Guest a mystery man

Saddam or Bin Laden ?

Guest a mystery man

so, which of these iconic bastards will be the first to pop their clogs ?

on the one hand we must consider that bin laden`s whereabouts are unknown and that when he dies, we may not even know about it.

but, on the other hand, saddam is (at least until his trial) in a much safer environment, i.e. by safer I mean that the americans will merely mock him, degrade him and maybe occasionally piss in his face, rather than actually trying to kill him. And bear in mind that his trial seems to be indefinitely postponed until Iraq is in a better condition, so at the current rate it will be several years before he stands trial and is eventually executed.

nevertheless, i predict bin laden to outlive saddam. unfortunately, bush will probably outlive everyone, the arsehole.

what do you all think?

a mystery man.

so, which of these iconic bastards will be the first to pop their clogs ?

on the one hand we must consider that bin laden`s whereabouts are unknown and that when he dies, we may not even know about it-------Or care.

on the other hand, saddam is (at least until his trial) in a much safer environment, i.e. by safer I mean that the americans will merely mock him, degrade him and maybe occasionally piss in his face, rather than actually trying to kill him. And bear in mind that his trial seems to be indefinitely postponed until Iraq is in a better condition, so at the current rate it will be several years before he stands trial and is eventually executed.

nevertheless, i predict bin laden to outlive saddam. unfortunately, bush will probably outlive everyone, the arsehole.

what do you all think?

I think if you are British (English? What is the correct term) as is evidenced by 'Pop their clogs' and 'arsehole' then you need to focus more on your esteemed leader Tony Blair instead of our divine St. George. Beyond that, it seems you have some rather severe anger issues which need to be resolved. As I have indicated in the past it was actually Jimmy Carter who began the entire Hussein and Bin Laden fiasco when he allowed the Iran hostage crisis to take over the airwaves. Let me explain this for you: Iran was bad in those days and so the U.S. and other nations armed Iraq with vast supplies of weapons, later Iraq became the enemy and we armed Iran. So, from this series of events we are able to conclude that if Jimmy Carter had not wrestled the election from Gerald Ford then the only people involved currently in Iraq and the subsequent hunt for Osama (occasionally know as Usama) Bin Laden, would be British and Greek troops (and possibly Albanians).

I myself like Georgie, it is one of the best Vodkas on the market at a price that is affordable without the side effect of spitting your eyes out as it makes its way into your intestines. I also like George Bush, although the younger is less attractive than his father, he is a much more intelligent and thoughtful leader. Can you say the same about your Mr. Blair in comparison to his predecessors?

And another thing: Saddam is not really who you keep seeing. They keep showing pictures of Saddam's long lost half brother Tariq. Take a good close look and you'll realize the eye color isnnot quite right and the ear lobes are different as well.

Next up why there never was the need for milk in milk shakes.

I also like George Bush, although the younger is less attractive than his father, he is a much more intelligent and thoughtful leader.

(speechless)

Can you say the same about your Mr. Blair in comparison to his predecessors?

No

And another thing:  Saddam is not really who you keep seeing.  They keep showing pictures of Saddam's long lost half brother Tariq.  Take a good close look and you'll realize the eye color isnnot quite right and the ear lobes are different as well.

Nah, Tariq's hard at work in a Bank.

(Although he does "Call everyone Tony")

It's hard to say. Saddam is older and is in jail and could possibly

get the death penalty. Then Bin Ladin is still on the run and his

whereabouts are unknown. Sooner or later it's a great possibility

that Bin Ladin will be found and most likely shot even though

i think the orders were to be have him brought back alive.

I'm sure some American soldier will just kill him in the

spur of the moment. Then you think there's a chance

Osama may not be found at all? Hell chances are he

could be dead allready? "Which i doubt" It's a tough call.

But because Saddam is older and was recently ill and

because of the possible death penalty i'll go with him.

Bin Laden could already be dead. There have always been rumors of him dying after being injured in the “Toro Boro” battle more than 3 years ago. As for Saddam Hussein, he will probably be dead within a year or so after he is tried and executed.

W as intelligent and thoughtful.  Hmm.  He's been called many things, but I dare say those two adjectives may have never before been used to describe him or his presidency.

Only because he's a modest man and people don't wish to bother him with pesky celebrity styled floodlights (although the Clinton family adores those perks). Well, I'm off to my retreat in Kennebunkport. Sure hope Neil and Jeb are there this year.

I think if you are British (English? What is the correct term)

English

And if there is another Osama thread, which I'm sure there is, and this should be merged, could a skilled mod please do so.  I did a search for it but couldn't find it.

So, you're admitting you're an unskilled mod. How very modern of you to admit it...

;)

[Posts moved -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

BR - I have the least mad mod skillz of anyone. I can't post a picture, it took me over a year to figure out how to quote other posts, and it's hit or miss when I try to post another site's url whether it comes up so others can just click on it vs. having to cut and paste it into a browser window.

Guest Mr Magoo
The battle of Toro Boro sounds more like a lawn mower (http://www.toro.com) race on Teeside.

Wasn't that the long running fight between lawn mower companies for the Middlesbrough contract to keep the Riverside Stadium supplied with grass cutting machines? ;)

Don't ask a musician which one of that pair ought to go first.....

Q. If you were in a room with Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and a conductor, and you had a gun with only two bullets, who would you

shoot?

A. The conductor. Twice.

As for Saddam Hussein, he will probably be dead within a year or so after he is tried and executed.

That will be a long drawn out execution. ;)

Hmm, can the DLCC handle such amounts?

Well, if they can't, I would be glad to take care of the problem.

I myself like Georgie, it is one of the best Vodkas on the market at a price that is affordable without the side effect of spitting your eyes out as it makes its way into your intestines.  I also like George Bush, although the younger is less attractive than his father, he is a much more intelligent and thoughtful leader.  Can you say the same about your Mr. Blair in comparison to his predecessors?

Atta boy Brimley, finally a fellow right-winger on these forums! :P

P.S. what exactly is that in your display picture, for some reason it makes me laugh every time I see it.

I myself like Georgie, it is one of the best Vodkas on the market at a price that is affordable without the side effect of spitting your eyes out as it makes its way into your intestines.  I also like George Bush, although the younger is less attractive than his father, he is a much more intelligent and thoughtful leader.  Can you say the same about your Mr. Blair in comparison to his predecessors?

P.S. what exactly is that in your display picture, for some reason it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Ah yes Weatherman90, I remember you never were that hot at noticing sarcasm, were you?;)

(BTW someone was asking about you the other day.)

Ah yes Weatherman90, I remember you never were that hot at noticing sarcasm, were you?;)

(BTW someone was asking about you the other day.)

Does that mean I am out on the right (correct) wing on my own then?

I have the impression that most DL'ers who have any kind of ideological bent are pinko-lefto commie liberals, our anonymous Brazilian Castro-hater excepted and possibly Entropy.

So it looks like you're not completely alone. :P

regards,

Hein

I have the impression that most DL'ers who have any kind of ideological bent are pinko-lefto commie liberals

The older I get, the more politcally confused I get, at the moment I believe I am a right wing liberal.....

I have the impression that most DL'ers who have any kind of ideological bent are pinko-lefto commie liberals, our anonymous Brazilian Castro-hater excepted and possibly Entropy.

So it looks like you're not completely alone. :P

regards,

Hein

To coin a 1950's advert, You're never alone with a Strand.

I believe Earl Gloomy was also leaning to the right of centre, but he has disappeared. I'm not paranoid, but I think they have got him.............

I'm a monarchist so I'm technically right wing.

I'm a monarchist so I'm technically right wing.

Well I'm a Nazi, so I suppose technically I'm right-wing.

But I do love fluffy animals, so that's OK then.