Cowboy Ronnie

Formula 1 & Other Motor Racing

Berne Ecclestone sticks his foot in his mouth again.

He'd have made the cars run on time

A complete and utter embarrassment. F1 managed to get rid of Max, can Bernie be far behind?

BBC News reported this morning that German officials - due to negotiate on the future of their GP - were highly unimpressed with Bernie.

BBC News reported this morning that German officials - due to negotiate on the future of their GP - were highly unimpressed with Bernie.

Isn't everyone?

Mosley's mutterings about hanging on face a serious challenge. D'ya reckon in a year or two Max and Bernie might be enjoying a quiet cuppa in Brinsworth House?

Mosley's mutterings about hanging on face a serious challenge. D'ya reckon in a year or two Max and Bernie might be enjoying a quiet cuppa in Brinsworth House?

No.

A ) They have far too much money. (Although too much is never enough)

B ) They still have a lot of influence. (Although nowhere near as much as they would like to believe)

C ) Fame of any kind is an addictive drug. (Although it is a drug I've never tried)

I was very amused by this home-made you-tube video of Rubens' post race rant I found on the Autosport forum- hope this link works:-

_46103785_webbercontract.jpg

Red Bull first to confirm driver line up for next year, having snagged the current pairing for another year. They're on fire at the moment but if it all gets nasty as they bicker over team orders and favours on the run in, might not be the calmest garage over the next 18 months.

Taking what is probably a unilateral stance, I for one, am disappointed. I think Shuey's reappearance would have been interesting at the very least. The current crop of drivers do not have any where near his depth of talent and 'drive' and I am sure the "Rain Meister" would have lapped them all.

According to the enormous headline on today's Bild "Newspaper", he has a broken skull.

It's interesting to see that Ferrari seems to be replacing him with some chap who holds the record for the most F1 starts without ever scoring a point and is probably going to destroy their expensive vehicle in a spectacular crash shortly after the start. Perhaps they are trying to gain some sympathy by fielding an underdog.

I'll be rooting for him.

According to the enormous headline on today's Bild "Newspaper", he has a broken skull.

It's interesting to see that Ferrari seems to be replacing him with some chap who holds the record for the most F1 starts without ever scoring a point and is probably going to destroy their expensive vehicle in a spectacular crash shortly after the start. Perhaps they are trying to gain some sympathy by fielding an underdog.

I'll be rooting for him.

Bring on The Stig, I reckon.

I'll be rooting for him.

Bring on The Stig, I reckon.

They asked me, but I was too busy.... (oops! Disregard that)

Taking what is probably a unilateral stance, I for one, am disappointed. I think Shuey's reappearance would have been interesting at the very least. The current crop of drivers do not have any where near his depth of talent and 'drive' and I am sure the "Rain Meister" would have lapped them all.

I'm also disappointed, I'd have loved to see him crash and burn. I would have also loved to see him win, who else could wring an exceptional performance out of an under performing car? At the minute only the driver with the best car (ie the team that can bend the rules the best) seems to win and the rest of them then whinge and talk about updates for the next race. Boring!

I've been lurking on the Autosport forum site for too long of late and picked up some sort of information overload syndrome.

Needless to say I've just got to add in here the imminent death of a whole racing team. This year the FIA gave out 4 new slots to race team entrants and the one given in the name USF1 Team looks to all those with a fair insight to be imploding faster than a super nova.

Some total of $20m investment - 0 starts.

Valentino Rossi's chances of retaining his Moto GP title vanished in a double leg fracture after a hefty practice shunt. You Tube footage currently blocked, but it's only a matter of time until it's linked somewhere else.

Valentino Rossi's chances of retaining his Moto GP title vanished in a double leg fracture after a hefty practice shunt. You Tube footage currently blocked, but it's only a matter of time until it's linked somewhere else.

There is some grainy footage on BBC - I am WELL pissed off, we are going to the MotoGP at Silverstone in a couple of weeks (for five days, WOOP WOOP!) and were looking forward to the prospect of Rossi pissing the whinging Aussie Stoner right off the track. Why oh why couldn't he have waited till after Silverstone to fall over! I do have sympathy though - I snapped my left tibia and fibula in three places a few years back, it hurt like FUCK I can tell you - it's now all fixed together with lots of metalwork but it still gives me jip.

There is some grainy footage on BBC - I am WELL pissed off, we are going to the MotoGP at Silverstone in a couple of weeks (for five days, WOOP WOOP!) and were looking forward to the prospect of Rossi pissing the whinging Aussie Stoner right off the track. Why oh why couldn't he have waited till after Silverstone to fall over! I do have sympathy though - I snapped my left tibia and fibula in three places a few years back, it hurt like FUCK I can tell you - it's now all fixed together with lots of metalwork but it still gives me jip.

I am pissed off too, and Stoner is a hateful wee cunt, was in the next pit to him years ago, the stroppy wee shit will never know how near he came to gettin a bloody good lingin!!!! :)

Here's some footage of the crash, not really much to write home about, though.

Talking of You Tube, have you seen the

yet? :)

Schumi will stay on to win title, maybe in 2011.

I'll state my opinion here and now that he hasn't got one more grand prix win in him, let alone another title. I think we're in Lance Armstrong - pretty good for an oldster - territory here.

Or does one of the F1 experts hereabouts disagree?

Schumi will stay on to win title, maybe in 2011.

I'll state my opinion here and now that he hasn't got one more grand prix win in him, let alone another title. I think we're in Lance Armstrong - pretty good for an oldster - territory here.

Or does one of the F1 experts hereabouts disagree?

Well, maybe two more GP wins tops. But the cars got to be on par, and at the moment it's not. In fact it's (JB's Brawn) not been on par since the middle of last year. Word on the street is that Webber looks odds-on to drive Schumacher's Merc next year. Time will tell. I can't see MS there next year if he finishes the year without a win.

Ben Collins, someone in the office swears he is the main Stig and they use others - like from an acting agency - for shots like the public transport journey through London.

Confirmation in the Times. Maryport knew a year ago.

And he was bang on...

Testament to the strength of current racing cars, Chris Van Der Drift survived this. Broken leg, ribs, fingers and shoulder, mind.