widnes14

Royal Family

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Fortune FitzRoy, Duchess of Grafton (wiki), being reported dead aged 101.

Source is a tweet from Sky News journalist Alastair Bruce here.

A Mistress of the Robes to Elizabeth II (1967–2021) and the widow of Hugh FitzRoy, Duke of Grafton (1919–2011).

A pick for 3 DDP teams...

pes_97736.jpg.5339ceedca1e6cebb83582c4f276d23b.jpgtumblr_pzd9lyzcev1tihyjzo1_500.jpg.38ce033e42ff54c2752601bbd315df58.jpg

(second pic is of her in 2019, still performing the state opening of Parliament)

RIP

Another blow for her Majesty. Odds on for a few QO’s. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Another blow for her Majesty. 

Another pointless contribution from you.

• Angry 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Another pointless contribution from you.

Come on, accept your Queen will die before Jiang Zemin and Abdoulaye Wade!

On 04/12/2021 at 11:13, Ulitzer95 said:

A Mistress of the Robes to Elizabeth II (1967–2021) and the widow of Hugh FitzRoy, Duke of Grafton (1919–2011).

pes_97736.jpg.5339ceedca1e6cebb83582c4f276d23b.jpgtumblr_pzd9lyzcev1tihyjzo1_500.jpg.38ce033e42ff54c2752601bbd315df58.jpg

(second pic is of her in 2019, still performing the state opening of Parliament)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2021/12/05/dowager-duchess-grafton-steadfast-confidante-queen-performed/

Now a Qualifying obituary in the Daily Telegraph for The Duchess of Grafton 

• Like 2

On 04/12/2021 at 11:13, Ulitzer95 said:

From FitzRoy's Times obituary:

"After the duke’s death the duchess moved into an apartment off the King’s Road in Chelsea, passing comment among friends about lapses in etiquette in films such as The Young Victoria (2009). After watching some episodes of the Netflix series The Crown, she turned to Lady Charteris of Amisfield (obituary, April 20, 2017), another lady-in-waiting, and asked in horror: “Can the general public see this?” Shortly before the first lockdown she was visited by the Queen, who delivered in person the traditional royal card to mark her 100th birthday."

:D

Telegraph obit for Iris Dawnay, 98, who was the chief lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret.

Before her time in the role, she was an MI6 secretary, known as Iris Peake. She very nearly married British-Soviet traitor George Blake (1922–2020), who was often discussed on here.

• Like 2

:lol: 

I will reign with an iron fist, says Camilla

THE Duchess of Cornwall has vowed to rule the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth with an iron fist when she becomes Queen, it has emerged.

Camilla, who is was confirmed yesterday will be Queen Camilla, will introduce tyrannical measures including curfews, the end of free press and the abolition of parliament to come into force immediately she ascends to the throne,

She said: “Charles in charge? Please. I have played the long game, but my reign of terror will be brutal.

“I shall take the monarchy back to the blissful time when it could launch an armada on a whim. All men will be conscripted to battle for the crown and win back our Empire.

“Every home must salute a framed painting of me each morning. Anyone found with photos, souvenir supplements or mugs of his first wife will be shot. All those who bought Goodbye England’s Rose will be transported to the British Antarctic Territory.

“Public beheadings will make a comeback. I will be given countries for my birthday. I will rename the potato the Camilla nightshade.

“Children will whimper in their beds. Men will walk eyes downcast through silent streets. Women will slave under the yoke of my hairstyle. Birds will not fly. My black heart will replace the sun. All shall love me and despair.”

Subject Wayne Hayes of Tiverton said: “Now that’s traditional British values.”

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/i-will-reign-with-an-iron-fist-says-camilla-20220207217166

I could actually go along with some of that.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Toast In relation to a previous chat we had on this forum  this  YouTube  video documentary  says the exact  opposite- that Princess Alexandra and The Queen are actually best friends especially since  Princess Margaret  died.

• Like 1

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/the-british-royals-who-attended-prince-philips-memorial-service-and-those-who-were-missing-174671/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10663127/The-Queen-supported-cousins-Princess-Alexandra-memorial.html

According to the first linked article Princess Alexandra was unable to attend the memorial service for  Prince Philip today  but according to the Daily Mail link Princess Alexandra was there to support her cousin but the photo they show of a lady they say is Princess Alexandra  entering the service  doesn't  look like her to my  eyes? Unless she looks very different without make up and adornments etc.  I think the Daily Mail may have made a mistake. 

Might be a signifier of declining health if Princess Alexandra wasn't there.

@Toast Do you think the photo in the Daily Mail link taken today is Princess Alexandra?  Thanks. 

• Like 1

No, it isn't Princess Alexandra, and DM comments agree.

image.png.272c1c8dd2f9b0458f00bd4bb01edd24.png

Aha .... further down ....

image.png.8e8006457468e845e62bb13f096d7908.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

Thanks for the confirmation! I'm glad it wasn't just me!

Hussey is a woman of the bedchamber? 

Fair enough.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

These are my favourite type of comments. Royal watchers who read comments of others on Facebook or other forums just looking for a mistake to correct, probably fully expecting an OBE for their troubles. 

The best one is when they call they Queen 'HRH the Queen'. You don't want to do that now...

• Like 1

On 15/02/2022 at 21:36, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@Toast In relation to a previous chat we had on this forum  this  YouTube  video documentary  says the exact  opposite- that Princess Alexandra and The Queen are actually best friends especially since  Princess Margaret  died.

The number of honours according to Wiki that Princess Alexandra has been given by the Queen over the years is quite extraordinary. Surely this sort of personal privilege presentation (PPP?) will have to end but probably not until William is monarch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

For those of you compiling a street party playlist for the Platinum Jubilee and want to also reflect the cost of living crisis this one from the Housemartins will definitely go down well

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe

285501374_725465118796960_49258851187025

• Like 3

Photograph taken at  todays platinum jubilee celebrations  of three elderly working royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony that deadpoolers may  wish  to consider when they are deciding which if any royals they might include in their teams. 

From left to right 

The Duke of Gloucester (77) The Duchess of Gloucester (75),   Princess Alexandra (85)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Photograph taken at  todays platinum jubilee celebrations  of three elderly working royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony that deadpoolers may  wish  to consider when they are deciding which if any royals they might include in their teams. 

From left to right 

The Duke of Gloucester (77) The Duchess of Gloucester (75),   Princess Alexandra (85)

The Duchess of Gloucester has morphed into a clone of Doreen Mantle.

They all look OK.I think the Duke and Duchess of Kent are better bets .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.tatler.com/article/prince-michael-retirement

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent  to step down from public life next month when he turns 80.

Might be significant in terms of his  own personal health and that of his wife but  then again might not be . But definitely noteworthy for deadpoolers. 

He looked quite unsteady on his feet at the Thanksgiving Service. His brother looks frailer but actually seems to more steady on his feet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

He looked quite unsteady on his feet at the Thanksgiving Service. His brother looks frailer but actually seems to more steady on his feet. 

His wife  Princess Michael seemed  pretty unsteady also .

• Like 1

Prince George learning some new audible obscenities from the Colonial at the Wimbledon Men's final...:lol:

• Haha 1