widnes14

Denis Norden

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Sad. He was like a cross between Jeremy Beadle and Peter Ustinov.

If that’s true I bet he had Ustinovs hands.

• Haha 1

Death is amongst us once again, he's a decent soul, and will be alright on the night he chooses to visit you or I.

Goodbye Dennis, you made us laugh now and then, and for this year you are my baker's dozen. Say Hi to Frank.

1 )Herman Wouk (Sailor), 2) Billy Graham (Preacher), 3) Olivia De Havilland (Maid Marion),4) Hosni Mubarak (felon), 5) Javier Perez de Cuellar (Sec Gen #5),

6) Clive James (A life critical), 7) Leslie Phillips (Left hand down a bit), 8) Denis Norden (Frank’s other half), 9) Bernard Cribbins (Diggin’ a hole, 10) Daniel arap Moi (Sometime African politician),

11) Michael Anderson (Logan’s Run), 12) Kirk Douglas (Ear-ear), 13) George H W Bush (Naughty old man), 14) Barbara Bush (1st lady), 15) Carol Channing (Thoroughly Modern Millie),

16) Stanley Donen (On the Town), 17) William Frankland (Immune to death), 18) Hal Holbrook (Presidents man), 19) John McCain (Prisoner of war), 20) Clint Walker (Cheyenne Bodie),

21) Vera Lynn (Will we meet again?), 22) Tom Lehrer (Pigeon poisoner), 23) Mary Carlisle (WAMPAS baby), 24) Peter Carington, 6th Baron Carrington (Old Tory survivor), 25) Gottfried Böhm (Build ‘em high),

26) Joe Jackson (Dad), 27) Walter “Fritz” Mondale (Veep), 28) James Randi (Just an illusion), 29) Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (Breathing death mask), 30) Desmond Morris (Naked Ape),

31) Bill Maynard (Magic Selwyn), 32) Lewis Gilbert (Reaching for the sky), 33) Jean Heywood (Billy’s gran), 34) Nathaniel Tarn (Beautiful contradictions), 35) Harold Prince (Hello Broadway),

36) Franco Zeffirelli (Tea with Mussolini), 37) Mangosuthu Buthelezi (KwaZulu), 38) Betty White (One time mayor of Hollywood), 39) Robert Mugabe (Ex-everlasting president), 40) Clu Gulager (Billy the Kid),

41) Ennio Morricone (For a few dollars more), 42) Mary Wilson (Private Eye diarist and poet), 43) Benny Golson (Hard-bop), 44) Frank Williams (Vicar), 45) Stuart Whitman (Cimarron Strip),

46) Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth), 47) William Russell (Companion), 48) Alasdair MacIntyre (After Virtue), 49) Stephen Hawking (Deep thought), 50) Barbara Rush (Woman of means).

That's a shame, I always liked his little meandering comedic tales on My Word (basically, mishear a common phrase and explain it...), and the TV goofs stuff was frequently on. Good age though.

• Like 1

I mean how many people liberate Belsen, write the most famous line in British movie history and also helped keep numerous Soho sex shops in business throughout the 70s and 80s? Respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

write the most famous line in British movie history

My mind is embarrassingly drawing a blank here.

It wasn't Alright on the Night.

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:12, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Is he dead yet?

Fucking hell, he is.

I got him!!

I used to find him boring as a child but he was an incredible writer. my Grandfather who was born the same year as him used to call him "That boring old fart with a clipboard".

9 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

"Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me."

Also voted best one liner in film history. 

• Like 1

Apparently, his wife, whom he was married to for 75 years died two months ago. Maybe that helped him kick the bucket.

R.I.P. We're running out of writers of his calibre 

• Like 1

Apparantely his wife died just 2 months ago so maybe that's what finished him off. Better keep an eye on George Bush ! 

44 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Apparantely his wife died just 2 months ago so maybe that's what finished him off. Better keep an eye on George Bush ! 

Left or Right eye?