widnes14

Last of the Summer Wine

32 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

There has been a Twitter update from Barry Langford he says Juliette is still in the 'hospice' but sends a huge thank you to all her well wishers.

Are the quote marks around the word hospice his or yours?

6 hours ago, Toast said:

Are the quote marks around the word hospice his or yours?

I put them round for emphasis. He used the word hospice rather than hospital which I had assumed she was in.

• Thanks 1

94 Years old but no new info on him for some time

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2019 at 23:46, Leon Brittan said:

94 Years old but no new info on him for some time

Thank you. I seem to recall someone posting on this forum a year or two ago that they had inside information that Robert was ill with cancer but I could be getting confused with someone else.

FAO @Gooseberry Crumble

Only reference I saw to it at time, mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Juliette Kaplan is 80 today!:party:

She's been gravely ill for some time now. She's fighting well

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Juliette Kaplan is 80 today!:party:

Cast iron Deathlist cert if she makes it to January 1st. How often do you get recognisable British sitcom stars in hospice care?

She wont see Christmas, though.

10 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

She's been gravely ill for some time now. She's fighting well

Maybe she was just hanging on to see her 80th birthday, in which case, watch this space (or thread) ! 

• Thanks 1

On 03/10/2019 at 08:11, Sean said:

Photo

EF2kkcaWoAA6iN6.jpeg

She looks not too bad in that photo.Looks like reports of her imminent demise may have been greatly exaggerated ! 

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

She looks not too bad in that photo.Looks like reports of her imminent demise may have been greatly exaggerated ! 

I agree, she doesn' look to be circling the drain, however she apparently attended her birthday party by ambulance. Probably not a good sign there. 

https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2019/10/02/last-of-the-summer-wine-actress-to-receive-80th-birthday-star-at-thanet-astronomy-group-meeting/

On 05/10/2019 at 03:02, CoffinLodger said:

Greatly exaggerated!

• Like 1

Does anyone know what kind of cancer she had? Can't se m to find this.  Asking for a friend....

20 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Does anyone know what kind of cancer she had? Can't se m to find this.  Asking for a friend....

She had the deadly kind, clearly...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

She had the deadly kind, clearly...

xTiTnrmeBO4I3svxW8.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Mike Grady is reporting the death of Marina actress, Jean Fergusson:

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272647/

Poor Howard first his wife and now his bit on the side were is Howard going to go for a bit of Fun now. RIP Jean a good actress who would of thought Robert Fyfe would outlive both of them considering he is 15 years older than Juliette and 20 years older than Jean, Rip Jean

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fergie86 said:

Poor Howard first his wife and now his bit on the side were is Howard going to go for a bit of Fun now. RIP Jean a good actress who would of thought Robert Fyfe would outlive both of them considering he is 15 years older than Juliette and 20 years older than Jean, Rip Jean

Technically, there is no-one left to finish him off....:D

2 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

Bit of a shocker coming so soon after Juliette Kaplans death. She wasn't even that old (by LOTSW standards anyway ). Poor old Howards probably a bit too old to be chasing after Marina now anyway, but who'd have put money on them both going before him ?! 

I wonder if losing his 2 closest on screen colleagues so soon after each other will speed up his own demise ?

Does anybody happen to know if Robert Fyfe attended the funerals of Juliette Kaplan or Jean Fergusson. If he didn't he must be in a bad way himself. Worth putting him on the 2020 list ! 

13 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Does anybody happen to know if Robert Fyfe attended the funerals of Juliette Kaplan or Jean Fergusson. If he didn't he must be in a bad way himself. Worth putting him on the 2020 list ! 

I see somebody who claims to be his son keeps editing his Wikipedia claiming that he was born in 1930, not 1925. So may have a few years left in him yet.

• Like 1