Cowboy Ronnie

Formula 1 & Other Motor Racing

Don't under any circumstances let racing drivers pilot aeroplanes!

Quite a few racing drivers have died flying (or rather crashing) planes : Graham Hill, Tony Brise (on the same plane as Hill), Carlos Pace, David Purley, 3-time Le Mans winner Al Holbert to name but five...

Colin McRae, Lance Reventlow, Harald Ertl, Ron Flockhart, David Prophet, Davey Allison, Joel Thorne, Alan Kulwicki, Tony Bettenhausen Jr, Mack Hellings, John Cannon, Chip Mead, Carlos Menem Jr, Thierry Sabine, Jose Dohlem, Bertie & Mike Fisher, Al Loquasto, Luis Fontes, Steve Hislop, Paul Morgan, Eddie Johnson, Mark Hanna, Georges Boillot, Andy Smallman.....

.... to name just a few more. There are more.

Sandro Nannini's F1 career was ended by an air crash. Emerson Fittipaldi had to retire full stop after he crashed a plane.

Steve Fossett also had a brief racing career.... :) (although DDT would not add him to this list....)

Ironically, one of the greatest WW2 fighter pilots was a racing driver! Tony Gaze is still alive and in his late 80's now.

TMIB, as Leslie was not flying, it appears only being a passenger is still a curse enough. :rip:

Speaking of orgasmatrons there's a cracking front page on the News of the World today blowing (heh heh) Max Mosley's cover. The man likes nowt more than sado-masochistic orgies where he barks orders in German, dresses accordingly and whips hookers. Doubt he'll die, or even lose his career as a result of the story, but thought I'd share it with the group.

For those not up on Max's life, his dad was UK Fascist supremo Sir Oswald Mosley and Max has been involved in controlling F1 for decades.

Here's a Youtube clip. Surely there's no way F1 keeps him. I'll guess gone by the end of next week at the latest

Mad Max beyond Pleasuredome

Maybe he'd be happier in Guantanamo Bay!

Don't under any circumstances let racing drivers pilot aeroplanes!

Quite a few racing drivers have died flying (or rather crashing) planes : Graham Hill, Tony Brise (on the same plane as Hill), Carlos Pace, David Purley, 3-time Le Mans winner Al Holbert to name but five...

Colin McRae, Lance Reventlow, Harald Ertl, Ron Flockhart, David Prophet, Davey Allison, Joel Thorne, Alan Kulwicki, Tony Bettenhausen Jr, Mack Hellings, John Cannon, Chip Mead, Carlos Menem Jr, Thierry Sabine, Jose Dohlem, Bertie & Mike Fisher, Al Loquasto, Luis Fontes, Steve Hislop, Paul Morgan, Eddie Johnson, Mark Hanna, Georges Boillot, Andy Smallman.....

.... to name just a few more. There are more.

Sandro Nannini's F1 career was ended by an air crash. Emerson Fittipaldi had to retire full stop after he crashed a plane.

Steve Fossett also had a brief racing career.... :) (although DDT would not add him to this list....)

Ironically, one of the greatest WW2 fighter pilots was a racing driver! Tony Gaze is still alive and in his late 80's now.

TMIB, as Leslie was not flying, it appears only being a passenger is still a curse enough. :rip:

There is a saying "there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are not too many old, bold pilots"

Here's a Youtube clip. Surely there's no way F1 keeps him. I'll guess gone by the end of next week at the latest

Hmm.. this is the first time I've seen this. Have to say, what IS the fuss all about? I couldn't see any Nazi links apart from a girl, allegedly in a "Nazi" uniform, but it looked like a normal leather costume to me. Mosley speaks 5 languages, so him having a fetish in German is perfectly normal, same as some British people speak French or Spanish during sex. Concentration camp gear? Hardly. More like hooped pyjamas.

Looks like NotW put two & two together & deliberately made 19 because they were bored.

Embarassing? Yes. Resigning matter. Hardly. It'll all be forgotten about after the Bahrian GP after Lewis Hamilton crashes off the circuit or some other piddling matter.

and no, I'm not particularly a fan of Mosley generally anyway. But what I do know is he has gone to hell & back to try & expunge what his parents did, and that was the only reason he went into motorsport - he was Max Mosley, not son of...., which would've haunted him in politics. I hardly think he'll try & bring that back to the fore. I think it's NotW being aware of his past & trying to dredge it up for no other reason except it might help little Louie-lamb in his World Championship hopes if there's an FIA president who loves him as much as Ron Dennis does... :)

Slightly off topic, but Danica Patrick picks up her first win in Indy Cars at the race in Japan, and possibly joins the race for overeas sports personality of the year.

Sheila wheels her way to victory

Maybe we'll see her in F1 down the road. She could outdrive Jensen Buffoon anyday.

Speaking of orgasmatrons there's a cracking front page on the News of the World today blowing (heh heh) Max Mosley's cover. The man likes nowt more than sado-masochistic orgies where he barks orders in German, dresses accordingly and whips hookers. Doubt he'll die, or even lose his career as a result of the story, but thought I'd share it with the group.

For those not up on Max's life, his dad was UK Fascist supremo Sir Oswald Mosley and Max has been involved in controlling F1 for decades.

I see this has been removed. Shucks, I was wanting to see what all the fuss was about.

Re Watkins Glen: scene of a decapitation, and Francois Cevert's death, the latter being put down to Cevert's car hitting a chunk of uneven tarmac with the driver unable to respond in time.

Not a track universally adored by F1 drivers, then.

Mosley clings on, leading to possible civil war within the FIA.

Mosley clings on, leading to possible civil war within the FIA.

He'll hang around long enough to claim a moral victory before the FIA equivalent of the grey suit brigade suggest it's time he went. I assume our esteemed colleague OoO will post a definitive insight into the situation soon.

I don't get the prurient outrage over Max Mosley's sex life. He's a 60-something ex-public schoolboy with a fascist father. Of course he's going to like S&M sessions with women speaking German. The FIA probably knew this all along.

As I've said before, I'm less concerned about Max being whipped by hookers than virtually all of his other dealings in his motorsport career. eg. the shady dealings at March, his behaviour when Roger Williamson was killed, how he gained his position at the FIA etc.

his behaviour when Roger Williamson was killed

Remind us, Lawro. I've seen the hideous Williamson fry up on You Tube once or twice. Can't recall what Max did or didn't do to make things worse. But Williamson was in one of his cars, right?

Yes, he was the 'car owner' of the car in which Williamson was killed (actually one of the co-owners of the company). Max was certainly there at Zandvoort in 1973. I've seen a photo of him talking to a distinctly unenthused Williamson in the Zandvoort paddock.

When Williamson's accident happened, the team was watching the whole thing on a portable TV in the March transporter. Max saw the aftermath and said to his underlings "Well, right, it's all up to you now." and promptly disappeared from the track back to the March factory at Bicester. This resulted in Williamson's sponsor, Tom Wheatcroft, being arrested (after all, his name was plastered all over the car) in lieu of anyone else for the Dutch police to blame. Max never even went back afterwards to claim the burnt-out wreck, even though his company owned it.

I must admit I thought he was in serious trouble. That head was moving around too much. But the monocoque stayed together, the HANS device stayed intact - had either failed, he'd be dead now. It just shows that as safe as Formula 1 can be, it's still a dangerous sport if the luck should run out or the situation veer slightly.

Shame he's been ruled out for some while - a damn good driver. It'll be interesting to see who BMW bring in. Vettel? Glock? Or someone else like de la Rosa as it's a top drive available?

To MPFC - now THAT was a good old-fashioned GP. Incident everywhere, black flags, yellow flags galore, plenty of passing etc & a new winner, who I must admit drove brilliantly. Wurz on the podium!!! And my new highlight of the season... no make that decade.... Takuma Sato in the Super Aguri passing Fernando Alonso in the McLaren for 6th. :rip:

Wonderful stuff and that's the reason I stay in the mix - every so often there's a GP like this that rekindles the old flame. Let's hope it stays like that.

Kubica wins his first GP. What a difference a year makes.

Nice bit of red light ignoring and rear-ending by Hamilton.

Guest MightyMoose

Nice bit of red light ignoring and rear-ending by Hamilton.[/color][/font]

When i saw this i thought Hamilton had done a Mosley :rip:

Good stuff.

Kubica wins his 1st GP - 3 years ago I said he would be a future World Champion. At this rate, it'll be this year! :rip:

Lewis Hamilton looks even more an arrogant, stupid tit than ever before. :)

In all my years involved on & off the sport, I cannot remember a driver I have despised as much as I do Hamilton.

MPFC, trying to guess what Mosley will do next is like trying to decide who Lewis Hamilton will blame for his next act of stupidity - impossible.

One for the sad stattos - first win by a German team for 46 years. First win by a Pole, full stop.

In all my years involved on & off the sport, I cannot remember a driver I have despised as much as I do Hamilton.

Was he born despisable or did the full-on Ron Dennis experience turn him that way? The man does appear to like robots from Finland, or prodigious UK talents with the capacity for moulding. He f*****g hated Mansell - the polar opposite to Hamilton - didn't he?

Was he born despisable or did the full-on Ron Dennis experience turn him that way? The man does appear to like robots from Finland, or prodigious UK talents with the capacity for moulding. He f*****g hated Mansell - the polar opposite to Hamilton - didn't he?

Although his dad is a bit of a tit & has pushed him into living a life that is not normal by any definition, he was quite withdrawn, shy almost & normally pleasant enough at lower level. I definitely think the "McLaren Experience" has made him into what irks so many people:-

Arrogant, more concerned about his image & private life than his career (take note Lewis, and look at Jenson Button now), defensive, eager to attribute blame (Raikkonen), not willing to accept he might be wrong (Alonso alleged & false "braketest" at Bahrain) and dishonest (you didn't look back at the light, LH, the TV pics proved that).

He needs to learn a bit of humility & a sense of right & wrong.

Ron Dennis is not my most favourite person either (Hell, let's be honest, I can't stand the man), but that's something I have stated before. But to be fair to him, he did employ Gerhard Berger, the antithesis to Dennis' prototypes for a number of years. Stefan Johansson too.

If dear Bruce McLaren could see what his team has become, if he wasn't already dead, he'd drop straight out because of shock.

Guest Lewis Hamilton

Although his dad is a bit of a tit & has pushed him into living a life that is not normal by any definition, he was quite withdrawn, shy almost & normally pleasant enough at lower level. I definitely think the "McLaren Experience" has made him into what irks so many people:-

Arrogant, more concerned about his image & private life than his career (take note Lewis, and look at Jenson Button now), defensive, eager to attribute blame (Raikkonen), not willing to accept he might be wrong (Alonso alleged & false "braketest" at Bahrain) and dishonest (you didn't look back at the light, LH, the TV pics proved that).

He needs to learn a bit of humility & a sense of right & wrong.

Ron Dennis is not my most favourite person either (Hell, let's be honest, I can't stand the man), but that's something I have stated before. But to be fair to him, he did employ Gerhard Berger, the antithesis to Dennis' prototypes for a number of years. Stefan Johansson too.

If dear Bruce McLaren could see what his team has become, if he wasn't already dead, he'd drop straight out because of shock.

"take note Lewis..." - I duly have

The rally world is a much tamer animal.

Have you met the pack of hounds that work for M Sport in Dovenby - a few miles from Maryport - and regularly terrify the locals? Sure, their Ford Focus cars are a credit to their skills but it's never struck me as a tame sport on or off the forest roads.

Can't remember whether there's a separate thread for rally drivers, but...

China's leading rally driver Xu Lang has been killed during a rally in Russia.

Unfortunate way to go: "hit on the head by the tow hook of a trailer which was trying to recover his car".

I think I know a few living dead if one can die of

a loss of cerebral substance

David Cubehead expected to announce his retirement from F1.

from the paddock to the pasture

He gets a point for being less of a knob than the likes of Jensen Button, and 13 career wins isn't bad, considering he was up against Schumacher most of his career. Still, one would hardly say the sport will miss him.

Re DC:

He also remains one of the most liked figures in F1, and is widely admired for his honesty, honour and a sense of humour that did not always come across to the public.

I'd be interested in OoO's view on the above. I've heard M-Sport mechanics speak in glowing terms of fun with DC and his talent being under-rated, though oddly he seems to polarise opinion amongst the females I know who've encoutered him where words like 'immature' and 'idiot,' have been uttered.