brewery in Leeds has closed. I should have reported this earlier but the mourning period has been somewhat protracted.

As a Yorkshire lad I've been brought up on Tetley's Bitter and remained faithful until the beancounters decided to move production out of Yorkshire and close the Leeds Brewery (to be sold for development). The chemists at the new brewery in Northampton claim they can reproduce the distinctive taste that Leeds artesian well water gives through the addition of additives, but I shall not be sampling their efforts.

I have spent the last few months diligently acquiring a taste for Theakstons, not too onerous a task, and can now say that I have successfully converted. As a backup measure I can also manage Black Sheep, but only in cases of emergency!

Tragic news.... Tetley's Brewery in Leeds has closed. I should have reported this earlier but the mourning period has been somewhat protracted.

Crap. :scratchhead:

I have spent the last few months diligently acquiring a taste for Theakstons, not too onerous a task, and can now say that I have successfully converted. As a backup measure I can also manage Black Sheep, but only in cases of emergency!

This is what my case of emergency looks like:

heineken-case.jpg

regards,

Hein

1001-beers-you-must-try-before-you-die.gif

I was given this book for my birthday and I'm taking the instruction seriously. Maybe they should think about replacing 'before' with 'until'.

Send it to Hein so he can prepare for the next DL con properly

I was given this book for my birthday and I'm taking the instruction seriously. Maybe they should think about replacing 'before' with 'until'.

Well, one of the places I consider for OCDLcon I is Brouwerij 't IJ, which has a nice informal Tasting Room. It's may prove rather nasty to get to, although a tram ride (or several tram rides) may thrill some of us.

Of course, there are other interesting Dutch cities beside Amsterdam. I'd avoid Rotterdam: smelly, dull and full of furriners.

regards,

Hein

Well, one of the places I consider for OCDLcon I is Brouwerij 't IJ, which has a nice informal Tasting Room. It's may prove rather nasty to get to, although a tram ride (or several tram rides) may thrill some of us.

Of course, there are other interesting Dutch cities beside Amsterdam. I'd avoid Rotterdam: smelly, dull and full of furriners.

regards,

Hein

Now that sounds like a jolly good plan. And if not this exact place something quite close along this line of sentiment would be ideal.

Kicking back, enjoying peace with a long neck of my favourite beer...and a roach - not a care in the world, its a good life (wish I was at the beach though...)

phoenix-beer.jpgif you can get it, I recommend it.

Kicking back, enjoying peace with a long neck of my favourite beer...and a roach - not a care in the world, its a good life (wish I was at the beach though...)

Thanks for that BS44

We are currently experiencing the coldest March for 50 years!

• Like 1

Thanks for that BS44

We are currently experiencing the coldest March for 50 years!

The tag line does say "It's always the weather for it" though...

I always imagined it was typically British to be chillin' (pun intended) down the pub when shit like this goes down. Partly because it is what I'd do - but then again I'm not British, mostly because of that "stiff upper lip" stuff that you guys seem to buy into a lot.

:hatsoff: to you guys though - hope everyone is safe and warm.

I think it was your mention of the beach that prompted the comment about our weather.

• Like 1

Guest Hansel

If you drink beer avoid it completely unless it is brewed in Germany or Belgium

If you drink beer avoid it completely unless it is brewed in Germany or Belgium

That may be good advice in America, but you'd miss quite a few good brews if you live by it elsewhere.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Yeah bitches... All reports are done (all 82 of them) and only have to suffer through another 4 days of term before the hols start. Going to start the celebration early - Hitting the piss tonight :champagne:

A nice way to round off Christmas Day

original.png

I am giving up drinking. And that's a fact. I had my last alcoholic drink on Christmas Eve, so I've done 38 hours now which is impressive, I'm sure you'll agree.

I am giving up drinking. And that's a fact. I had my last alcoholic drink on Christmas Eve, so I've done 38 hours now which is impressive, I'm sure you'll agree.

I do the opposite, I start drinking at Christmas and then barely touch a drop once the new year comes in.

• Like 1

CGuoecNW0AAzWvi.jpg

If you spot this, its well worth trying, probably only available down south though.

This thread been sitting unused? We suck

SC

Nearly 5 years later, I’ve decided you people are Quakers.  All y’all.  So I’m commandeering this thread as my own.  

Heres tonight’s 6-pack.  Never had it before, it’s rather good.

SC

6FD9CCA9-8A1F-4A10-A82E-D36BD8A766F1.jpeg

• Like 1

Tried this tonight, very nice.

20200417_173922.jpg

Despite trying my best I’ve still not had a drink since New Years Eve.  I’ll be a well cheap date when I do fall off the wagon. 

• Shocked 1

I know its not Christmas but I was tempted; thus, this is tonight's tipple (yes I've got the glass too).

dc.jpg

It also reminds me of that Amsterdam DLCon of 2012, where we drank mostly Belgian beers despite being in The Netherlands.

• Like 1

I drank 14 of your Scott-ish beers the past 14 days.  No way I was passing up this one.

51730706-B017-4400-8C30-A3444E2A1C62.jpeg

• Like 3