widnes14

Last of the Summer Wine

It's ironic that one of the 'younger' cast members drafted in , Trevor Bannister has dropped dead while the oldies like Frank Thornton and Peter Sallis shuffle on!

Sorry, I don't see the irony.

Definitely maybe The End.

A decision that makes little commercial or artistic sense. Reading between the lines here, it's the aged creative team that have killed it off, potentially this show had the immortality of - say - Coronation Street, but that would have required those that created it passing on the brand to new generations of writers.

Wallace and Gromit will doubtless go the same way in a couple of decades.

Nah was well past it's sell by date really, in any case will continue to churn out repeat fees (37 years worth) for some considerable time, pretty good retirement fund for all concerned.

Think Wallace and Gromit will die when Peter Sallis does, really can't see anyone replacing him as Wallace really made the part his own

• Like 1

What will happen to Wallace when Sallis croaks who is gonna do the voice?

What will happen to Wallace when Sallis croaks who is gonna do the voice?

A voice over artist/impersonator/a different actor? Make your choice.

Guest Guest

New series was on tonight. A few DL observations:

1) Peter Sallis clearly looks his age, but bar the obvious difficulty his eye condition gives him in terms of moving around, looks okay.

2) Eric Sykes, although playing a drunk, didn't look brilliant, certainly not as good as I've seen him in other recent programmes. Seemed to have gained a bit of weight. Don't think he'll drop straightaway but maybe not as healthy as I once marked him down for.

3) Tom Owen is getting significantly older & significantly fatter.

4) Keith Clifford was missing, and no explanation that I can find. May just be because of other commitments, or to be Iainesque, maybe 'cos he's ill?

5) Frank Thornton is immortal.

might want to rethink no 5

I know Stephen Lewis's death has been noted elsewhere but I think he deserves a mention on th is thread as he was such a prominent and well loved character on the show http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/actor-stephen-lewis-dead-buses-6247667?ICID=FB_mirror_main Smiler R.I.P

First Smiler death this year following the two lost limbs......

• Like 1

Susan Mallinson (nee Colledge) who played a barmaid in the series has died aged 73 from breast cancer. http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/chesterfield-born-last-of-the-summer-wine-actress-dies-aged-73-1-8048180

Lived in the town where the show was filmed for 30 years.

Oh magic, I was looking to buy a house in Holmefirth; there's one empty, then!

Susan Mallinson (nee Colledge) who played a barmaid in the series has died aged 73 from breast cancer. http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/chesterfield-born-last-of-the-summer-wine-actress-dies-aged-73-1-8048180

I know the purpose of this forum etc. Find it quite sickening really. The woman you have just mocked was my mother in law. No filter between brain and fingers. Keyboard warrior.

Clearly no room under the bridge either Mary. Trit-trot.

• Like 1

Sad people on here really. Not trolling but a grieving family member. People like you should just get under that bridge yourself and stay there.

Sad people on here really. Not trolling but a grieving family member. People like you should just get under that bridge yourself and stay there.

"Not trolling" - words used by trolls

• Like 1

Only if there are goats under the bridge and we can harass them with impunity.

• Like 1

This site does not exist to mock dead people. It is one of the best place on the web to receive death notices and a place to deadpool. But no happiness when someone dies, unless it's a fucking communist child-eater dictator (Islom, are you dead or not?).

I'll re-iterate my perspective, seeing as I posted.

For my part, I post notices which may be of interest. Particular threads are an opportunity to post for fans of particular shows, such as this one. Having been forced to watch the show (I was never a fan) I do remember the lady in question, and though she got only local coverage, a wider fanbase may happen upon here and mourn her loss.

Most folk don't go hunting the internet for deaths, unless they suddenly go "I wonder whatever became of such and such?".

I'll re-iterate my perspective, seeing as I posted.

For my part, I post notices which may be of interest. Particular threads are an opportunity to post for fans of particular shows, such as this one. Having been forced to watch the show (I was never a fan) I do remember the lady in question, and though she got only local coverage, a wider fanbase may happen upon here and mourn her loss.

Most folk don't go hunting the internet for deaths, unless they suddenly go "I wonder whatever became of such and such?".

It was not your post that caused offence. It was Mary. A glib throwaway line with thought or compassion.

can i bring my WiFi under said bridge.
  • Like 1

can i bring my WiFi under said bridge.

Are you with Goat 2?

• Like 1

Jane Freeman is still going, I've not heard much on her lately, but if I recall correctly, she is actually older than Peter Sallis. Which, if true, means she looked genuinely great for her age in most of the show's run.

Jane Freeman, who played Ivy from 1973 to 2010, has died according to Wikipedia.