widnes14

Royal Family

6 hours ago, Toast said:

It's a typo.  She was killed in a plane crash with her husband, their two sons and the child she was shortly expecting.   Very tragic.  It's likely that she gave birth during the flight.

Very tragic indeed.

• Like 1

Those that are mainly taking part are people who hardly use social media and if they do have a social media presence, then 90% of the time someone on their team posts for them. So kinda pointless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

The nation is saved. Twitter racism no more. Always rely on the non racist Royal Family. Meghan will be proud.  William joins football’s social media boycott over abuse (msn.com)

Would you rather he busted out with the "N" word and reclaimed bits of Africa?

13 hours ago, Windsor said:

Yes

14 hours ago, Windsor said:

Niger/ia?

Prince Michael of Kent is alleged to be secretly selling his privileged access to Vladimir Putin.

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Prince Michael of Kent is alleged to be secretly selling his privileged access to Vladimir Putin.

Is it going to kill him?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Windsor said:

Is it going to kill him?

Whenever Putin's mentioned, you never rule anything out.

Princess Alexandra has been out and about.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 23:56, Toast said:

Princess Alexandra has been out and about.

Thanks. This news has certainly  pushed Princess Alexandra much further down my long list and hence a lot further away from making it onto any short or final list. 

Her lack of activity in many  regards did cause me to speculate but as things stand  with this news,  the chances Princess Alexandra will make it onto any of my lists in 2022 is decreasing.

• Like 1

From what I've seen, Princess Michael of Kent seems like the only UK royal who doesn't seem to be in great health. The following years could be very quiet if she or the suprisingly active Corpse of Kent, his slightly less active wife Katharine or Queen Liz don't die.

Thought I'd share some west country graffiti I saw posted on Facebook

229619038_10157747200821567_542122315445

• Like 1

The Queens cousin and working royal  The Duke of Gloucester looks rather  beetroot red in the face in the second photo.  He's the second person on the left row for those who don't know what he looks like. 

Just thought it was worth highlighting to fellow deadpoolers.

He is in his late seventies. 

• Thanks 1

For the form watchers, at the Festival of Remembrance tonight, the Royals in attendance were:

Charles and Camilla

William and Kate

Anne and Tim

Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

All looking ok. Photo in this report from the Beeb: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59275554 and more online if you shop around.

For those not keeping up at the back, the Queen is resting up for the service at the Cenotaph tomorrow and, contrary to popular belief, is not on her deathbed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

For the form watchers, at the Festival of Remembrance tonight, the Royals in attendance were:

Charles and Camilla

William and Kate

Anne and Tim

Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

All looking ok. Photo in this report from the Beeb: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59275554 and more online if you shop around.

For those not keeping up at the back, the Queen is resting up for the service at the Cenotaph tomorrow and, contrary to popular belief, is not on her deathbed.

No Princess Alexandra or Duke of Kent tonight? I think the former was originally reported as due to be in attendance tonight?

16 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

No Princess Alexandra or Duke of Kent tonight? I think the former was originally reported as due to be in attendance tonight?

Didn't see her, but the camera focused mostly on Charles and Cam and Wills and Kate unsurprisingly. Duke of Kent I assumed was in a similar boat to the Queen, taking it easy ahead of tomorrow.

Upon further inspection, this article: https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/festival-of-remembrance-line-up-a-full-list-of-royals-attending-commemorations-at-the-royal-albert-hall-168439/ suggests that Edward and Sophie, Alexandra and the Duke of Kent were all there too, but they don't appear on the main photos.

EDIT: Examining the photo on the BBC article, I think James, Viscount Severn and Lady Louise are possibly sat to the back left of William, which suggests Edward and Sophie may be just out of shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Didn't see her, but the camera focused mostly on Charles and Cam and Wills and Kate unsurprisingly. Duke of Kent I assumed was in a similar boat to the Queen, taking it easy ahead of tomorrow.

Upon further inspection, this article: https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/festival-of-remembrance-line-up-a-full-list-of-royals-attending-commemorations-at-the-royal-albert-hall-168439/ suggests that Edward and Sophie, Alexandra and the Duke of Kent were all there too, but they don't appear on the main photos.

Both listed as being in attendance  tomorrow  too.

Thanks for clarifying! I thought it was a bit odd especially  with regards to Princess  Alexandra as she was at a royal evening function  earlier this week at Windsor Castle and seemed in fine fettle.

10 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Both listed as being in attendance  tomorrow  too.

Thanks for clarifying! I thought it was a bit odd especially  with regards to Princess  Alexandra as she was at a royal evening function  earlier this week at Windsor Castle and seemed in fine fettle.

The Duke of Kent was restricted to the Balcony this year (his equerry laid his weath for him this year)  and I’m sad to say looks pretty rough. Princess Alexandra through looks in great shape though. 

My dad is convinced he saw Prince Andrew hiding behind the door on the balcony.

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Duke of Kent was restricted to the Balcony this year (his equerry laid his weath for him this year)  and I’m sad to say looks pretty rough. Princess Alexandra through looks in great shape though. 

Mentions of your mum and dad and their opinions seems to be a frequent occurrence in your posts.

Sure you're old enough to be on here?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think the Duke of Kent  had a stroke  a few years back? Princess Alexandra had a fall in 2019 I think and took a while to recover but it seems like she is in fine fettle these days.

If the remembrance service is on BBC IPlayer  you and others could perhaps check the balcony scenes  and decide  for yourselves if your Dad was right about Prince Andrew lurking in the background?

On 29/09/2020 at 15:08, arghton said:

Other relatives:

Christopher Bournes Rhys-Jones, father of Sophie, Countess of Wessex, 89

Thomas Markle, father of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, 76

Michael Middleton, father of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, 71

George Brooksbank, father of Jack Brooksbank, 71 DEAD

-----

Michael Markle, Meghan's uncle, 81 DEAD

Frederick Markle, Meghan's uncle, 78

Annabel Elliot, Camilla's sister, 71

Mary Burke Roche, Diana's aunt, 86

-----

Updated this section, Jack Brooksbank dead at 72 as mentioned in the family of the famous thread. 

On 30/09/2020 at 21:04, arghton said:

Fortune FitzRoy is another one still left of their generation, 100 and still Queen Elizabeth's mistress of robes.

Fortune FitzRoy, Duchess of Grafton (wiki), being reported dead aged 101.

Source is a tweet from Sky News journalist Alastair Bruce here.

A Mistress of the Robes to Elizabeth II (1967–2021) and the widow of Hugh FitzRoy, Duke of Grafton (1919–2011).

A pick for 3 DDP teams...

pes_97736.jpg.5339ceedca1e6cebb83582c4f276d23b.jpgtumblr_pzd9lyzcev1tihyjzo1_500.jpg.38ce033e42ff54c2752601bbd315df58.jpg

(second pic is of her in 2019, still performing the state opening of Parliament)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1